The New Enleum AMP-23R Amplifier (Successor to Bakoon AMP-13R) Thread
Feb 13, 2024 at 10:24 PM Post #1,861 of 1,892
lack of midrange is objectively verifiable and irrefutable
You have completely missed my point re: weird tastes. My point was that, objectively, I can show that the amp I heard lacked mids. Others either have an amp which does have those mids, which makes the one I had faulty, or, theirs might not have mids but they think it does In which case they have a hearing issue, or, … weird tastes.
A sensible post. Thanks @Zielarz I’m ignoring the other person. Wants a fight to overshadow an interesting discussion.

FWIW I am referring to literal mid range i.e. there is a measurable dip in those frequencies one would normally associate with mid-range. Also a sense that the music lacks any real magic or natural flow absent those things.

As regards the Naim it was literally no more than an intuitive sense that something was “off” and I had ceased to enjoy my music listening.
Need to back track on this because it's completely false and I need to ask where you imagined this up? The AMP-23R measures perfectly flat in FR across the audio band, and beyond 100kHz (to 1MHz for the current-mode input buffer). There is nothing "objective", "verifiable" or "irrefutable" about your statements without proof.

Subjectively in my experience, the AMP-23R comfortably trumps my Holo Bliss in mid-range presentation.

1707881025694.png

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2024 at 3:33 AM Post #1,862 of 1,892
Feb 14, 2024 at 7:20 AM Post #1,863 of 1,892
According to Soo In:

"There are only two versions and you can tell by the speaker connectors. The first production lot with the Cardas speakers were sold out too soon than we initially expected, and there were certain components that were no longer available or required a thousand minimum order quantity. We’ve decided to update/upgrade from the second production that it will get 50% increase in power supply reserve, more optimized/faster input buffer design and better components (WBT connectors and Mundorf wirings). Compared to the first production unit, we and everyone we trust with good ears all prefer the second/current production version."

I assume software updates were also addressed and V2 came with the new remote control which is built like a tank as well as the vibration isolation stands as standard issue.

There was a proportional price hike from V1 to V2. Although both sound magnificent, V2 would have better results with speakers I would presume.

EDIT: There are actually three versions, V1 (SN XXX), V2 (SN AXXX), V3 (SN HXXX)

V1 (SN XXX):
AMP-23R_tech2_2000x.jpg

V2 (SN AXXX):
1676457545469.jpeg

V3 (SN HXXX, this one is H008):
1707899497641.png
Great post. I have the second one, serial no: AXXX. Any noticeable difference between the 2nd and 3rd gen besides the blue capacitors being changed to brown? Which do you think is better?

Feb 14, 2024 at 5:23 PM Post #1,866 of 1,892
The only place where this is described is 6moons.

V1: https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/enleum-amp-23r/
V2: https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/enleum-amp-23r-redux-2/
V3: https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/enleum-amp-23-redux/

In terms of differences, you can see the left/right chassis panels have grooves in them, and the forward PCB is different (look at the bottom left corner behind the motor). Can't see any changes between the amplifier circuit (rear PCB), also according the 6moons the firmware was updated.

Feb 14, 2024 at 6:48 PM Post #1,867 of 1,892
The only place where this is described is 6moons.

V1: https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/enleum-amp-23r/
V2: https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/enleum-amp-23r-redux-2/
V3: https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/enleum-amp-23-redux/

In terms of differences, you can see the left/right chassis panels have grooves in them, and the forward PCB is different (look at the bottom left corner behind the motor). Can't see any changes between the amplifier circuit (rear PCB), also according the 6moons the firmware was updated.
Interesting, read the V3 article and he mainly compared it to the V1. I wonder how it compares to the V2. Also it looks the picture in the moons 23r v3 review is a picture of a V2 model?

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2024 at 8:57 PM Post #1,868 of 1,892
Interesting, read the V3 article and he mainly compared it to the V1. I wonder how it compares to the V2. Also it looks the picture in the moons 23r v3 review is a picture of a V2 model?

Yes, seems like they just used the V2 model as the pic. They probably couldn't get a pic of the V3 open.

Feb 15, 2024 at 5:58 AM Post #1,869 of 1,892
So I guess V1 owners shouldn’t even attempt to consider the upgrade to V3 since the cost would be prohibitive. I guess the resale value for the V1 just dropped by 50% also. Bummer.

Feb 15, 2024 at 2:07 PM Post #1,870 of 1,892
So I guess V1 owners shouldn’t even attempt to consider the upgrade to V3 since the cost would be prohibitive. I guess the resale value for the V1 just dropped by 50% also. Bummer.
From what I read of the v3 review, it seems the 6moons reviewer was an exception that Soo made... not quite fair, but I understand it isn't feasible to do that with everybody's V1.

Feb 15, 2024 at 3:27 PM Post #1,871 of 1,892
From what I read of the v3 review, it seems the 6moons reviewer was an exception that Soo made... not quite fair, but I understand it isn't feasible to do that with everybody's V1.

Unfortunately so, but then again no comparison was made between V2 and V3. The review for V2 was actually a translation from a German website and is an entirely different reviewer. The main reviewer just had the V1 which then became V3.

I suggest demoing a V3 and see how it is, and whether selling V2 or V1 to get a V3 is worth it. Do note V1 was sold at a lower MSRP.

I've only heard / own the V3 so I can't give and comparisons.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #1,872 of 1,892
Unfortunately so, but then again no comparison was made between V2 and V3. The review for V2 was actually a translation from a German website and is an entirely different reviewer. The main reviewer just had the V1 which then became V3.

I suggest demoing a V3 and see how it is, and whether selling V2 or V1 to get a V3 is worth it. Do note V1 was sold at a lower MSRP.

I've only heard / own the V3 so I can't give and comparisons.
Still interesting that they went to a smaller capacitor on the v3 compared to the v2 based off of the pictures on your post.

Feb 15, 2024 at 4:33 PM Post #1,873 of 1,892
Still interesting that they went to a smaller capacitor on the v3 compared to the v2 based off of the pictures on your post.

Capacitance doesn't mean anything unless you put it in the context of the design. The new section could be running at higher voltages thus lower cap required, those caps could have better specifications such as ESR.

Feb 16, 2024 at 4:39 AM Post #1,875 of 1,892
Just chanced upon this tread. The local Singapore dealer is a friend. He brought over the demo for a listening session last month with a few friends

Source is Melco N1ZH/2 EX, DAC is Briscasti M1 Classic with Black Cat Indigo USB, Graceline Level 2 RCA, Ultranova Mk 2 power cord and special project Okami speaker cables

What a special little amp! Tonality is very slightly warm with excellent technical performance. Yet the sound still speaks to my heart with fantastic dimensionality. The 25 watts drove the Devore speakers with authority

We thoroughly enjoyed the evening

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back