The New Enleum AMP-23R Amplifier (Successor to Bakoon AMP-13R) Thread
Sep 7, 2023 at 8:10 AM Post #1,772 of 1,892
Last edited:
Sep 7, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #1,774 of 1,892
I have dug the Sennheiser 580/600/650 and the 800 out of the Enleum, with the caveat that most of them have been JAR modded. Very atmospheric sounding, very well sorted. Maybe lacking a slight wow factor, but no major weaknesses. I would say it is a step behind the synergy I have found with the EC ZDS or the DNA Starlett for example, they just shine the best with tubes. But It is my favorite SS amp I have heard them on, beat out the DSHA 3F and the Holo Bliss in my experience.
I found the hd650's sounded better to my ears on high gain from the enleum. Sounded a little fuller and more rounded out than on low gain. What gain did you prefer with the Sennheisers?

Sep 8, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #1,775 of 1,892
I found the hd650's sounded better to my ears on high gain from the enleum. Sounded a little fuller and more rounded out than on low gain. What gain did you prefer with the Sennheisers?

I have to admit I didn't try high gain with them, will give it a whirl!

Sep 8, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #1,776 of 1,892
Anyone try the HD650 with the Enleum 23r? Curious to know how it synergizes with that headphone.
I really like how my hd650's sound with the 23r. The soundstage is tighter, but I hear enough difference to make for an engaging experience. That's in comparison to the hd800's. Buy you a nice cable to go with and I think you'll love them. Especially with the Enleum.

Sep 8, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #1,777 of 1,892
I really like how my hd650's sound with the 23r. The soundstage is tighter, but I hear enough difference to make for an engaging experience. That's in comparison to the hd800's. Buy you a nice cable to go with and I think you'll love them. Especially with the Enleum.
Yeah, just placed an order for an adapter so I could use one of my arctic cables with the hd650. I did like the hd650 on high gain but felt it was slightly more fatiguing than say the Susvara on high or the Utopia on low gain. But it was an interesting combination. The midrange on the HD650+23r had this density that the Sus and Utopia did not, but the treble/upper mids was slightly peaky. Wasn't bad at all though.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #1,780 of 1,892
Has anyone compared the 23R to the LTA MZ3?

I'm considering them for my Focal Utopia 2022.

The 23R is almost double the price of the MZ3, so perhaps not a very fair comparison, but I have heard they are similar in tonality.

Sep 18, 2023 at 12:49 AM Post #1,781 of 1,892
Oct 1, 2023 at 11:10 PM Post #1,783 of 1,892
I tried out the ENLEUM HPA-23RM yesterday and plan to buy one soon.😋
IMG_20231001_135654.jpg

Oct 4, 2023 at 11:45 PM Post #1,784 of 1,892
Heard this amp at CanJam and loved it, so I bought one. Did a bunch of A/B listening between it and the Holo Bliss and, while i heard the Bliss being better in soundstage and imaging, the tone on this thing, as well as the bass, was soul catching. Looking forward to listening with all of my headphones.

Oct 5, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #1,785 of 1,892
I have a problem with the low gain of my 23r. The left channel is louder than the right. I use a Stereophile test cd to check and although there is sound coming from both channels, the left side is louder than the right. On left the dog is close and fairly loud, then the dog on the right sounds distant and lower in volume. Switching over to high gain their both equally balanced.

In time the low gain will equalize but it's kind of frustrating to wait. The way it happens is like flipping a light switch. Suddenly the channels are both equal. Possibly it has something to do with how warm the unit is. Not sure. I've tried unplugging the unit before using it. That actually helped part of the time but doesn't seem too now. I also tried switching from low to high gain and reverse but that didn't help. I also tried unplugging the headphone, tried different hp's and made sure they were in good working order.
I have a couple of questions for those here. When turning the volume knob do you hear a single pop for each of the visible gain stops? I sometimes hear a couple more or less. I don't know if that's a left, right channel thing going on. I try to stop where all of the white shows in the small visible hole. The higher I turn the volume up the more clicks (pop's) at each step I hear. Turning it down and it's still the same. I only remember one click (pop) per gain stop when I first began using the amp.

I have spoken with Mr. Soo In Chae via email who asked me to send the 23r to their California address. He thought it was probably a hardware issue, would check it. From there it would have to be shipped to the South Korean factory for repair.
Being a tube guy, from experience a closely matched pair of tubes can make a difference. I don't see why there would be any difference concerning the channels of a ss amp. The closer they match the better the sound quality. So, it's kind of an issue with me. I would like to hear from any others that have gone through the process of sending their amp back for repair. Whether the issue was resolved in a timely manner and what were the associated costs? Especially the shipping costs from California to South Korea.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back