The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Jul 3, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #1,636 of 4,956
Put it straight, have anyone tried to switch the cable with Shure's cable?  

In case I may need a new/upgraded cable, can I go with Shure's replacement? 

I tried my UE900 cable which is interchangeable with the Shure cable and it does not fit. So these are not using a standard connector used by other manufacturers.

On a different note. The sibilance is starting to subside on these and the treble is not as hot and splashy (after about 12hrs of burnin) so I am going to leave these cook for at least 3 days with occasional check-in to see how they are sounding.

At this point I am starting to enjoy there sound quite a bit more. One thing I have to do is also recognize I have listening to a BA based IEM so have grown used to the sound it produces versus a dynamic based IEM. The next listen I do I will do a comparison between a couple of dynamic based IEM's and see what happens.

Jul 3, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #1,639 of 4,956

I tried my UE900 cable which is interchangeable with the Shure cable and it does not fit. So these are not using a standard connector used by other manufacturers.

Thank you, dweaver and shawn, though the result is Nope. :D

I was struggling with the red & blue one, but I do believe that would be a perfect fit for France Hi-fier. (Flag colour :D)

Jul 3, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #1,640 of 4,956

On a different note. The sibilance is starting to subside on these and the treble is not as hot and splashy (after about 12hrs of burnin) so I am going to leave these cook for at least 3 days with occasional check-in to see how they are sounding.

At this point I am starting to enjoy there sound quite a bit more. One thing I have to do is also recognize I have listening to a BA based IEM so have grown used to the sound it produces versus a dynamic based IEM. The next listen I do I will do a comparison between a couple of dynamic based IEM's and see what happens.

Mine's been cooking for around 5 days and the peak in the upper treble has definitely decreased. Maybe tonight is the night I get to do some comparisons (who knows 
tongue.gif
). Anyway, the vsd3s definitely hasn't become more detailed, which isn't really a surprise.

Now, some people kinda got scared from my comment on the detail retrieval but vsd3s' detail is pretty good - I was just referring to the in comparison with highly detailed BAs like my N4 and er4s with which you can just hear a lot of crazy stuff.

Jul 3, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #1,641 of 4,956
  I got my VSD3s yesterday, it took 3 weeks for delivery (because of Canada Day, total up 14 busines day). I bought it from ebay store as I missed the pre-order and clearly there was not many choice out there. Good side: I got the legit one and Happy with the purhase. :D

First impression: 
The box is smaller and I am not used to the foam tip (it is good for isolation though), amazed by the detachable cable, rotatable, the quality of sound is above the price.

Going on:
The sounds is pretty great, and if you are not too picky, you don't need amp for this one. It is like VSD3s has its own amp inside. The bass is strong, sound is well-balanced. Satisfied with this purchase, Love it.

Follow up: Soon

Here is the question, have heard that Vsonic prepared an upgrade cable for VSD3s, well, is the replaceable cable the same as Shure's replacement cable.

Put it straight, have anyone tried to switch the cable with Shure's cable?  

In case I may need a new/upgraded cable, can I go with Shure's replacement? 

What do you mean by legit one? There are fakes on eBay?

Jul 3, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #1,643 of 4,956
Mine's been cooking for around 5 days and the peak in the upper treble has definitely decreased. Maybe tonight is the night I get to do some comparisons (who knows :p ). Anyway, the vsd3s definitely hasn't become more detailed, which isn't really a surprise.

Now, some people kinda got scared from my comment on the detail retrieval but vsd3s' detail is pretty good - I was just referring to the in comparison with highly detailed BAs like my N4 and er4s with which you can just hear a lot of crazy stuff.

just do it while you can :D

Jul 3, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #1,647 of 4,956
Ok, so it's literally the middle of the might here but I think I'm in the mood for some comparisons, so stay tuned. The first one will probably be with mh1 coz I remember someone asked about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back