The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Apr 4, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #1,591 of 28,989
Quote:
Thanks for your opinion but I been dojng this for a long time and I hear major differences and if you happy with your system it is after all you system. In my system the cables make major differences especially interconnects. happy your happy like I said YOMV
biggrin.gif

+1

Apr 4, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #1,592 of 28,989
Thanks for your opinion but I been dojng this for a long time and I hear major differences and if you happy with your system it is after all you system. In my system the cables make major differences especially interconnects. happy your happy like I said YOMV:D

+2. If ur not hearing it, ur gear is not sensitive enough. Or ur ears.....

Apr 4, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #1,593 of 28,989
Quote:
+2. If ur not hearing it, ur gear is not sensitive enough. Or ur ears.....

As I said - I can hear a slight variation in frequency response... Not any real improvement.

If there are MAJOR improvements, it must be measurable... easily.

Apr 4, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #1,595 of 28,989
Apr 4, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #1,596 of 28,989
Major is a bit strong of a word for cables.  They make a difference since there are measurable differences in cables themselves but let's not forget that the amp and source have gimpy little copper traces, tons of solder and solid bare copper or inexpensive twisted cable to the jacks.  In the case of transformer output amps... wire wrapped over wire in great lengths.  That 1m interconnect is not making a Major difference.

In other news, you are also correct in that RustA's rig couldn't resolve the difference anyway.  But lets not go down the road of selling the idea that a cable can change a rig more than a change in source or amp or can.

Apr 4, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #1,597 of 28,989
help, I got HD800 10 hours ago and I can not take my ........ I'm 'only with the mdac :)
this does not feel any peak on the high ... just would like a little 'more' body ..... I'll find 'an amp.

Apr 4, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #1,598 of 28,989
Quote:
Major is a bit strong of a word for cables.  They make a difference since there are measurable differences in cables themselves but let's not forget that the amp and source have gimpy little copper traces, tons of solder and solid bare copper or inexpensive twisted cable to the jacks.  In the case of transformer output amps... wire wrapped over wire in great lengths.  That 1m interconnect is not making a Major difference.

In other news, you are also correct in that RustA's rig couldn't resolve the difference anyway.  But lets not go down the road of selling the idea that a cable can change a rig more than a change in source or amp or can.

You win, I lost. Congrats!
cool.gif

Apr 4, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #1,601 of 28,989
Quote:
Sound Stage..

Soundstage is subjective and frequency response dependent (try to play with EQ or crossfeed to find out)... It's not something that you could ever measure objectively, of course.

Apr 4, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #1,603 of 28,989
Quote:
Try plugging in some Van Den Hul cables. You will immediately notice a disappearance of treble and more bass. A definite difference, but it's not really neutral.

Difference is not necessarily equal improvement, that's all I am trying to say.

Improvement would be something like lower noise level - and not only a change in frequency response. Better synergy is of course possible to hear subjectively but it's not equal to objectively better results.

Apr 4, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #1,605 of 28,989
Edit.

You're right. lets change course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back