The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Nov 12, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #6,241 of 28,989

omigosh.

I was thinking of getting the Yulong but am afraid i might lust after the WA2 once i've gotten it. problem is the WA2 is slightly overpriced where i live. But if it can stop me from constant upgrading that could be a plus!

Nov 12, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #6,242 of 28,989

omigosh.

I was thinking of getting the Yulong but am afraid i might lust after the WA2 once i've gotten it. problem is the WA2 is slightly overpriced where i live. But if it can stop me from constant upgrading that could be a plus!

Better add tube rolling costs into it then 

Nov 12, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #6,243 of 28,989
  Better add tube rolling costs into it then 

Having owned numerous tube amps, i know
wink_face.gif

Nov 12, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #6,245 of 28,989

Having owned numerous tube amps, i know
wink_face.gif

Getting a custom OTL built soon for HD800. Well its not exactly proper custom because its based on someone else's custom OTL but yea...... cannot wait till next January. 

Nov 12, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #6,246 of 28,989
Nov 12, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #6,247 of 28,989
  Getting a custom OTL built soon for HD800. Well its not exactly proper custom because its based on someone else's custom OTL but yea...... cannot wait till next January. 

Nice. Hope it gets to you soon. I know how these waits are...(excruciating!)

Nov 13, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #6,248 of 28,989
Guys, I've deleted three or so pages of posts from this thread. 

Please remember that: 
  1. Posts not on topic are a waste of peoples' time. Replying to off-topic posts are even worse.
  2. Posts with just question marks, smileys and meaningless nonsense are a waste of a post. People come here to read about the topic, not read pages and pages of rubbish.
  3. Moderators that don't feel so generous in giving their (free and unpaid) time to clean up after people who don't follow the Posting Guidelines often just lock threads without warning. Consider this before making a post of the type I just mentioned above.
  4. Replying to public moderator warnings about the rules (such as this one) with further discussion of them or making further off-topic posts is a good way to get locked out of a thread.
smile.gif

Nov 13, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #6,249 of 28,989
Problem - Pulling out the calbe

Hello, i have a small problem with my HD 800's. I have heard that the cables should come really easy out just by pulling the metal thing straight out of the headphones. But it doesn't seem to come no matter what??? I have tried to pull a little hard (to the point i don't want actually, because of i'm scared of damaging the headphones) but it won't come out? 
Is there a special technique were you have to twist it or anything?? I really don't want to use much force, as don't wish to damage them in any way.
So is it normal that it is difficult to unplug the cables, or is there something wrong 
confused.gif

Nov 13, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #6,250 of 28,989
Mine came out kinda hard the first time.  They were really in there.  After the first few time it loosened up a bit.
Was a little nerve racking.  Just make sure you are pulling on the connector straight.  I also find that if you giggle/twist it axially while pulling (like rolling it between you fingers), it helps to get it out.

Nov 13, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #6,251 of 28,989
  Mine came out kinda hard the first time.  They were really in there.  After the first few time it loosened up a bit.
Was a little nerve racking.  Just make sure you are pulling on the connector straight.  I also find that if you giggle/twist it axially while pulling (like rolling it between you fingers), it helps to get it out.

Damn man.. It just won't happen. I guess i will have to wait to a hi-fi meet or something were i can get some assistance.

Nov 13, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #6,254 of 28,989
NP, You are welcome. but yeah, the pucker factor goes up when pulling that hard on your really expensive gear...
beerchug.gif

Nov 13, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #6,255 of 28,989
  Alright i got one out now 
biggrin.gif
 i just pulled extra hard (out of comfort zone). But it worked! thanks alot bearFNF!!!

I once knicked an HD800 pulling out the connector, try to rest the side of your index on the squarish block the connector is plugged into against the black rim of the grill, and use it as support and pull.

Once you've taken it off once, it's much easier after that.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back