The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Jun 30, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #1,502 of 4,956
Got my VDS3S today and so far have only only managed to use them for a few hours.
They fit well into the ear and don't move about which is nice, I have had some issues with that with other IEMs even after playing around with different tips.
I will continue to use them for a while and take them to work over my 4AIs for a few days, so far I can say that I am impressed with them.

Have some pictures

Jun 30, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #1,504 of 4,956

A lot of people just play music to burn their gear in. The best way in my opinion.
If you're not satisfied by that technique, you could also use this link: http://www.jlabaudio.com/index/burn-in

does the volume of the song while burning in affect the results if anyway? I should still listen to the same level as if it were already burned in?

Jun 30, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #1,505 of 4,956
  does the volume of the song while burning in affect the results if anyway? I should still listen to the same level as if it were already burned in?

Just don't use max volume the first hours 

Jun 30, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #1,506 of 4,956
  Oh wow, it looks like it can be damper modded like the Shure SE535

The nozzle is way bigger than the se535. 
What do you have in mind?

About burn-in:
This is consistent with what Grado have recommended historically:
"As any mechanical device, the headphones will improve in performance with use. We firmly recommend not allowing the headphones to play continuously for extended periods of time. We strongly suggest letting the headphones break in naturally with normal use."

From Innerfidelity: 
"...If they sound lousy out of the box, but they start sounding a lot better as you listen to them over time, it's your amazingly versatile brain figuring out how to cope with the world.

The miracle is in your head ... not in the headphones."
On the Measurement and Audibility of Headphone Break-in By Tyll Hertsens • Posted: Jan 7, 2012

EDIT: not trying to start a debate btw.

Jun 30, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #1,507 of 4,956
the nozzle may be bigger, but the inner diameter looks the same, looks like it's using the same knowles dampers the SE535 and other BAs use. That means you can potentially change the dampers which results in different sounds.

Jun 30, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #1,509 of 4,956
  the nozzle may be bigger, but the inner diameter looks the same, looks like it's using the same knowles dampers the SE535 and other BAs use. That means you can potentially change the dampers which results in different sounds.

Nah, the inner diameter is like 3mm. Also no damper inside - it's a clear empty nozzle with a mesh on top, so technically you can probably remove it and play around with some damping materials but as far as the shure dampers I don't think you'll have any luck without any additional mods to the or the nozzles.

Jun 30, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #1,513 of 4,956
Ops, wrong place, sorry. 
deadhorse.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back