The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Jun 4, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #11,071 of 28,989
  Mine weigh in at ~362g (.8lbs). Measured on a bathroom scale so take it with a grain of salt.
Resistance through my Q French silk is 302/303 ohms

Not sure this means much...if the serial number checked out on the site you should be good.
Did you register at the same time to try to get your freq response plot?

Bob you all set for DC? We got a big crew coming there. I think I am also going to Denver but to cover it. 

Jun 4, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #11,072 of 28,989
  Bob you all set for DC? We got a big crew coming there. I think I am also going to Denver but to cover it. 

yep, all set. for both...
beerchug.gif

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #11,073 of 28,989
Im just in doubt if its real..
triportsad.gif

Yeah there's like a 0.00001% chance of those being fake IMO. The manufacturing tolerances to create this kind of technology are insane. There's no incentive for, what - a sweatshop audio factory? - to try to fake what would cost millions in R&D for a Germany company to produce. This is not feasible at all.

Relax and enjoy your headphones. 

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #11,074 of 28,989
Yeah there's like a 0.00001% chance of those being fake IMO. The manufacturing tolerances to create this kind of technology are insane. There's no incentive for, what - a sweatshop audio factory? - to try to fake what would cost millions in R&D for a Germany company to produce. This is not feasible at all.

Relax and enjoy your headphones. 

+1

Jun 4, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #11,076 of 28,989
Reactore, your HD-800's are most definitely the real deal.

As mentioned in other posts before mine there would be no point in manufacturing a counterfeit HD-800 due to cost restrictions,  manufacturing processes and all that.

Besides,  I heard that the heavier versions of the HD-800 provide a richer bass and do sound better 
wink.gif
  ( I joke )

Jun 5, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #11,077 of 28,989
So now my Beyers T1 is officially in selling stage. After a month with it, I finally decided to sell it and focus on upgrading my HD800 rig. Upon purchase I thought I made a good decision by getting it as a complementary can to the HD800, but day after day it became more and more obvious that it was only a buyer's vindication and the HD800 is the better phones, both preference-end and technicality-end. 

Time for a new amp I guess 
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #11,078 of 28,989
  So now my Beyers T1 is officially in selling stage. After a month with it, I finally decided to sell it and focus on upgrading my HD800 rig. Upon purchase I thought I made a good decision by getting it as a complementary can to the HD800, but day after day it became more and more obvious that it was only a buyer's vindication and the HD800 is the better phones, both preference-end and technicality-end. 

Time for a new amp I guess 
biggrin.gif

If it makes you feel any better I did the same thing you did and came to the exact same conclusion. Just build the best HD800 system I can and stop buying anything else that doesn't contribute to that.

Jun 5, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #11,079 of 28,989

If it makes you feel any better I did the same thing you did and came to the exact same conclusion. Just build the best HD800 system I can and stop buying anything else that doesn't contribute to that.

It did actually, good to know I'm not the only one to make the (mistake?) 
tongue.gif

Jun 5, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #11,080 of 28,989
Very interesting to read your testimony mates.
beerchug.gif

I'm currently thinking about purchasing a T1 too. I really don't want to replace my HD800 but I would like to try seriously the Beyerdynamic Flagship. The only quest that interested me during last month is to get the best result with the HD800. Just like you.  For the music I listen to, the HD800 stays the most valuable tool I've ever met. I've listened to an Abyss and undoubtly it outperforms the HD800. But the price and the form factor are dealbreakers for me.

I own my HD800 for ten month now and i'm listening music with it many hours per day. I sold my other headphones, just keeping my beloved Ultrasone Sig pro for travels or when I need isolation at home.

Maybe I could improve something in my system but so far, i'm happy with the Metrum + Sonett 2 combo so I think I should spend big bucks to expect very small improvements . With more money and considering my musical tastes I think i would go to the Stax territory .

the words "end game" are floating in my mind guys
rolleyes.gif
... At least for my main desktop system.
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #11,081 of 28,989
On a completely different subject, am I the only one who preferred the BHA-1 to the Taurus Mk.2 ? Listened to both at a local meet not long ago (thanks to @Revogamer) and I thought the BHA-1 sounded unbelievably sublime with the HD800. A bit too bright for my taste, but sublime nonetheless.

Jun 5, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #11,082 of 28,989
  On a completely different subject, am I the only one who preferred the BHA-1 to the Taurus Mk.2 ? Listened to both at a local meet not long ago (thanks to @Revogamer) and I thought the BHA-1 sounded unbelievably sublime with the HD800. A bit too bright for my taste, but sublime nonetheless.

Interesting. How did the Auralic sound to you then?
I'm currently trying to decide between these two and the HDVA600.

Jun 5, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #11,083 of 28,989
I have 2 HD800s on me at the moment, one is a loaner. I liked it so much I bought a pair, my journey well and truly ends here for headphones. Best headphone I have ever heard, including the Abyss. 

I need a better DAC though, that's my weak link right now. 

Jun 5, 2014 at 6:10 AM Post #11,084 of 28,989
Mine should be here tomorrow night.....hope I am home when delivery is made, because I have to sign for them.

Jun 5, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #11,085 of 28,989
Mine weigh in at ~362g (.8lbs). Measured on a bathroom scale so take it with a grain of salt.
Resistance through my Q French silk is 302/303 ohms

Not sure this means much...if the serial number checked out on the site you should be good.
Did you register at the same time to try to get your freq response plot?

No the qr site gives no frequency graph i guess i have to ask elsewhere at sennheiser.. It also dont says its registered after i complete the diagnose steps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back