The New FiiO X5 2nd Gen Audition Tour in India + Impressions
Jun 11, 2015 at 6:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

raghavsomani

Member of the Trade: Headphone Zone
Hi guys,

I’m pleased to announce that FiiO’s high-end DAP the X5 2nd Gen is close to official release and meanwhile we would like to send out our demo unit for a country tour. We’re excited to be hosting the tour as it will be the first FiiO tour happening in India!

The Main improvements of the X5 2nd gen (FX5221) over the 1st gen are as follows:
1. All-new exterior design, improved build, with metal finish changed from powdered to brushed;
2. More compact and lightweight; smaller black borders around LCD;
3. All-new independent amplification stage with analogue volume control, increasing audio resolution and enabling feature for native DSD decoding;
4.All new digital audio architecture, utilizing dual crystal oscillators dedicated to multiples of 44.1 and 48kHz respectively (including 176.4kHz=4x44.1, 192kHz=4x48 and DSD64 and DSD128 (multiples of 44.1), handling all major sample rates without resampling artifacts and minimal jitter;
5. Supporting hardware DSD decoding;
6. Supporting CTIA-standard in-line earphone remotes (e.g. Apple, Samsung compatible earphones)
7. Breakthrough power architecture design that utilizes different system voltages for low and high gain, allowing maximum flexibility between long endurance and high driving power in the same unit.
8. All-new power management feature: auto standby mode allows player to remain in standby for weeks, ready to continue playing instantly.
9. Coulomb meter for precise battery level readouts.

Interested? Here’s your chance to get an early ear to the unit for free!

This is what we will need from you:
-Headphone(s) you possess:
-DAP(s) you possess:
-FiiO product(s) you possess (if any):
-Descriptions and links to review(s) you have posted (if any):
-Your City:

Application period: 11[size=10.8333330154419px]th[/size] June to 15t[size=10.8333330154419px]h[/size] July 2015

Shipping:
Depending on the location of the selected reviewers, we will ship out the X5 2nd Gen, to one or more to reviewers in the country, shipping costs from one reviewer to the next is will be borne by the reviewer. We will pay for shipping to the first reviewer and from the last reviewer back to our offices.

Please note:
-Review X5's will not ship with micro SD cards. Please prepare your own micro SD cards and music files for review and preferably format the cards within the X5 prior to use.
-Reviewers should keep the X5 for at most 3 days before shipping to the next reviewer.
-Reviewers should ship the X5 to the next reviewer by registered post requiring signature in the padded box provided.
-Reviewers will not be held responsible for any damage to the X5 sustained during shipping or normal usage.
-Reviewers should do the review fairly and objectively, and related product photos are required. Alternatively review videos are welcome
-Reviewers should not overstate the advantages of the products.
-Reviewers should indicate that the review X5's are free loan units, in order to avoid any misunderstandings.
-Reviewers are reminded to listen responsibly and safely to the X5, to not use it when operating machinery or driving, and not to drive headphones to excessive volume.
-Reviewers should post their reviews also on the Headphone Zone “Product Reviews” Blog.

Jun 15, 2015 at 7:05 AM Post #3 of 9
I'm interested in Testing/reviewing Fiio X5 2nd Gen
Headphones : Oppo pm 3,Vmoda M-100,Vmoda LP2,RHA T10
Dap.Fiio X5 and Fiio X3 2nd Gen IPod 160 Classic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 15, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #4 of 9
Would be a pleasure to give a review on this.
-Headphone(s) you possess: HD650 with Norne Cabling, ATH M50, ATH M40
-IEM(s) you possess: JH5Pro, Final Audio Heaven Vi, JVC Fx-Ha850, Xiaomi Piston 2.0
-DAP(s) you possess: Mezzo Soprano Ak100s (MSAK100s)
-AMP(s) you possess: Oppo Ha-2, Aune T1
-FiiO product(s) you possess (if any): Fiio E07k
-FiiO product(s) you possessed : Fiio X3, Fiio E12DiY, Fiio X5

http://www.head-fi.org/products/mezzo-soprano-ms-ak100/reviews/11174
http://www.head-fi.org/products/shonyun-sh-306a/reviews/10738

-Your City: Salem, Tamil Nadu

Jun 15, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #5 of 9
Hello Raghav,

Would love to give the FiiO X5 2nd gen a test run and post honest opinions. 
My list of current gear is given below;

Headphones
1. Sennheiser HD558
2. Denon AH-D340
3. Philips Citiscape Uptown
4. Havi B3 Pro 1

DAP (s)
1. FiiO X3 (1st Gen)
2. Cowon C2
3. iPod Classic 80 GB
4. Sandisk Sansa Clip Zip (Sold)

FiiO Products
1. X3 (1st Gen)
2. E12A
3. E07K
4. E6 (Sold)

Link to review(s):
More on the lines of 'opinions' than a proper review;
http://www.amazon.in/Denon-AH-D340-On-Ear-Headphones/product-reviews/B00AMAJF0Y/ref=dpx_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1

City
Gurgaon, NCR

Thanks & cheers,
Shreyas
  Hi guys,

I’m pleased to announce that FiiO’s high-end DAP the X5 2nd Gen is close to official release and meanwhile we would like to send out our demo unit for a country tour. We’re excited to be hosting the tour as it will be the first FiiO tour happening in India!

The Main improvements of the X5 2nd gen (FX5221) over the 1st gen are as follows:
1. All-new exterior design, improved build, with metal finish changed from powdered to brushed;
2. More compact and lightweight; smaller black borders around LCD;
3. All-new independent amplification stage with analogue volume control, increasing audio resolution and enabling feature for native DSD decoding;
4.All new digital audio architecture, utilizing dual crystal oscillators dedicated to multiples of 44.1 and 48kHz respectively (including 176.4kHz=4x44.1, 192kHz=4x48 and DSD64 and DSD128 (multiples of 44.1), handling all major sample rates without resampling artifacts and minimal jitter;
5. Supporting hardware DSD decoding;
6. Supporting CTIA-standard in-line earphone remotes (e.g. Apple, Samsung compatible earphones)
7. Breakthrough power architecture design that utilizes different system voltages for low and high gain, allowing maximum flexibility between long endurance and high driving power in the same unit.
8. All-new power management feature: auto standby mode allows player to remain in standby for weeks, ready to continue playing instantly.
9. Coulomb meter for precise battery level readouts.

Interested? Here’s your chance to get an early ear to the unit for free!

This is what we will need from you:
-Headphone(s) you possess:
-DAP(s) you possess:
-FiiO product(s) you possess (if any):
-Your City:

Application period: 11[size=10.8333330154419px]th[/size] June to 15t[size=10.8333330154419px]h[/size] July 2015

Shipping:
Depending on the location of the selected reviewers, we will ship out the X5 2nd Gen, to one or more to reviewers in the country, shipping costs from one reviewer to the next is will be borne by the reviewer. We will pay for shipping to the first reviewer and from the last reviewer back to our offices.

Please note:
-Review X5's will not ship with micro SD cards. Please prepare your own micro SD cards and music files for review and preferably format the cards within the X5 prior to use.
-Reviewers should keep the X5 for at most 3 days before shipping to the next reviewer.
-Reviewers should ship the X5 to the next reviewer by registered post requiring signature in the padded box provided.
-Reviewers will not be held responsible for any damage to the X5 sustained during shipping or normal usage.
-Reviewers should do the review fairly and objectively, and related product photos are required. Alternatively review videos are welcome
-Reviewers should not overstate the advantages of the products.
-Reviewers should indicate that the review X5's are free loan units, in order to avoid any misunderstandings.
-Reviewers are reminded to listen responsibly and safely to the X5, to not use it when operating machinery or driving, and not to drive headphones to excessive volume.
-Reviewers should post their reviews also on the Headphone Zone “Product Reviews” Blog.

Jun 17, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #6 of 9
Excellent.

When is the review tour likely to begin?

Cheers.

Jun 17, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #8 of 9
Absolutely Raghav. I can do a review before end of next week (I am likely to travel after that). 

I live in Chennai. 

Current DAPs:  Hifiman 601LE & Cowon E2
Current Earphones:  JVC HA FX 1000, Phonak Audeo 112, Panasonic HJE 900.
No Amps or FIIO products.

Avid reader of reviews. Here is only one that I did:  http://www.head-fi.org/products/hisoundaudio-rocoo-p/reviews/7067.  Looking to start reviewing audio gear again.

Cheers.

Jun 18, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #9 of 9
Hi,

I dont have any prior experience with daps. Will i be eligible?

Headphones i own:

Sennheiser HD700, HD518
AKG K550
Hifiman RE400

Amp
Audinst HUD mini

Reviews

http://www.head-fi.org/products/akg-k-550/reviews/11128
http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-hd-448/reviews/9807

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back