The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Jun 2, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #11,011 of 28,989
  RMA = return merchandise authorization  , correct ?

Why would Senneheiser have anything to do with this? You always return merchandise to the seller, not to the manufacturer unless explicitly stated in the terms of sale.

In case you need a repair, that's obviously something else and I guess they (Sennheiser) would play it on a case to case basis. If for whatever reason there are "a lot" of defects with units sold via some grey market soucre, maybe the refuse to repair, or if they legally can't do that, charge some extra.
Go to their website, there's a long list of unauthorized vendors, maybe also some fineprint what happens if any of these units need service. I don't care about this as I bought mine from headamp.

The unauthorized vendors are listed? That's interesting. Are they fake headphones or just illegally obtained HD800's? I would presume it would be next to impossible to create a fake HD800. 

Jun 2, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #11,013 of 28,989
Where are the serialnumbers now, did it pass the 30.000 yet, mine should have somewhere close
If itll say 10,xxx for example then ill know they not new..

Jun 2, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #11,014 of 28,989
Could just be unsold stock. Unlikely, but possible.

Jun 2, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #11,017 of 28,989
Jun 2, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #11,018 of 28,989
beerchug.gif

Jun 2, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #11,020 of 28,989
Sorry for the off topic question, but what's the best way to transport the HD800 and take them on a flight in a luggage/suitcase?
Is it possible just to put them in their original box?or should i add some extra protection somehow? i am affraid the luggage will be tossed by the airline(like all luggage) and i'm not sure if the temp in the middle of the airplane won't damage it.
blink.gif

Jun 2, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #11,021 of 28,989
  Sorry for the off topic question, but what's the best way to transport the HD800 and take them on a flight in a luggage/suitcase?
Is it possible just to put them in their original box?or should i add some extra protection somehow? i am affraid the luggage will be tossed by the airline(like all luggage) and i'm not sure if the temp in the middle of the airplane won't damage it.
blink.gif

I will be taking mine from Australia to Canada soon. I plan to put them in the original case, then the case inside the cardboard box, then lots of bubble wrap around the box. Then jam the box securely with clothes around it inside my suitcase. Should be OK.

The temperature in the cargo hold of a passenger jet should be fine. That's how most cargo travels around the world, right? If you buy any headphones that get couriered from another location to you, that's how they would travel, I would have thought.

Jun 2, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #11,022 of 28,989
  I will be taking mine from Australia to Canada soon. I plan to put them in the original case, then the case inside the cardboard box, then lots of bubble wrap around the box. Then jam the box securely with clothes around it inside my suitcase. Should be OK.

The temperature in the cargo hold of a passenger jet should be fine. That's how most cargo travels around the world, right? If you buy any headphones that get couriered from another location to you, that's how they would travel, I would have thought.

That sounds pretty solid to me.

You could also get a Pelican case like Audeze supplies.  They are available in small sizes at specialty camera stores.

Jun 2, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #11,023 of 28,989
  RMA = return merchandise authorization  , correct ?

Why would Senneheiser have anything to do with this? You always return merchandise to the seller, not to the manufacturer unless explicitly stated in the terms of sale.

In case you need a repair, that's obviously something else and I guess they (Sennheiser) would play it on a case to case basis. If for whatever reason there are "a lot" of defects with units sold via some grey market soucre, maybe the refuse to repair, or if they legally can't do that, charge some extra.
Go to their website, there's a long list of unauthorized vendors, maybe also some fineprint what happens if any of these units need service. I don't care about this as I bought mine from headamp.

Yes, that's what RMA stands for. You usually only contact the seller if the product was under warranty. I specifically wanted to know details for when the warranty is over. In that case, you would have to contact Sennheiser. I just wanted to get an idea of how/if anyone had to pay after their warranty was over. For example, Hifiman charges around $120 for a driver fix after warranty. So wanted to get a ballpark of how Senn handles it directly.

Jun 3, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #11,024 of 28,989
Well, I just joined the HD800 club......I am getting a pair 2nd hand from the b/s/t/ forums.

I can't wait to hear them, but it wont be until this weekend ..........Bonamassa better sound good 
tongue.gif

I am pretty stoked.

Jun 3, 2014 at 6:30 AM Post #11,025 of 28,989
  Well, I just joined the HD800 club......I am getting a pair 2nd hand from the b/s/t/ forums.

I can't wait to hear them, but it wont be until this weekend ..........Bonamassa better sound good 
tongue.gif

I am pretty stoked.

CONGRATS WELCOME TO THE COLLECTIVE LMAO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back