The New DAC Super Pro DAC707 USB
Mar 30, 2008 at 9:44 PM Post #31 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by CountChoculaBot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it true that if the DAC uses USB 1.0/1.1, it can only do 16/48, but that 2.0 can do 24/96? Then is this DAC's USB 1.1 or 2.0?

No, USB 1.1 supports 24/96 just fine and there are a couple of devices like the Edirol UA-1EX out there supporting it.

Cheers

Thomas

Dec 22, 2009 at 10:34 AM Post #32 of 34
I hate to resurrect a thread, but I just ordered one of these DACs so that I can bypass the noisy headphone out on my laptop. I'm not quite sure if I've made the right choice as I only did a brief amount of research before settling on this DAC as a cheap one with USB and optical as well. Have better DACS since been released at that price point? (I'm in Australia where it seems immensely difficult to find any of these things.)

As I have a choice of USB or optical input for the DAC, I was wondering technically which one would be the optimal connection? On the diykits page where I bought it at it mentions that the USB input uses I²S, which from the wikipedia entry on the same subject seems to suggest it has less jitter. To be honest, I have very little idea what any of this means - I'm a complete newcomer with DACs. If someone can help me that would be great!

Feb 11, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #34 of 34
Hello! I have the super pro dac (the purple version). 2 years ago I used this dac with windows xp with ASIO4ALL and foobar as player.
Now I installed the dac on a windows 7 pc and I would to use the wasapi exclusive mode, but after installed the foobar plugin, I can only select the wasapi mixed mode, I have no menu item to select the exclusive mode.

Someone know how to use this dac in wasapi exclusive mode?? Or, what kind of configuration do you use on windows 7 pc??

Thanks to all.

Max

Users who are viewing this thread

Back