The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Jun 1, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #10,996 of 28,989

It is a good match IMO, transparent, neutral but without etch or glare, very refined.  When you consider the tech and capabilities nothing can get near it at the price.

Possible downside is that some might find it too dry or neutral.

Master 9 is apparently warmer, GSX mkii I heard recently was also warmer.  I would like to hear the Master 9, but not sure if it needs the extra class A bias just for HD800.  The better internal hook up wiring can't hurt either.

Why not?  Just asking...  Are you thinking Class A = overly warm?  Or what are you saying here?

beerchug.gif

Jun 1, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #10,997 of 28,989

Why not?  Just asking...  Are you thinking Class A = overly warm?  Or what are you saying here?

beerchug.gif

My impression was that adding more Class A bias tends to result in a warmer sound all things being equal (what I read also indicates M9 has warmer mids and bass than M6), and that IIRC HD800's don't need the all the power of the M9, so why adjust the bias for power that wont be used (that is assuming the full power is not needed)?  I personally don't want anything warmer than the Master 6 as to me it sounds pretty neutral and any added warmth would be moving away from that.  Who knows though I might prefer the warmer sound of the M9 so long as it doesn't sound slower or murkier.

Jun 1, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #10,998 of 28,989

My impression was that adding more Class A bias tends to result in a warmer sound all things being equal (what I read also indicates M9 has warmer mids and bass than M6), and that IIRC HD800's don't need the all the power of the M9, so why adjust the bias for power that wont be used (that is assuming the full power is not needed)?  I personally don't want anything warmer than the Master 6 as to me it sounds pretty neutral and any added warmth would be moving away from that.  Who knows though I might prefer the warmer sound of the M9 so long as it doesn't sound slower or murkier.

Gotcha.  

In my experience with my First Watt amp that's pure Class A.  This does not = to any more warmth.  The Master 3 I heard in comparison is a much more warmer amp than the F1J.  However, all other Class A/B amps I've heard are more on the cold side compared to the F1J.  Not sure exactly what the GS-X mk2 is "pure class A or Class A/B" but it's a tad bit warmer compared to the F1J as well - in a very good way.

Jun 1, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #10,999 of 28,989
Its more expensive than genuine hd800 price in places like hong Kong so I doubt its fake. Cheapest hd800 from grey import site is only $1050 and that's delivered price to most country

So I can order a new HD800 from here for $1050 delivered to the united states and be sure it is the real deal

Jun 1, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #11,001 of 28,989
  Common sense always tells : "If it sounds to good to be true, it most likely is".
But why do they call is commom sense, if it's so rare ?
wink.gif

Just my 2 sense, eh cents.

well...grados are cheap in the states......not so much in Europe

Jun 1, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #11,002 of 28,989
I see you have posted this in 2 places. It is impossible for anyone to tell you if those you posted about are real but I have never seen nor heard of fake HD800's. I'm not saying they don't exist, but they would be incredibly difficult to copy. I guess you will know when they arrive. I should think if they were not genuine it would be obvious. Considering the technology necessary to make a believable copy I think you are pretty safe.

Sorry i posted here, its just ive seen some stunning comparissons of coppies of items on youtube also older senn models even soundwise coming close, not perfect offcourse
Maybe ppl have a copy without knowing it since few can compare to other genuine ones.

Jun 1, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #11,003 of 28,989
So I can order a new HD800 from here for $1050 delivered to the united states and be sure it is the real deal

For this price i only find used ones here..

Jun 1, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #11,004 of 28,989
http://www.eglobaldigitalcameras.com.au/sennheiser-hd800-on-ear-home-cinema-hifi-headphones.html my friend bought from them 2 weeks ago. Definitely not fake. That price is Australian dollar.

Jun 1, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #11,005 of 28,989
They ship frong hongkong shipped with FedEx I think and it took only 4 days to arrive to Australia

Jun 1, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #11,006 of 28,989
http://www.eglobaldigitalcameras.com.au/sennheiser-hd800-on-ear-home-cinema-hifi-headphones.html my friend bought from them 2 weeks ago. Definitely not fake. That price is Australian dollar.

I bought from them 3 weeks ago. Not fake. 

Also I don't think there would be much of a market for fake Sennheiser HD800s. The cost of producing them versus the amount you would sell? Seems like a bad idea. 

Jun 1, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #11,007 of 28,989

That is $984.87 in $, an excellent deal, anybody purchased here?

Jun 1, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #11,009 of 28,989
Anyone have experience with how Sennheiser handles RMA after the warranty period is over? Any idea of how much they would charge for a driver replacement or internal damage?

Jun 2, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #11,010 of 28,989
RMA = return merchandise authorization  , correct ?

Why would Senneheiser have anything to do with this? You always return merchandise to the seller, not to the manufacturer unless explicitly stated in the terms of sale.

In case you need a repair, that's obviously something else and I guess they (Sennheiser) would play it on a case to case basis. If for whatever reason there are "a lot" of defects with units sold via some grey market soucre, maybe the refuse to repair, or if they legally can't do that, charge some extra.
Go to their website, there's a long list of unauthorized vendors, maybe also some fineprint what happens if any of these units need service. I don't care about this as I bought mine from headamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back