The new Grado GS1000
Apr 25, 2006 at 1:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
Hi All,

Those of you who attended the National Head-Fi meet were treated to a BIG surprise from none other than John Grado himself. John brought along his latest creation - the GS1000 headphone. It was fun watching the looks on peoples faces - the GS1000 has the grado look only different. It has the new Grado circumaural foam pads and a larger wood enclosure than previous models.

Once they are place on your head two things really jump out at you - first is how huge the soundstage is. This is not something you have to really try to hear - it is noticeable immediately. They there is the, wow are these babies light and comfortable sensation (or lack thereof). So two of the biggest gripes about the Grado lineup are ...GONE!

So how do they sound... Excellent! Open, detailed highs, sweet solid midrange and deep tight bass. The other big thing I noticed was the seamless transition from highs to mids to bass. And the balance is very good.

So how do you get in line for one??? We have set up a page at www.ttvj.com so you can preorder one. They are $995 + shipping and will ship in 4-6 weeks and possibly less.

This is a must have for the high end headphone enthusiest whether you are a Grado fan or not. These may just convert you if the Grado sound has not wowwed you before!

UPDATE: The GS1000 will start shipping soon. They will be shipped without boxes and the box will be sent as soon as they become available. It could be as late as July before the boxes are available. If you do not want your headphone shipped until the box is available, please let me know - otherwise they will start shipping very soon.
Like all Grado products, I am only permitted to ship them in the USA. Those of you outside the USA will be able to purchase them via your own local dealers soon. They are well worth the wait.

Todd

Apr 25, 2006 at 1:39 PM Post #3 of 39
So soon available, that's great news
biggrin.gif

Is this latest addition also available to EU members?

Apr 25, 2006 at 1:40 PM Post #4 of 39
Man!!! I want one of those....
biggrin.gif

Apr 25, 2006 at 1:51 PM Post #5 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by gurus
We need pictures!

I'm sure others will post better ones but this is from the national meet this weekend.

large.jpg

Apr 25, 2006 at 1:55 PM Post #6 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by gurus
We need pictures!

Check out the International Head-Fi meet impressions thread. There are plenty of pics of the new Grados there!

Apr 25, 2006 at 2:23 PM Post #8 of 39
Why oh why do I get upgradeitis every time a new top of the line grado comes out.
confused.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Biggie.

Apr 25, 2006 at 3:24 PM Post #12 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander
Are those pads really circumaural? It still looks kinda small to fit large ears...

Browse through the Nat. meet impressions thread and you will see that they are huge.

Apr 25, 2006 at 8:18 PM Post #15 of 39
If they are numbered - I reserve No. 69!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back