The New Enleum AMP-23R Amplifier (Successor to Bakoon AMP-13R) Thread
Jan 1, 2024 at 5:38 AM Post #1,831 of 1,892
I think you can find in this topic some criticism of 23R. Also I think there aren't still many reviews, they selected to who they want to send this. Also for me it was interesting that many people who had the Enelum sold it quite quickly. Maybe I'm wrong but I think that if you buy a great gear (and this is what reviewers tell you) you don't want to sell it.

Still I think it comes to what you like in the music. If you love midrage and you like more warmer sound then Enleum probably won't be for you. As I wrote a few times - it makes music lifeless for me on my setup at least. You have Envy so it's closer to my Cayin HA-300 - I love this amp and I think overal it's a better (and not this expensive) device then 23R. Enleum is a bit more resolving and has more punch in the mid bass (at least with stock tubes at Cayin) but I think it needs a specific DAC to try to fix it. But if you have Abyss 1266 TC then this can be better then Envy - for me Enleum and 1266 match better also for my colleague who at least tested 23R and Envy. Also probably Susvara will be great form the Enleum.

Also I think it's important if you are a headphone user only or you are also using speakers. If so then Enleum has here some advantages but I'm not sure if the better option isn't buying separate headphone and speaker amps in the price of 23R.

I really think that 23R is overpriced and has too much marketing in it (those mythical legs without a rubber at bottom...). It's good, looks great, now has a fantastic remote but it also has a problematic (at least for some) midrange and it's pot can cause an issues (like when you try to decrease sound volume it sometimes go up first and after like one second it goes down).

I would've sold mine after more then two months but I bought it for my work so selling it isn't so easy because of taxes.
Well I have had
I think you can find in this topic some criticism of 23R. Also I think there aren't still many reviews, they selected to who they want to send this. Also for me it was interesting that many people who had the Enelum sold it quite quickly. Maybe I'm wrong but I think that if you buy a great gear (and this is what reviewers tell you) you don't want to sell it.

Still I think it comes to what you like in the music. If you love midrage and you like more warmer sound then Enleum probably won't be for you. As I wrote a few times - it makes music lifeless for me on my setup at least. You have Envy so it's closer to my Cayin HA-300 - I love this amp and I think overal it's a better (and not this expensive) device then 23R. Enleum is a bit more resolving and has more punch in the mid bass (at least with stock tubes at Cayin) but I think it needs a specific DAC to try to fix it. But if you have Abyss 1266 TC then this can be better then Envy - for me Enleum and 1266 match better also for my colleague who at least tested 23R and Envy. Also probably Susvara will be great form the Enleum.

Also I think it's important if you are a headphone user only or you are also using speakers. If so then Enleum has here some advantages but I'm not sure if the better option isn't buying separate headphone and speaker amps in the price of 23R.

I really think that 23R is overpriced and has too much marketing in it (those mythical legs without a rubber at bottom...). It's good, looks great, now has a fantastic remote but it also has a problematic (at least for some) midrange and it's pot can cause an issues (like when you try to decrease sound volume it sometimes go up first and after like one second it goes down).

I would've sold mine after more then two months but I bought it for my work so selling it isn't so easy because of taxes.
Well I find quite the opposite I sold the cayin 300 b as it was lifeless and boring I have an Enleum now that makes that sound cheap ,it is an amazing amp that plays music properly unlike the cayin

Jan 1, 2024 at 5:55 AM Post #1,832 of 1,892
Im considering buying 13/23r only for Susvara (i will not use it for speakers).
Are there any reasons not getting an used 13r for half the price?
Also is the company Bakoon still around to fix the amp if it breaks?
Just get the Enleum ,I have had mine for over a year ,it's the best headphone amp I have ever heard and drives a high end speaker system to perfection ,I have been an audiophile for over 40 years and have had so many amps Enleum is a complete dream ,you Wil get lost in the music and forget everything

Jan 1, 2024 at 6:05 AM Post #1,833 of 1,892
Im considering buying 13/23r only for Susvara (i will not use it for speakers).
Are there any reasons not getting an used 13r for half the price?
@Pingisbord have you listen to Feliks Envy with Susvara? I would strongly recommend to have a demo unless for some reason you are looking strictly for solid state amp.

Jan 1, 2024 at 10:04 AM Post #1,834 of 1,892
@Pingisbord have you listen to Feliks Envy with Susvara? I would strongly recommend to have a demo unless for some reason you are looking strictly for solid state amp.
Is the Envy a step up in relation to 23r? Does it bring out the subbase in the Susvara? I was about to buy it for my dynamics but i changed path.
In Europe the cost of the 23r is almost the same as Envy and Envy looks and feels more premium.

Jan 1, 2024 at 10:16 AM Post #1,835 of 1,892
Is the Envy a step up in relation to 23r? Does it bring out the subbase in the Susvara? I was about to buy it for my dynamics but i changed path.
In Europe the cost of the 23r is almost the same as Envy and Envy looks and feels more premium.
@Pingisbord this is matter of personal taste and don't forget you have a selection of tubes including Elrogs when talking about Envy and tubes have large impact on final sound signature including dynamics. If you were considering it, you should try it before making any decision. The volume pot on Envy works perfectly contrary to some 23r but to be honest some customers have been reporting hum from Envy but AFAIK those cases have been handled by customer support.

Jan 1, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #1,836 of 1,892

With any tube amp, you have to keep rolling a bunch of tubes to get the best ones that give you everything. Stock Envy tubes would lose badly to a 23R in bass impact and physicality. Even the upgraded WE 300 B tubes can sometimes feel slightly less impactful than a 23R however, you get a better plankton, texture and tactility in midrange and treble instead

Jan 2, 2024 at 5:43 AM Post #1,837 of 1,892
With any tube amp, you have to keep rolling a bunch of tubes to get the best ones that give you everything. Stock Envy tubes would lose badly to a 23R in bass impact and physicality. Even the upgraded WE 300 B tubes can sometimes feel slightly less impactful than a 23R however, you get a better plankton, texture and tactility in midrange and treble instead
Thanks. That was my concerns. I am looking for bottom end physicality.

Jan 2, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #1,838 of 1,892
Well I find quite the opposite I sold the cayin 300 b as it was lifeless and boring I have an Enleum now that makes that sound cheap ,it is an amazing amp that plays music properly unlike the cayin
Well I don't know what to say about that. For once I would never say that HA-300 or 23R sounds cheap with or without comparison. I don't remember ever reading this type of opinion about Cayin either but everyone has their own ears and experience. There is also a subject of tubes.

I'm now testing Holo Audio Bliss and it also sounds for me better then the Enleum. Timbre is much better, it hits harder, mid range is not recedes and it has better instruments textures (yet I think that Cayin may be better with this still) and depth with layers. 23R feels more thin (which doeasn't have to be bad) in comparison, yet the bass may be more detiled (or not, Bliss is new, so it needs more burning in). It can be good in some instances, but I feel that Bliss will be much more used in the end.

Jan 2, 2024 at 1:14 PM Post #1,839 of 1,892
Cayin HA300-II and Enleum 23R, both definitely high level amps, but may synergise (really) differently. For instance, like ZMF Verite, Cayin has advantage by design (tube, and higher output impedance), while for DCA Expanse, Enleum with much more power at low impedance (20 ohm) will provide better control and accuracy.

For both ZMF Verite and DCA Expanse, Feliks Envy is a definite step up from both of amp above in term of technicalities (detail, soundstage, imaging). Personally, Envy also win in term of tuning, as provide more organic tone, but still "powerful" enough to produce lively attack notes. Envy come with higher price tag though.

That would be a tricky question. The "original" Bakoon Japan has changed name to Satri Circuit Lab, while Bakoon Korea, as we know, became Enleum.

Jan 2, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #1,840 of 1,892
I prefer Enleum, I didn’t like HA300 it could be 300B tubes, it was to bumy to me, maybe I didn’t spend enough time with it, but with Empyrean it sounded terrible.
Regarding Bliss to me they are on the same level, bit different e.g. bigger sound stage on Enleum etc. but difficult to compere one to one, as Enleum was connected via RCA and Bliss via XLR with different cables.

Jan 19, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #1,841 of 1,892
I just came back to the AMP23R after five months of using the Holo Bliss exclusively and I am astonished, I actually like the 23R better! The Bliss was fantastic, but the 23R has unmatched tonal richness, hits harder and follows every nuance of the music. The 23R was packed away awaiting sale but after being unable to find a reliable buyer at the asking price, I'm not going to renew the ad now. Makes me think, should I sell the Bliss 🤔

Jan 19, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #1,842 of 1,892
I just came back to the AMP23R after five months of using the Holo Bliss exclusively and I am astonished, I actually like the 23R better! The Bliss was fantastic, but the 23R has unmatched tonal richness, hits harder and follows every nuance of the music. The 23R was packed away awaiting sale but after being unable to find a reliable buyer at the asking price, I'm not going to renew the ad now. Makes me think, should I sell the Bliss 🤔
I have had more amps than I care to mention ,solid state and tube ,mono blocks etc ,Enleum is endgame for me ,no matter what else I try it always comes up trumps ,amazing headphone and speaker amp so a complete bargain 👍

Jan 19, 2024 at 8:39 PM Post #1,843 of 1,892
I have had more amps than I care to mention ,solid state and tube ,mono blocks etc ,Enleum is endgame for me ,no matter what else I try it always comes up trumps ,amazing headphone and speaker amp so a complete bargain 👍

I've been doing more listening back on the AMP-23R this morning, playing a lot of midrange centric tracks, Jazz based and find it wonderful, enjoying it more than my Bliss. I don't understand this idea that the AMP-23R has "no midrange". That's an extremely weird thing to say... the AMP-23R excels in the midrange. Using Focal Utopia '22 & Tambaqui @ 2V.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2024 at 3:02 AM Post #1,844 of 1,892
I've been doing more listening back on the AMP-23R this morning, playing a lot of midrange centric tracks, Jazz based and find it wonderful, enjoying it more than my Bliss. I don't understand this idea that the AMP-23R has "no midrange". That's an extremely weird thing to say... the AMP-23R excels in the midrange. Using Focal Utopia '22 & Tambaqui @ 2V.
The midrange is fantastic ,people must hear music differently ,I use Focal utopia also 2020 with Weiss Dac 204 with Ferrum Orr power supply ,my speakers are Buchardt s400 mk 2 and boy do they sound great with Enleum

Jan 20, 2024 at 3:47 AM Post #1,845 of 1,892
The midrange is fantastic ,people must hear music differently ,I use Focal utopia also 2020 with Weiss Dac 204 with Ferrum Orr power supply ,my speakers are Buchardt s400 mk 2 and boy do they sound great with Enleum

Its either people hear different, which I doubt (not to that extent), or more like there might be firmware issues with AXXX serial number amps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back