The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
May 18, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #436 of 4,956
Hah, I couldn't wait so long, already purchased something else.

VSonic has muuuuch stiffer competition from other IEM makers who've entered the foray. I wonder if that's had anything to do with the delays. Let's see if they can stay on top of their game with these releases.

May 18, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #437 of 4,956
Wow. In the time between the VSD3's original announcement, and now, I've managed to buy something else with the money meant for them and save up more for these.

May 19, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #438 of 4,956
[/IMG]

more pics updated

May 19, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #443 of 4,956
Why they pick that kind of connector instead of 2pin westone style?
Connector like this have more times failing. Look at shure se series and ue900. So many ppl having connector problem...

Seems like the new standard (MMcX I think) - even the new Westone's have it. Durability seems to be related to the model although, not the design itself (but I could be wrong)

May 19, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #444 of 4,956
wait whats the difference between the VSD3 and the VSD 5 again? Waited so long till i forgot

May 20, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #445 of 4,956

Seems like the new standard (MMcX I think) - even the new Westone's have it. Durability seems to be related to the model although, not the design itself (but I could be wrong)

Imo, the durability for MMCX should be better than that of the 2-pin connectors. With the 2-pin if it's not attached properly, you can break/bend the pins if they're pressed (perhaps if it's not in the case when it's in your bag for example). With the MMCX, you can't not have a good connection because of the snap-on connection and it also won't break as easily. MMCX also allow for rotation i believe, which is a plus that the 2-pin doesn't have.

May 20, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #446 of 4,956
Agreed. If its done right, it has the potential to be both more durable and more comfortable/adjustable.

Also the Shure mic cable has an awesome mic.
Imo, the durability for MMCX should be better than that of the 2-pin connectors. With the 2-pin if it's not attached properly, you can break/bend the pins they're pressed (perhaps if it's not in the case when it's in your bag for example). With the MMCX, you can't not have a good connection because of the snap-on connection and it also won't break as easily. MMCX also allow for rotation i believe, which is a plus that the 2-pin doesn't have.

May 26, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #448 of 4,956
Some shops in taobao are now selling aftermarket cables for VSD3/VSD3S even though they are not yet available in the market.The cable is 6N single copper according to the description and sold for 99 yuan (16 USD)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back