The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Jul 18, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #19,397 of 28,989
Jul 18, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #19,400 of 28,989
Haven't heard the Zoetic yet on the HD800s, but it sounded fantastic on the Ethers.

The Draug 2 increases and improves the quality of the bass, sweetness, but doesn't roll off the high end. Leaves the soundstage intact, but improves imaging.

Jul 18, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #19,401 of 28,989
I got my HD800 yesterday but unfortunately I have to sell it. It was bad timing for me I guess as some other expense takes priority. I'll have a pretty useless cable in a few weeks lol.

It sounded good while I had it but I'm looking to purchase one again in the next few months hopefully.

Jul 19, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #19,402 of 28,989
I've finally found a solution to fitting the new HD 800 replacement Ear Pads.

A lot of people can't get the HD800 Ear Pads to lock onto the HD800 frame, this is because the white plastic membrane is too tight around the new replacement HD800 Ear Pads D frame.

Only do this below if you can’t get the new HD800 replacement Ear Pads to fit onto the HD800.

Simply put two fingers in between the black plastic ear pad D ring and the white plastic membrane of the new HD800 replacement earpads, obviously finger print side pointing up and touching the underside of the white plastic membrane, then place your two thumbs, one each on top of the white plastic membrane pressing down on top of the white plastic membrane and your two fingers underneath, pull and stretch apart the white plastic membrane between each finger and thumb following the D shape all around the black plastic ear pad ring, do this several times around the D pad to loosen up the white plastic membrane, don't be too gentle, the plastic has a lot of stretch in it, only stretch around the ear pad D shape and not towards the center hole of the D frame.

Then simply press the ear pads down onto the HD800 chamber black frame to click and lock down into place.

Best wishes,
Paul.

Jul 19, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #19,403 of 28,989
I got my HD800 yesterday but unfortunately I have to sell it. It was bad timing for me I guess as some other expense takes priority. I'll have a pretty useless cable in a few weeks lol.

It sounded good while I had it but I'm looking to purchase one again in the next few months hopefully.

Rawster, which cable did you order again?

Jul 19, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #19,404 of 28,989
It was the mid level one from Charleston cable company. I'm not sure what I'll do with it yet but I'll figure it out when it arrives Monday.

Jul 19, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #19,405 of 28,989
I have ordered the audiophile UPOCC cable from Charleston Cable Company, should have it by early next week.  It's my second or third cable from CCC, and always great service from Christopher.  He's lightning quick to respond to any queries on e-mail, and I certainly had a few before shelling out that kind of $ for a cable...

Jul 19, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #19,407 of 28,989
New HD800 owner here - coming from a HE-6 and almost went for an Ether but got in on a Prime Days AWD deal for just under a grand for what seems to be a new HD800 - serial 38188. 

Running it out of a vintage Pioneer Spec 1 & 2 rack system - wow are these great headphones.  The bass is incredible - I, like another user above, avoided the HD800 from reading the bass was lacking and it was too bright.  Well, I'm 53 and highs don't bother me a bit so if they are bright I can't tell.  They sound extraordinary and the comfort is very very good.  Coming from the HE-6 the weight was the issue as to why I sold them.  Loved the sound and the visceral bass but the HD800 is not lacking out of my system which has more than ample power as well as tone controls and an EQ. 

Day two and I'm quite happy.

Jul 19, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #19,409 of 28,989
  New HD800 owner here - ... - Day two and I'm quite happy.

That's good news ! As prep said, glad to see you enjoy your new purchase. 
beerchug.gif

Jul 19, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #19,410 of 28,989
  New HD800 owner here - coming from a HE-6 and almost went for an Ether but got in on a Prime Days AWD deal for just under a grand for what seems to be a new HD800 - serial 38188. 

Running it out of a vintage Pioneer Spec 1 & 2 rack system - wow are these great headphones.  The bass is incredible - I, like another user above, avoided the HD800 from reading the bass was lacking and it was too bright.  Well, I'm 53 and highs don't bother me a bit so if they are bright I can't tell.  They sound extraordinary and the comfort is very very good.  Coming from the HE-6 the weight was the issue as to why I sold them.  Loved the sound and the visceral bass but the HD800 is not lacking out of my system which has more than ample power as well as tone controls and an EQ. 

Day two and I'm quite happy.

I also just love the bass coming from the HD800

Users who are viewing this thread

Back