the new cx 175 review . with cx 270 , cx 215 , cx 400 II , ue 350 and klipsch image s3 . should we go details ?
Dec 27, 2012 at 7:31 AM Post #16 of 42
Quote:
Hai friends,
I am new to this forum. Very recently I bought a 'COWON iAudio E2' but the earphone supplied with this mp3 player is not up to the mark. So now I am searching a new pair of IME. After a little bit of research I have short listed Sennheiser CX 175 and Sony MDR XB41EX. Plz. suggest me which one will be better for an over all music listening experience. I prefer clear and crisp music with prominent bass of course not overpowering.

My budget is max. 3K. I am open to any other suggestion too. Plz. help me. I will have it soon.

Thanks & regards.
Subha.

between cx175 and xb41ex , i will go for xb41ex any day any time . a bit lesser bass then cx 175 but far more clear and nicer cable too . but under 3k my vote will go to cc51 , its just awesome , bass is not huge but for a BA its bassy . go for xb41ex if you can find it easily and cant find a cc51 . if bass matters most you can go for cx175 , ah-c260 , meelec m9 .

Jan 1, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #18 of 42
Bhai U Oriya..??? Just Recognized U From The Oriya Paper On Ur Table...!!! I'm From Cuttack.. Happy To Meet A Oriya At Such A Big Forum... BTW I'm Too A Mod Of A Big Android Forum...!!! :)

Jan 1, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #19 of 42
Bhai I Have A Question Too... I Recently Got A Sennheiser HD 280 Pro From Ebay(For My iPOD).. But I Was Not Satisfied With It(Because Of The Amount Of Sound It Produces, I Listen Them At High Volume Still I Feel Its Low), So Now I Decided To Buy An IEM... After Much Of Searching I Have Picked Some Of Them, They Are: Sony XB41EX, Klipsch S3 Image, Klipsch S4 Image, Sennheiser CX 400 II . Suman Bhai Can U Suggest which will Be The Best And Value For Money Among Them. I Prefer Crisp Sound With Heavy Bass(And More Sound). My Budget is around 2000-4000(Less Will Be Better).

Jan 1, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #20 of 42
Quote:
Bhai I Have A Question Too... I Recently Got A Sennheiser HD 280 Pro From Ebay(For My iPOD).. But I Was Not Satisfied With It(Because Of The Amount Of Sound It Produces, I Listen Them At High Volume Still I Feel Its Low), So Now I Decided To Buy An IEM... After Much Of Searching I Have Picked Some Of Them, They Are: Sony XB41EX, Klipsch S3 Image, Klipsch S4 Image, Sennheiser CX 400 II . Suman Bhai Can U Suggest which will Be The Best And Value For Money Among Them. I Prefer Crisp Sound With Heavy Bass(And More Sound). My Budget is around 2000-4000(Less Will Be Better).

boss , i think the best pick will be a xb41ex , image s3 isnt a bass phone at all , and image s4 is a bit harsh at top , cx 400 is a 5-6 years old phone and cant compete with the new ones . but bro , got to naaptol , and you can find soundmagic e10 at just Rs.1669 , its got plenty of bass , let me suggest you one thing , go to a sony store , try the xb41ex . xb41ex needs nearly 150 hrs of burn in to have a nice impact at lower end and has a bit of bass bleed . e10 is more precise in this case . in the budget side , we have the xb30ex , with plenty of bass , but some times feels a bit dry . i would have gone for soundmagic e10 , its got no problem with build at all , metal housing is awesome , xb41ex has a rubber stress reliever at the earphone end , which can ruin the phone if used roughly , and it wont be covered . you can try any sony phone at bbsr , bapuji nagar show room . sadly i aint at bbsr anymore . it was a short stay sadly . but i really liked oriya people .

Jan 2, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #21 of 42
Bhai What About Sound Magic e30...??? And Bhai U Trust Naaptol..??? After Reading So Many Fraud Cases From Naaptol I Never Trust Them, I Can Pay 200 Bucks More But Can Never Tolerate Fraud. These Sony XB41EX Is No Where Available Online Except Naaptol, But I Cant Trust Them. And These Morons at Sony World Are Selling Them At MRP i.e 2999 And Give No Discounts....!!!! This Sound Magic e10 is also no where available, What U Say Should I Go For Them Or Get The Sony XB41EX. Thanks For Ur Help.

Jan 2, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #22 of 42
Quote:
Bhai What About Sound Magic e30...??? And Bhai U Trust Naaptol..??? After Reading So Many Fraud Cases From Naaptol I Never Trust Them, I Can Pay 200 Bucks More But Can Never Tolerate Fraud. These Sony XB41EX Is No Where Available Online Except Naaptol, But I Cant Trust Them. And These Morons at Sony World Are Selling Them At MRP i.e 2999 And Give No Discounts....!!!! This Sound Magic e10 is also no where available, What U Say Should I Go For Them Or Get The Sony XB41EX. Thanks For Ur Help.

my e10 came from naaptol , and they are not bad , yes not as reliable as flipkart , or infibeam but you can trust them . availability can be a problem from online sellers , you need bass dont you ? then i think xb30ex will do good too , at 1699 from flipkart , its a good buy . and has plenty of bass too . not par with xb41ex or e10 in clarity or control but not bad .
        e30 got bass , but like xb41ex it has a bit of bass bleeding in to mids and bass quantity is not par with bass phones , the main trouble for me is , it lacks treble spark , and one possible trouble for you is its a over ear fit only . its not bad at all , mids are really clear with a nice sound stage and vocals got clarity too , but the cheap looks and feel puts me off . still then , i own two e30 . they are good but may not satisfy your bass needs . i would suggest , either go for the e10 , xb41ex or xb30ex . most preferred would be , the xb41ex from the priority store . but then its your money , and its you to decide .

Jan 2, 2013 at 4:26 AM Post #24 of 42
sadly , at delhi . it was a awesome stay at bbsr , far more peaceful .

Jan 3, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #25 of 42
Bhai Just Ordered a Sound Magic e10 At Rs.1600 From Dailyobjects.com ...!!! Thanks For Ur Help And Suggestions, Btw After XB41EX I Really Like The Design Of e10... Awesome Looks(Black And Red One)...!!! Hope Its Better.. Will Let U Know After I Get Them.... And Bhai Can U Tell Me How Much Burn Hours Did The Sennheiser HD 280 Pro Need To Show Its True Potential..??? And What U Think Are Those Good Headphones...????

Jan 3, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #26 of 42
     280 was my first over 6k headphone , it was not that awesome , just par , lacks a bit of definition , but not bad at all , bass was good for me , not bass heavy though like a hd 202 , mids were good , there is a good instrument separation and vocals are clear too , highs were sharp , the sig is a bit of fatiguing , kind of natural sounding phone , not a bad choice . give it some 150 hrs burn in , it will be fine . see if you can get a head amp to get the best out of it . dont worry , hd280 are nice phones . you just need a nice source .
    E10 is a better value then xb41ex at mrp , wise choice . E10 wont disappoint you .

Jan 19, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #27 of 42
Greetings from Australia,

I was wondering which you would recommend for a trance junky. The Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser CX 300 II, Meelectronics M6 or M9. Just to give you an idea of what i prefer, I love thumping bass without sacrificing the clear & crisp sound.

Also had the Senn CX 270 but both of which died in the 5-7 month mark including the CX 300 II. I'm leaning more towards the Meelectronics M6. The reason I picked these earphones is because I can get all of these in the 17 to 25 AUD price range.

Much Appreciated, Cheers

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #28 of 42
Quote:
Greetings from Australia,

I was wondering which you would recommend for a trance junky. The Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser CX 300 II, Meelectronics M6 or M9. Just to give you an idea of what i prefer, I love thumping bass without sacrificing the clear & crisp sound.

Also had the Senn CX 270 but both of which died in the 5-7 month mark including the CX 300 II. I'm leaning more towards the Meelectronics M6. The reason I picked these earphones is because I can get all of these in the 17 to 25 AUD price range.

Much Appreciated, Cheers

try if you can get a soundmagic e10 , its not priced over $30 and is far better then anything you have mentioned . and out of these , yes m6 is the best , better then cx300 II and cleaner then m9 , but the bass impact of m9 is humongous . keep in mind that m6 come with internal cable guides (  i have removed them ) and is strictly a over ear wear .
       out of these you can get any , but i prefer ue500/400 > e10 > m6 > xb30ex > m9 .
       sony hybrid tips on m6 and e10 , sennheiser tips on m9 . philips tips on ue500/400 .

Jan 20, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #29 of 42
Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately I already bought the Sennheiser CX 200 II for 20 AUD.

I'll definitely make sure to get the Soundmagic E10 for my next pair of IEM's, cheapest I could find on Ebay is for 40 AUD which is also the price of the Klipsch S4 which everyone's been raving about. If you've tried the Klipsch S4 which one in your opinion would be the better pair? otherwise thanks for helping a brother out. :)

Jan 20, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #30 of 42
Quote:
Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately I already bought the Sennheiser CX 200 II for 20 AUD.

I'll definitely make sure to get the Soundmagic E10 for my next pair of IEM's, cheapest I could find on Ebay is for 40 AUD which is also the price of the Klipsch S4 which everyone's been raving about. If you've tried the Klipsch S4 which one in your opinion would be the better pair? otherwise thanks for helping a brother out. :)

s4 is good but i wont rate it over the e10 , in here , s4 is $65 and e10 is just $28 . but even at the same price point s4 has a better package ( a hard case ) , e10 has better sound quality , and if sibilance irritates you , s4 is not for you . cx200 is not fast enough for trance music but enjoy your music , have a nice listen . good day .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back