The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Jun 28, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #1,411 of 4,956
,little long way to go....too early for him.....
well......how do you say gr07 better? What makes you think so?

And I have neither gr07 nor mh1 :frowning2:

reviews and impressions will prove that eventually,,don't worry.

i just want a budget comparison with mh1 and fidelio s1 maybe,,,anyone??

Jun 28, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #1,412 of 4,956
Nah, that comment was in comparison to high-end stuff. In reality the vsd3s is about on par to vsd1 and mh1 in that regard. 

I haven't actually compared it to VSD1/S or LE properly. I just shoved the vsd1s in my ears and gave it 30 seconds of listening to get a general idea how the new "S" model stacks against the previous one. The first most audible thing is the difference in the soundstage size. Next is the lower treble and last is the peak in the upper treble. Of course, I'll let it burn-in  for a couple of days but I don't expect much change.  It's possible the bass might tighten slightly or the sound can open a bit more but burn-in isn't something that magically turns one iem into a completely different one. 

You meant to say the level of VSD1/S/LE and mh1,straight out of the box?

And btw, those 2 days break is for you to recover not for the break-in of 3S.:wink:

Jun 28, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #1,413 of 4,956
reviews and impressions will prove that eventually,,don't worry.

i just want a budget comparison with mh1 and fidelio s1 maybe,,,anyone??

sorry if you took in other way........and im nor worried either but the mfr.

I was so serious what made you think so,thought you would pour-in some that I might not known.

So.......ur RMA packet reached lmue? Whats the ETA for replacement one?

Jun 28, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #1,414 of 4,956
what are guys owning vsd3 doing??

not a single comparison with a budget pair??

not one!!!

Jun 28, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #1,415 of 4,956
You meant to say the level of VSD1/S/LE and mh1,straight out of the box?

And btw, those 2 days break is for you to recover not for the break-in of 3S.
wink.gif

It's what I said - it's definitely far from matching up with high-end stuff in the detail department. I probably correctly assumed that your post suggested that it will get better in that regard after burn-in and that's why I mentioned that I doubt this will change. Usually if an iem is muddy and the bass is bleeding int the mids some burn-in can clear it up and bring some more detail but the vsd3s is already pretty clear and unless the burn-in somehow boosts the upper mids and the lower treble (which has never happened in my experience 
rolleyes.gif
) the level of detail will remain the same. I am open to miracles, so as usual nothing I say in my initial impressions is set in stone and can change.
At this time I would rate it a bit higher than the vsd1 versions but yeah, lower than gr07 mk2, which was probably expected by most coz again I doubt that many people actually expected that vsd3 will cost 3 times less, will have a detachable cable and will beat its big brother.

Jun 28, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #1,416 of 4,956
  It's what I said - it's definitely far from matching up with high-end stuff in the detail department. I probably correctly assumed that your post suggested that it will get better in that regard after burn-in and that's why I mentioned that I doubt this will change. Usually if an iem is muddy and the bass is bleeding int the mids some burn-in can clear it up and bring some more detail but the vsd3s is already pretty clear and unless the burn-in somehow boosts the upper mids and the lower treble (which has never happened in my experience 
rolleyes.gif
) the level of detail will remain the same. I am open to miracles, so as usual nothing I say in my initial impressions is set in stone and can change.
At this time I would rate it a bit higher than the vsd1 versions but yeah, lower than gr07 mk2, which was probably expected by most coz again I doubt that many people actually expected that vsd3 will cost 3 times less, will have a detachable cable and will beat its big brother.

exactly,,,there is a reason gr07 is so popular even after 2 years with consistent feedback.
u just have to listen to drums on these,,,damn heaven.

only problem is isolation and its bit shy on bass,,,,,so gr07 be can be bought if u want more bass.

but i expect this thing to beat the mh1,,,any views on that??
mh1 has liquid smooth vocals but shabby bass,totally unbalanced to my ear,apparent only when u hear a neutral earphone like gr07,otherwise they are quite enjoyable

Jun 28, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #1,417 of 4,956
It's what I said - it's definitely far from matching up with high-end stuff in the detail department. I probably correctly assumed that your post suggested that it will get better in that regard after burn-in and that's why I mentioned that I doubt this will change. Usually if an iem is muddy and the bass is bleeding int the mids some burn-in can clear it up and bring some more detail but the vsd3s is already pretty clear and unless the burn-in somehow boosts the upper mids and the lower treble (which has never happened in my experience :rolleyes: ) the level of detail will remain the same. I am open to miracles, so as usual nothing I say in my initial impressions is set in stone and can change.

yeah,Im happy on my investment as it surpassed my LE......to me(personal preference), YMMV.

Jun 28, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #1,418 of 4,956

exactly,,,there is a reason gr07 is so popular even after 2 years with consistent feedback.
u just have to listen to drums on these,,,damn heaven.

only problem is isolation and its bit shy on bass,,,,,so gr07 be can be bought if u want more bass.

but i expect this thing to beat the mh1,,,any views on that??
mh1 has liquid smooth vocals but shabby bass,totally unbalanced to my ear,apparent only when u hear a neutral earphone like gr07,otherwise they are quite enjoyable

Yeah, hard to beat how drums sound on the gr07 - spot-on decay and just the right amount. And I never thought mk2 was bass shy but the vsd1 and vsd3 definitely have more bass. 
Anyway, at some point I will get down to compare the vsd3s to the mh1 but I already know which one will be the winner in my book. And I don't think the mh1's bass not being neutral is the main problem - it's its speed coz its quite slow while the gr07 is one of the fastest dynamic driver iems in that department.

Jun 28, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #1,419 of 4,956
yeah,Im happy on my investment as it surpassed my LE......to me(personal preference), YMMV.

at 46$,beating vsd1(based on feedback here) and having a detachable cable is too good in my opinion.

just think of it they plan to release vsd5/7/9
normal_smile .gif

Jun 28, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #1,420 of 4,956

at 46$,beating vsd1(based on feedback here) and having a detachable cable is too good in my opinion.

just think of it they plan to release vsd5/7/9
normal_smile%20.gif

Yeah, sure - better cable and a detachable one to boot, better form factor and more comfortable fit, and quite good sound quality for 45 bucks is quite the bang for buck already. It seems that some people are misinterpreting my impressions as bashful or rushed and as I said - these are initial impressions - I still haven't even started tip rolling seriously. I'm just sharing my initial impressions while kinda trying to lower the hype and expectations to a more realistic level.

Jun 28, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #1,422 of 4,956
  Yeah, sure - better cable and a detachable one to boot, better form factor and more comfortable fit, and quite good sound quality for 45 bucks is quite the bang for buck already. It seems that some people are misinterpreting my impressions as bashful or rushed and as I said - these are initial impressions - I still haven't even started tip rolling seriously. I'm just sharing my initial impressions while kinda trying to lower the hype and expectations to a more realistic level.

yeah ur post was the icebreaker i think,,,,before that the thread was going the tenore/mh1/havi b3 way

Jun 28, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #1,423 of 4,956
Aw, hell, I thought it was going to compete with the Nobles. Time to sell.
tongue.gif

Seriously though, if it's better than the VSD1 series, with all the cable and fit improvements, how can you really ask for more at this price point? It was amazing to see what you got for 40 bucks these days with the VSD1. Getting slightly improved sonic quality with a removable and more quality cable for the same general price makes me very happy and glad to be living in this age of budget IEMs.

The only thing that concerns me is the hollow quality. I was expecting the midrange to be more forward with the alleged W4 tuning, but maybe tip rolling will help even some of those peaks and valleys.

Anxious to hear more impressions and comparisons.

Jun 28, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #1,424 of 4,956
Whats the point of a removeable cable at this pricepoint tho ? Yes you can get some cheap 15$ microphonic cables from china but for 40$ ... I rather buy a second pair, maybe with a different tuning, and just use the cable that comes with the new phones.

Jun 28, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #1,425 of 4,956
  Whats the point of a removeable cable at this pricepoint tho ? Yes you can get some cheap 15$ microphonic cables from china but for 40$ ... I rather buy a second pair, maybe with a different tuning, and just use the cable that comes with the new phones.

yes even i think its a stupidity and gimmick,,,it just increased the cost of production by 3-4$,,,,and a cable costs upward of 20-25$ anyways,lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back