The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Jul 2, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #1,621 of 4,956

For those looking for comparison against the Xiaomi Pistons, keep in mind they are open back IEMs (they don't isolate that well) to some extend is not fair to make a decent comparison. The whole purpose of IEMs is to isolate a bit from the noisy environment IMO and if you don't really need isolation I don't see why would anybody prefer IEMs against full size headphones. The hard part of designing headphones are precisely making a good sound out of so many reflective surfaces in a tiny closed enclosure.

As far as I know I've never seen or heard an open backed IEMs before. The vent or vents on IEMs are there for a purpose as in bass response but the little tiny vent will make very little if not any difference at all in sound isolation.

Jul 3, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #1,622 of 4,956
  I admit I exaggerated the open back part (my apologies) but I still think the main selling point of IEMs should be good isolation, comfort and sound quality. I thought about getting a pair, but I don't need them to be honest :) Does anybody knows where to buy an original pair shipped to Canada?

EDIT: I also prefer IEMs in general. 

I live in Canada and I ordered from penonaudio. They're currently out of stock but lend me ur ears is also another company that can ship to Canada and they should be receiving another small batch really soon

Jul 3, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #1,623 of 4,956
Yes, All the three that you demand are there for its price......penonaudio have them on sale and they are trusted seller......btw,you said you dont need them but you still inquired about getting original shipped to Can?
confused_face_2.gif

I'm moving soon and the only thing I'm sure I'm gonna need is money... no time for big expenses. The worst posts nowadays for me are the sales threads...

Jul 3, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #1,624 of 4,956

As far as I know I've never seen or heard an open backed IEMs before. The vent or vents on IEMs are there for a purpose as in bass response but the little tiny vent will make very little if not any difference at all in sound isolation.

Wouldn't really think to use the term "Open backed" with headphones, at least not in the sense that they are have uncovered backs. But after having owned the IEM monoprice 8320's, I tell everyone they're open backed :)

Jul 3, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #1,625 of 4,956
Wouldn't really think to use the term "Open backed" with headphones, at least not in the sense that they are have uncovered backs. But after having owned the IEM monoprice 8320's, I tell everyone they're open backed :)

you sure? Coz theres difference between vented and open back......and one more,semi-open. You talkin about those 3 (i guess from the pictures) small vents?......

Jul 3, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #1,626 of 4,956
I got my VSD3s yesterday, it took 3 weeks for delivery (because of Canada Day, total up 14 busines day). I bought it from ebay store as I missed the pre-order and clearly there was not many choice out there. Good side: I got the legit one and Happy with the purhase. :D

First impression: 
The box is smaller and I am not used to the foam tip (it is good for isolation though), amazed by the detachable cable, rotatable, the quality of sound is above the price.

Going on:
The sounds is pretty great, and if you are not too picky, you don't need amp for this one. It is like VSD3s has its own amp inside. The bass is strong, sound is well-balanced. Satisfied with this purchase, Love it.

Follow up: Soon

Here is the question, have heard that Vsonic prepared an upgrade cable for VSD3s, well, is the replaceable cable the same as Shure's replacement cable.

Put it straight, have anyone tried to switch the cable with Shure's cable?  

In case I may need a new/upgraded cable, can I go with Shure's replacement? 

Jul 3, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #1,627 of 4,956
And which cable replacement from Shure is a match for VSD3s?

FYI, I asked the seller, he/she told me the upgrade cable from Vsonic end is not on sell yet, while the price will be around 35 CAD once available. 

Jul 3, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #1,628 of 4,956
  And which cable replacement from Shure is a match for VSD3s?

FYI, I asked the seller, he/she told me the upgrade cable from Vsonic end is not on sell yet, while the price will be around 35 CAD once available. 

None, unfortunately. 

Jul 3, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #1,629 of 4,956
Here is the question, have heard that Vsonic prepared an upgrade cable for VSD3s, well, is the replaceable cable the same as Shure's replacement cable.

Put it straight, have anyone tried to switch the cable with Shure's cable?  

In case I may need a new/upgraded cable, can I go with Shure's replacement? 

Nope :frowning2: One of the head fier tried his SE215 cable and it didnt fit.........think same goes to other removables incl. 535........ Lets see from other's input as well.

Jul 3, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #1,630 of 4,956
I expected this coz I remember Vsonic's CEO saying they are working on a mmcx kinda connectors, which implies that it will be different and most likely proprietary. The upgraded cable is supposed to be out at the end of this month and hopefully LMUE will pick it up and offer some sort of return customer discount like in China.

Jul 3, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #1,631 of 4,956

Great then darkdoorway, enjoy your open backed IEM....hope your doorway isn't too dark for you to see the light :wink:

Jul 3, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #1,632 of 4,956
I expected this coz I remember Vsonic's CEO saying they are working on a mmcx kinda connectors, which implies that it will be different and most likely proprietary. The upgraded cable is supposed to be out at the end of this month and hopefully LMUE will pick it up and offer some sort of return customer discount like in China.

Yeah.....the Vsonic way.:wink: first of its kind, the proprietory touch. As the vc02 model 's removable cable fits TF10 and vice versa.

Jul 3, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #1,633 of 4,956
A little update from LMUE - apparently they might get some stock from the elusive red/blue vsd3s
Hello everyone,
Sorry to keep all of you waiting! We will be listing the vsd3s for sale again on Saturday 8pm. Again, there is only 20 units for sale. I am sorry we only have small amount of stocks trickling in at the moment due to shortages in components at the moment. So do mark down your calandar 

Update: We should be getting the Blue/Red color VSD3S next week too! Exact numbers is still unknown

Jul 3, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #1,635 of 4,956
This time,the window is perfect for those ordering from EMEA,NA,SA time zones besides Asia.:D but low in #s.:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back