the new cx 175 review . with cx 270 , cx 215 , cx 400 II , ue 350 and klipsch image s3 . should we go details ?
Jan 21, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #31 of 42
What a great thread ! Thanks Suman for all the hardwork and an ingenious analysis...I must say you have a great musical ear...Anyway your "thesis" has helped me to arrive to a decision...I finally settled for cx 175 , even though I wished for e10/30..But the last headphone experience that I had with Sennheiser HD 203 was bitter..It sounded awesome but died after 6/7 months..I was so sure that it would last forever, that I lost my bill and could not claim the warranty..So when I discovered that SoundMagic has got just a single store in Delhi (and moreover E10 seems to have gotten totally wiped out from market), I felt I should go for cx 175 as its easy to claim warranty from Sennheiser (and it has a 2 year warranty). I would have arrived to wrong conclusion if it was not for your indepth report.. I have ordered cx175 from grabmore.com as they were selling it just for 2200 something....
Thanx once again...

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #32 of 42
Quote:
What a great thread ! Thanks Suman for all the hardwork and an ingenious analysis...I must say you have a great musical ear...Anyway your "thesis" has helped me to arrive to a decision...I finally settled for cx 175 , even though I wished for e10/30..But the last headphone experience that I had with Sennheiser HD 203 was bitter..It sounded awesome but died after 6/7 months..I was so sure that it would last forever, that I lost my bill and could not claim the warranty..So when I discovered that SoundMagic has got just a single store in Delhi (and moreover E10 seems to have gotten totally wiped out from market), I felt I should go for cx 175 as its easy to claim warranty from Sennheiser (and it has a 2 year warranty). I would have arrived to wrong conclusion if it was not for your indepth report.. I have ordered cx175 from grabmore.com as they were selling it just for 2200 something....
Thanx once again...

there were better choices . but cx175 is not bad at all . enjoy your music man . have a nice time .

Jan 24, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #33 of 42
Bought the SoundMagic E10 on eBay , after reading the reviews and your post I couldn't help but wonder what I would have been missing out on, decided to sell me Senn CX 200 ii to my cousin.

I wanted to ask you about the durability on the E10's because I'm tired of all my earphones dying on me after 6 months. I mainly use my earphones at the gym 5 hours a week & never abuse them.

Cheers.

Jan 24, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #35 of 42
Quote:
Bought the SoundMagic E10 on eBay , after reading the reviews and your post I couldn't help but wonder what I would have been missing out on, decided to sell me Senn CX 200 ii to my cousin.

I wanted to ask you about the durability on the E10's because I'm tired of all my earphones dying on me after 6 months. I mainly use my earphones at the gym 5 hours a week & never abuse them.

Cheers.

my e10 came with internally braided cable and looks strong enough to take a few hits , most of the time its the stress on the cable to blame . for gym use , here are a few tips , go over ear ( if you dont know , search youtube ) it eliminate cable noise and gives a secure fit , put the cable under your clothes , make sure that the cable is not under stress . this will eliminate some hazardous incidents with the earphone .

cx200 ii lags in fast paced music , and skips a few frames to keep up with music as the decay is quite bad . bass dominats the music with laid back mids and highs . cx200 has inferior build , my e10 ( the new batch ) has better cable . e10 has metal shells .
and at music quality i will rate it over image s4 , if you feel your phone lacks bass , try different ear tips , i prefer sony hybrids or philips rubber tips .
       enjoy your e10 . have a good day .

Jan 25, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #36 of 42
Hi Suman....Anyways I have ordered CX 175 for Rs 2200...I could have gone for E10/30 if I there were some more service centers...Still, out of curiosity, what could you have recommended me under Rs 2200 because I am really tight on my budget and got this deal from grabmore.com(who, by the way are gigantic losers and the delivery is still pending..  ) Moreover I am a bit biased towards Sennhieser as I really loved my HD 203, you know, before it died sadly...

Jan 25, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #37 of 42
And BTW I totally agree and dig your PostScript saying "music is good , you just need to find the way to reach it . some gets it all , some gets it less . just take your ears where your signature meets ." Awesome!!!!

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #38 of 42
Quote:
Hi Suman....Anyways I have ordered CX 175 for Rs 2200...I could have gone for E10/30 if I there were some more service centers...Still, out of curiosity, what could you have recommended me under Rs 2200 because I am really tight on my budget and got this deal from grabmore.com(who, by the way are gigantic losers and the delivery is still pending..  ) Moreover I am a bit biased towards Sennhieser as I really loved my HD 203, you know, before it died sadly...

sennheiser got service but as far as i know , they wont replace your unit unless its a defective one . wont cover any thing else sadly , and most damages are manual , like too much stress on the cable , water damage , improper use and likes . it doesnt matter if they have service and i dont think service is a big deal , with earphones . the best option is e10 , has better control over bass bleed then most phones at this price range . i think you like bass , dont you , so try a sony xb30ex , got plenty of bass and okay clarity , par with the cx175 in sound quality but wont hit as hard as the cx . then may be the e30 , i dont like it much , it just dont have the treble spark , but has awesome control over bass and clearer mids . can you get the meelec m9 or m6 ? quite hard to find these days . best choice , e10 > e30 ( placed behind cuz it lacks bass energy and wont hit hard , lacks treble spark too , overall sq is a winner for many , sadly not for me ) xb30ex = m6 > m9 ( biggest bass phone in town ) = cx175 . if you ask me , " man , " pick one " , i will say " just go for the e10 " .

and thanks , you can see , my sig doesnt meet with e30 .

Jan 29, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #39 of 42
Thanz for your time you took in recommending me these awesome earphones....Sadly, I ordered CX 175 the very day I first read your indepth review...But I have read your reply to my friend, Madhup, who is going to buy an earphone and he was much obliged and impressed...
I am not that much into the bass as my core interest lies in symphony and orchestral music...I hope these earphone wont let me down in the enchanting world of Beethoven and Mozart.... Anyways thanks for your time and guidance...Its for sure that in future if anyone ask me for recommendations about earphones, I would direct him your way...One last question though. How much hours of burning is required for CX 175?
Good night....

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #40 of 42
Quote:
Thanz for your time you took in recommending me these awesome earphones....Sadly, I ordered CX 175 the very day I first read your indepth review...But I have read your reply to my friend, Madhup, who is going to buy an earphone and he was much obliged and impressed...
I am not that much into the bass as my core interest lies in symphony and orchestral music...I hope these earphone wont let me down in the enchanting world of Beethoven and Mozart.... Anyways thanks for your time and guidance...Its for sure that in future if anyone ask me for recommendations about earphones, I would direct him your way...One last question though. How much hours of burning is required for CX 175?
Good night....

cx175 as i have repeatedly said is a bit slow and the sig is bass dominated . i think image s3 will do better for you . i think 50 hrs of burn in is enough , enjoy your cx175 . good day .

Feb 5, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #41 of 42
Hey! Just want to thank you for recommending the E10's to me, I gotta say they are hands down the best earphones I've used. I've been using them for 3 days and I could swear it gets better the more you listen to them. :)  Exactly what I wanted
9XaRRCL.jpg

Feb 5, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #42 of 42
Quote:
Hey! Just want to thank you for recommending the E10's to me, I gotta say they are hands down the best earphones I've used. I've been using them for 3 days and I could swear it gets better the more you listen to them. :)  Exactly what I wanted
9XaRRCL.jpg

enjoy your music
beerchug.gif
. have a good time .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back