The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Nov 27, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #6,691 of 28,989
If the seller asked you to contact him outside of amazon through email, then it was almost certainly a scammer. Also, Amazon will never ask you for a bank transfer or anything of the sort. 

Nov 27, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #6,692 of 28,989
it was a third party dealer, who was supposedly controlled by Amazon.
The seller opened the storefront on Amazon.com.
I might publish all my email chain for the case for the protection of head-fier.

Please do that, in fact a thread could probably do just as well, I have my own beef with a real seller on Amazon that lures headphone people like me in, with real looking deals, and then "oops" do not have any left, but they will sell you something else. 

Nov 27, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #6,694 of 28,989
If the seller asked you to contact him outside of amazon through email, then it was almost certainly a scammer. Also, Amazon will never ask you for a bank transfer or anything of the sort. 

because of the fact that you mentioned, I notified immediately to Amazon for their asking by email to verify this demand being from you or not.
Also I notified Amazon by visiting Amazon website directly via CONTACT US.
What I got is that "it is safe by Amazon protection."

Nov 27, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #6,695 of 28,989
because of the fact that you mentioned, I notified immediately to Amazon for their asking by email to verify this demand being from you or not.
Also I notified Amazon by visiting Amazon website directly via CONTACT US.
What I got is that "it is safe by Amazon protection."

Hmm... well I know that lately there has been a scammer trying to sell hd800s on amazon for around $700-800 and asks the buyer to contact him by email. He then asks for your address and then you get an email from "amazon". It looks totally legit and the return email address looks legit as well but the invoice asks for a bank transfer to ITALY. Obviously this is a scam. He is making new amazon accounts to do this.

It might or might not be the same case as yours, but I hope this helps the other people who are reading this. Gl with your case... 

Nov 27, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #6,697 of 28,989
Got scammed and it was easy to detect. Italy wire transfer and amazon-orders-services.com, not amazon.com. Sorry, but you should have seen that a mile away.

Nov 27, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #6,698 of 28,989
Got scammed and it was easy to detect. Italy wire transfer and amazon-orders-services.com, not amazon.com. Sorry, but you should have seen that a mile away.

Yeah.... sorry, unfortunately I don't think there is much that Amazon can do to help you. If a deal is too good to be true, then it usually is.

Nov 27, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #6,699 of 28,989
Don't take this as criticism of your English but,

If you copied the emails fully (un-altered) the ones supposedly from amazon have all the tell tales of a scammer. (i.e. bad grammar and the tone of the emails and the threats are not amazon...)

I would have picked up the phone and called them or had them call be back, as I have had to do in other instances.  You might also make sure your bank account is secure.  Let them know what happened so they can make sure they don't try to back hack into your account.

Nov 27, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #6,700 of 28,989
Don't take this as criticism of your English but,

If you copied the emails fully (un-altered) the ones supposedly from amazon have all the tell tales of a scammer. (i.e. bad grammar and the tone of the emails and the threats are not amazon...)

I would have picked up the phone and called them or had them call be back, as I have had to do in other instances.  You might also make sure your bank is secure.  Let them know what happened so they can make sure they don't try to back hack into your account.

I just visited my bank account and noticed that they drew twice the amount that I authorized.
Thank you for your advice.

Nov 27, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #6,701 of 28,989
This is a classic "If it's too good to be true, it probably is". Plus, bank transfers are an automatic red flag for a scam. No legit consumer product company does this.

Nov 28, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #6,704 of 28,989
I just visited my bank account and noticed that they drew twice the amount that I authorized.

That really sucks bro. Thanks for sharing your bad experience so that others can be aware. 

Nov 28, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #6,705 of 28,989

I dont know your bank policies but in some cases you can get your transfer back. Obviously it takes some work but if you go to the police and its posible to trace it, They might just detain the guy and return the cash (long shot, but it worked for more than one guy I know).

Obviously, be carefull in the future. "Dream Deals" are rearly that in reality, and the reason a SCAM actually works, is becouse of people beliving its an offer they rearly gonna get so they need to jump on it right away.
Now, I know that loosing that cash sucks, but in a way you payed 1600 dollars for a lesson that is actually much more valuable than that (there are people out there that lost their homes or life savings on things like those, and it includes legal ways, like a credit in a bank).

On the HD800 Topic, Anyone knows if the HD800 pads can be changed? I really like beyerdynamic pads, so Im thinking of modding the HD800 when i get them for moar comfort :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back