The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Feb 13, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #106 of 28,992
Why,  what happend?

They quoted me "about four weeks", but it took them six before they even sent me an email about my order status, and they arrived the seventh week. I called prior, of course, but got shrugged off by the phone and chat reps and placated with "any day now" answers for almost three weeks.

Their paint skills are phenomenal. Their communication skills however, are not. I didn't even get an apology for the delay, just a bump to overnight shipping (woo, a $25 value on $1500 headphones) and a "thank you for your patience." Heck, I've had better communication from Amazon over a $15 DVD than I did from Colorware.

Feb 13, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #108 of 28,992
Quote:
They quoted me "about four weeks", but it took them six before they even sent me an email about my order status, and they arrived the seventh week.

Don't get in line for a HeadAmp GS-X then, we're going on month seven give or take :D

Feb 13, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #109 of 28,992
Quote:
They quoted me "about four weeks", but it took them six before they even sent me an email about my order status, and they arrived the seventh week. I called prior, of course, but got shrugged off by the phone and chat reps and placated with "any day now" answers for almost three weeks.

Their paint skills are phenomenal. Their communication skills however, are not. I didn't even get an apology for the delay, just a bump to overnight shipping (woo, a $25 value on $1500 headphones) and a "thank you for your patience." Heck, I've had better communication from Amazon over a $15 DVD than I did from Colorware.

Ha ha ha.  I waited for 5 weeks then they shipped mine.  I was cool with it..  I'll buy from them again, knowing it will take about 2 months. 

Hope they get the HD7000
biggrin.gif

Feb 13, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #110 of 28,992
Ha ha ha.  I waited for 5 weeks then they shipped mine.  I was cool with it..  I'll buy from them again, knowing it will take about 2 months. 

Hope they get the HD7000:D

The time wasn't the issue, it was the complete lack of communication on their part. I always had to contact them, only to be told of delays with my order and very generic ETAs meant to placate me. I don't mind waiting if the vendor keeps me updated. :p

Feb 13, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #111 of 28,992
Feb 13, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #112 of 28,992
Quote:
Just for you, Maxvla:

This was the first thing I thought of when I saw them.

I'm really thinking about sending back my HD700 and selling the HD650 to buy the HD800.  Not that I don't like the HD700, it's just... that I love it so much that I really want to hear the HD800.  My only fear is the bass.  If the HD800 comes close to the amount of bass the HD700 has then I'll be fine with it.

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #113 of 28,992
Quote:

I'm really thinking about sending back my HD700 and selling the HD650 to buy the HD800.  Not that I don't like the HD700, it's just... that I love it so much that I really want to hear the HD800.  My only fear is the bass.  If the HD800 comes close to the amount of bass the HD700 has then I'll be fine with it.

The HD700 has good bass?   

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #115 of 28,992
Quote:

The HD700 has good bass?   

I thought it did when I coaxed a pair out of Sennheiser at PAX East last year. Admittedly, a show floor that size isn't a good demo environment, but they were demoing the HD800s with some hip-hop and bass-heavy rap, and both the HD 700 and HD 800 put out a good amount.  I preferred the fit and finish of the HD 800 though, especially how I could still clearly make out the music despite the noisy show floor.

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #116 of 28,992
Quote:

Damnit Gosh darn it! My family thought the same thing, too, when I showed them my Colorware samples.  My brother, being a Packers fan, pointed out the scheme as well.

1) I'm not a football fan, so no, they're not Packers HD 800s :p
2) I'm not a John Deere fan, so no, they're not John Deere HD 800s :p

I just like the Green-Yellow-Black color scheme, is all! Though I guess I should complete the ensemble with a green tee shirt and green striped overshirt before PAX East starts.  Be the Sennheiser Green Meanie!

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #117 of 28,992
Quote:

I thought it did when I coaxed a pair out of Sennheiser at PAX East last year. Admittedly, a show floor that size isn't a good demo environment, but they were demoing the HD800s with some hip-hop and bass-heavy rap, and both the HD 700 and HD 800 put out a good amount.  I preferred the fit and finish of the HD 800 though, especially how I could still clearly make out the music despite the noisy show floor.

Sounds good to me.  I expect the HD800 to reach deeper and have even more detail in the bass.  Now if I can bring myself to actually box these back up, they sound too good.

I've always liked the green and black of the car in Bullitt.  Almost bought one of these but ended up with a yellow and black one... ugh what was I thinking.

Feb 14, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #119 of 28,992
Sounds good to me.  I expect the HD800 to reach deeper and have even more detail in the bass.  Now if I can bring myself to actually box these back up, they sound too good.

I've always liked the green and black of the car in Bullitt.  Almost bought one of these but ended up with a yellow and black one... ugh what was I thinking.

I'll probably get banned for saying this, but I've never seen Bullitt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back