The new Balanced Ultra Desktop!
Mar 26, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #32 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by dolstein /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What kind of volume pot is used for the ultra desktop amp? Is there going to be a stepped attenuator option?

Hello,

We're using the excellent Swiss Alps 'Blue Velvet' pot in all HR Desktop products.

The stepped attenuator volume pot option has been discontinued for HeadRoom amps.

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Mar 26, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #33 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by JorgeC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,

We're using the excellent Swiss Alps 'Blue Velvet' pot in all HR Desktop products.

The stepped attenuator volume pot option has been discontinued for HeadRoom amps.

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Are there any other upgrade options? What about the Alps RK50?

Mar 26, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #34 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by JorgeC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Just a quick, off-topic question, is this the same or different pot than the one used in the Micro and Ultra Micro?

Mar 26, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #35 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a quick, off-topic question, is this the same or different pot than the one used in the Micro and Ultra Micro?

No, it's the one we use in the desktop line. The RK50 won't fit in there.

Mar 27, 2009 at 7:29 AM Post #36 of 55
Very interesting! I guess there wont be any trade options for a non-balanced ultra desktop with stepped attenuator?
Luckily I will already have the dsp, if it hasnt changed in the last year.
I hope that dollar keeps fallingj! Vat is really irritating though, at least 20% which really adds to the price for international customers.
Greetings, Anouk,

Mar 28, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #42 of 55
my bank account is crying. 800's and now this... STOP TEMPTING ME!!!!

Mar 28, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #43 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by esien /img/forum/go_quote.gif
may i ask why?

It was quite expensive and labor intensive. Also, a lot of folks will give up a tiny bit of audio quality for the ergonomics ease of a continually variable pot --- me for one. So they didn't sell enough to support the difficulty.

Apr 17, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #44 of 55
just order mine last night... Looking forward to this
smily_headphones1.gif

May 3, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #45 of 55
Hi folks. I have a question for either George or Tyll. Can we have the user manuals for the Balanced Ultra Amp and Balanced Ultra DAC posted to their respective product pages and the HR Amp manuals page when they are ready?

Oh, and a second question comes to mind: Are the Balanced Ultras both really 5.5'' in height? On the product pages it made some comment about managing to fit the max modules into the Desktop form factor, but 5.5'' sounds like there's a new enclosure for the Balanced Desktop models.

Thanks and Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back