The new Bakoon HPA-01M portable amp
Mar 17, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #31 of 42
  Have you read the last paragraph of the HFN review?
wink.gif

oh cool! yet not sure if he will update the review itself or just add in a new section :p 

Mar 18, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #32 of 42
I cant bring my self to pull the trigger on this baby. the price is twice as much as any other piece of equipment I own.
I would love to see this amp wind up on Massdrop.
Who's with me?

https://www.massdrop.com/vote/high-end-headphone-amplifier-solid-state

Mar 18, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #33 of 42
  I cant bring my self to pull the trigger on this baby. the price is twice as much as any other piece of equipment I own.
I would love to see this amp wind up on Massdrop.
Who's with me?

https://www.massdrop.com/vote/high-end-headphone-amplifier-solid-state

i am with you man, but can i use this on the desktop like for hours? with it being plugged ofc,  how does it sound with while being charged? the same?

not planing to use it as  portable at all so i don't care if my method / usage will bring the portability time down.

if it will sound the same plugged, the be my guest, i am planing to use it with my Hugo.

i did already sign up in the mass drop site, and voted for this epic amp ^^ 

Mar 18, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #35 of 42
It can't be used whilst loading. It lasts for about 8 hours on a full charge

still not bad, i am eyeing this amp, or might go with the WA7 + EH tubes before it, but this one is definitely on my wish list. 

Apr 9, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #37 of 42
Have anyone compared the voltage output on this one with other portable amps (Cypher Labs Duet)? I have read one review saying dynamic headphones can either go to HPA-01m or Duet which make me curious about these two sonic difference with dynamic headphones

I don't have any planar magnetic headphones and have no intention of buying those for awhile, so I might not be using(and benefited from) the current output much...

Actually, No need to be a comparison with Duet, just a comparison of HPA-01m's voltage mode with any other hi-end portable amps is awesome (I really don't have time to audition them...).

Thanks in advance for any helps! 
smile.gif

May 18, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #39 of 42

Tried the Bakoon today.  No way is it good enough to drive the X.

For IEMs, save for that little hiss, it sounds very satisfying though.

Jun 22, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #41 of 42
I'm enjoying a lot the sound performance of the HPA-01M, the synergy with my Audeze EL-8 it is something remarkable, clean, fast transients and very very musical. Just to make a note, with the EL-8 (open) I like better the pairing with the Bakoon even than my Violectric V100 desktop amplifier, sometimes is not all about power...the best portable amplifier with planar for sure, from my point of view.

There's another can that truly sings with the Bakoon, and this is the Master&Dynamic MH40, in general I prefer the "current" output with planar and also with low impedance dynamic driver headphones, it sounds more linear and precise to my ears, and neutral but in a good musical way, if the synergy is good the sound is completely addictive...

Oct 20, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #42 of 42
Aside from the Hugo and Mojo (because I'm already aware of those), are there any other suggestions for a DAC pairing for the HPA-01M? I'm not really interested in a DAP as I already have a transport. Currently I'm taking the headphone output from a Resonessence Concero HP directly into the Bakoon but I'm wondering how much better something else might be. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back