The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Mar 29, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #9,676 of 29,017
I have read a couple of timrs that each psir sonuds differently.
How much does the sound vary, and should it worry anyone interested in getting a pair?
Thanks.

How to kill the moment bud :wink:
There is no sound variation according to the more experienced head-fiers who have tried many pairs. Seriously I wouldn't worry about that. Sennheiser have an exceptional reputation in regards to quality control and consistency, with the HD800) 

Now i know why I line him. Hahahahaha

beerchug.gif

Mar 29, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #9,677 of 29,017
  To live with the HD800,
Is to die with a lesser phone,
A window to the soul of music..
A tool to lay bare the truth,
Thy will hold onto thee -
as thy is a geek..
Just don't mention the screwing 6khz peak. 

There once was an HD800 from
Nantucket.....

Did I do that right?  
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 29, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #9,681 of 29,017
I can add this many of the so called issues of the hd800 is really related to the music chain and not the headphones.
Both dacs and amps are to blame. If we had really good speakers and played something and it sounded horrible on our system. We would blame it on the music , DAC or amps. But with the hd800 it becomes just the headphones .

But that will just start another debate so let's not go there in this thread lol.

Al

Right on the $

Mar 29, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #9,683 of 29,017
Sometimes people need something else to complain about other than the 6KHz peak :D

Hahhaha , this is funny, by the way AL it's all good meng I love your post.

Mar 29, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #9,684 of 29,017

So what you are typing is the words should
Just continue , even if it's a different thought.

Like this no good
And this is ok. Why is does it bother people
??

Sometimes people need something else to complain about other than the 6KHz peak
biggrin.gif

Would that be a fit of Peak?

Mar 30, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #9,686 of 29,017
:), I've only had my HD800 for a week with about 30hrs of burn in. When it comes to the sound, somewhat impressed but when it comes to comfort and quality I'm a Sennheiser Customer for life.

Since these headphones have been out for almost five years now. Does anyone know when the next generation will be released?

Mar 30, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #9,687 of 29,017
Of course many here have used EQ. . But consider the headphones are not imbalanced , so make your adjustments on how it sounds good to you . Not how someone tells you it should sound. Also try taking away rather then adding . Find tracks you know well and play and enjoy . If adding try doing the lower octave from 60 up to about 300. This will take away the highs a little and maybe give you a better sound for U.

Al

Mar 30, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #9,688 of 29,017
I own a pair of HD800 that i run with a Burson Conductor and a WA2 this weekend i had a revelation. I went to the  Montreal  audio show to try all the top end HP  Abyss Stax, Audeze's ,Grado's ects,  i came out of there a changed man why you ask because i discovered audio is just hype .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        I get to the Woo Audio room what do i see a pair of Abyss HP plugged into WA5 i was all excited i said to myself man this is going to be something else ,WRONG what i discovered because this was the first time i actually went to an audio show and listened to all those HP, is that audio deals in subtilitys and they are  charging thousands for it what a rip . So this system will be end game  for me i am happy to say because for thousands more those HP are simply not worth it .                                                                    

Mar 30, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #9,689 of 29,017
I own a pair of HD800 that i run with a Burson Conductor and a WA2 this weekend i had a revelation. I went to the  Montreal  audio show to try all the top end HP  Abyss Stax, Audeze's ,Grado's ects,  i came out of there a changed man why you ask because i discovered audio is just hype .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        I get to the Woo Audio room what do i see a pair of Abyss HP plugged into WA5 i was all excited i said to myself man this is going to be something else ,WRONG what i discovered because this was the first time i actually went to an audio show and listened to all those HP, is that audio deals in subtilitys and they are  charging thousands for it what a rip . So this system will be end game  for me i am happy to say because for thousands more those HP are simply not worth it .                                                                    

This is because you already owned the superior headphone.

Mar 30, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #9,690 of 29,017
This is because you already owned the superior headphone.

+1 lol, the HD800 measures much better than the Abyss. In other word, it is technically superior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back