The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Nov 3, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #6,076 of 28,989
Thank you and thank you! I think Ayreon is maybe the most underrated music project in our modern days. I always say to people that if you like Pink Floyd, you will love Ayreon.

I never heard of Ayreon, but I do love Pink Floyd (one of my top 5 fav bands). I will surely give Ayreon a listen.

Nov 3, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #6,077 of 28,989

I never heard of Ayreon, but I do love Pink Floyd (one of my top 5 fav bands). I will surely give Ayreon a listen.

eek.gif
 Yeah he is very cool. For starters, I recommend the album "Into the Electric Castle". If you want an added twist, get TB Isone for a great experience. Do note that most his albums are stories, and it's recommended to have time for the full duration of the album.

Nov 3, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #6,078 of 28,989

eek.gif
 Yeah he is very cool. For starters, I recommend the album "Into the Electric Castle". If you want an added twist, get TB Isone for a great experience. Do note that most his albums are stories, and it's recommended to have time for the full duration of the album.

Sounds interesting - i will give this a go as well .

Nov 3, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #6,079 of 28,989
Thank you and thank you! I think Ayreon is maybe the most underrated music project in our modern days. I always say to people that if you like Pink Floyd, you will love Ayreon.

Thanks for the recommendation. Im listening to "Into the Electric Castle" right now. Definitely interesting. I'm hearing more Rush than Floyd so far... Kind of Spocks Beard "ish" actually.

Nov 3, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #6,080 of 28,989
Thanks for the recommendation. Im listening to "Into the Electric Castle" right now. Definitely interesting. I'm hearing more Rush than Floyd so far... Kind of Spocks Beard "ish" actually.

Yeah, Ayreon is great for Sci-Fi / Fantasy lovers. I'd wager that if Pink Floyd was formed in this era, he would be very similar to Ayreon, but yeah he is more on the faster side of Prog Rock like Rush. Another good album is "The Human Equation" and just days ago a new album has finally been released that I will be listening to sometime this week.

Nov 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #6,081 of 28,989
i know its been said before but i just experienced this again last night: watching movies with the hd800 is soo good. gets a bit weird/scary at times when sounds in the movie sound like they are coming from my home (had to pause the movie to make sure it was actually from the film)! this has happened to me multiple times in difference movies now with the hd800, and never had this feeling with my hd650 before. maybe my new dac helps too but mostly the hd800 i think.

Nov 3, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #6,082 of 28,989
Happens to me all the time. Strangely it's mostly bass stuff that gets me to check. HD800 is bass light, ya know, right? :p

Nov 3, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #6,083 of 28,989
I keep thinking someone is at the door, so I stop the movie and go check.  Need to get a light for the door bell...
biggrin.gif
 (and phone)

Nov 3, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #6,087 of 28,989
Nov 3, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #6,089 of 28,989
  i know its been said before but i just experienced this again last night: watching movies with the hd800 is soo good. gets a bit weird/scary at times when sounds in the movie sound like they are coming from my home ...

Trombone Shorty tracks often include cow bell, and I swear that cow bell is right THERE, every time.  The imaging`s just amazing.

Nov 3, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #6,090 of 28,989
That Luxman sure has a way with the Senns.
wink.gif

-Daniel

Which Luxman, Daniel?  
I amp going out to test desktops this afternoon .  .  .  

Edit:  Oh, I see on your profile it`s the P-1u.  I`ve auditioned that one many times, as well as the P-700u, the balanced monster that`s $6k overseas but $3k here.  And a good shop has a floor unit on sale for $2k, with Luxman warranty.  

Either will occupy 40% of my desk !  

Do you prefer the Luxman to your Woo ? ?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back