The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
May 11, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #18,602 of 28,989
  THks for the suggestion Nudel but for me it's not a matter of recording. Although I was born in 1970 , rock has never been my musical culture and as long as I can remember, i've always prefered Funk, R&B, Jazz . My parents have always listened to classical and I've been a Jazz musician (played Saxophones)  when I was Younger. I juste added more and more EDMs in last years and you have the whole picture. I'm always glad to love new music though so sometimes I discover Rock and Metal I really like , thks to my friend who are more in those music genre :wink: 

So whose "bright" idea was it to invent the Soprano Saxophone (Did they at least tar & feather him ?)

Though to be honest it may not be as objectionable sounding buried (deeply:very deeply) in an Orchestral section !

May 11, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #18,603 of 28,989
I have about 10 hours on mine, how much better will they be after burn in?

Some people hear a difference, some don't. It's not a discussion I want to get into too deep but every headphone I have had has benefited from a couple of hundred hours continuous use. Smooths out the rough edges somewhat.
Anyway, time will tell with these phones but already they sound phenomenal to me and I am considering off loading my LCD-3f.

May 11, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #18,604 of 28,989
  So whose "bright" idea was it to invent the Soprano Saxophone (Did they at least tar & feather him ?)

Though to be honest it may not be as objectionable sounding buried (deeply:very deeply) in an Orchestral section !

Adolphe Sax created all the familly. I loved to play Soprano Saxophone and I love to listen to many soprano players . Dave Liebman for example. 

May 11, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #18,605 of 28,989
I have about 10 hours on mine, how much better will they be after burn in?

You tell us!

JJ 
atsmile.gif

May 11, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #18,606 of 28,989

Adolphe Sax created all the familly. I loved to play Soprano Saxophone and I love to listen to many soprano players . Dave Liebman for example. 

I'm probably just overly negatively affected by all the horrible sounding Kenny G recordings that were constantly being overplayed
years ago ! I suppose it didn't help I really disliked the "wanna-be Jazz" type arrangements he played !

John Coltrane is probably still turning over in his grave from that music !

(I guess you shouldn't base a judgement of a musical instrument on your exposure to the way it sounds on music that fails to sound musical to you) (or was the combination of deficient recording quality,along with non inventive musical arrangements at fault here ?)

May 11, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #18,607 of 28,989
Anyone else here feel their ears go numb* after listening to these? 

It's a very dull, numb pain in my ears. It's the first time it's really happened while listening to these. I only listened for about 30 minutes at about 1/4 volume.. o.o

May 12, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #18,608 of 28,989
  Anyone else here feel their ears go numb* after listening to these? 

It's a very dull, numb pain in my ears. It's the first time it's really happened while listening to these. I only listened for about 30 minutes at about 1/4 volume.. o.o

I've not experienced that... Ears are affected by a bunch of things from diet to the current weather. Maybe it's something else.

May 12, 2015 at 2:55 AM Post #18,609 of 28,989
  I'm probably just overly negatively affected by all the horrible sounding Kenny G recordings that were constantly being overplayed
years ago ! I suppose it didn't help I really disliked the "wanna-be Jazz" type arrangements he played !

John Coltrane is probably still turning over in his grave from that music !

(I guess you shouldn't base a judgement of a musical instrument on your exposure to the way it sounds on music that fails to sound musical to you) (or was the combination of deficient recording quality,along with non inventive musical arrangements at fault here ?)

Ah ok. I see better where you come from.  didn't hear a single note of Kenny-G myself :wink:

Dave Liebman, Brandford Marsalis, John Coltrane, Wayne Shorter are among the best soprano sax players.   I'm a huge fan of miles Davis' Decoy.. Brandford Marsalis plays stellar soprano Sax chorus in this album. 

May 12, 2015 at 6:45 AM Post #18,610 of 28,989

Ah ok. I see better where you come from.  didn't hear a single note of Kenny-G myself :wink:

Dave Liebman, Brandford Marsalis, John Coltrane, Wayne Shorter are among the best soprano sax players.   I'm a huge fan of miles Davis' Decoy.. Brandford Marsalis plays stellar soprano Sax chorus in this album. 

Joshua Redman ! 

May 12, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #18,613 of 28,989

May 12, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #18,614 of 28,989
Surround HD800 :D

May 12, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #18,615 of 28,989

Users who are viewing this thread

Back