The new Audio Technica ATH-PRO7X
Mar 31, 2018 at 2:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

zloxious

Head-Fier
I saw them on the AT website. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find any reviews or opinions about them anywhere. And they are already in amazon and other places for sale.In the 200$ price range. I like how they looks. Portable ..minimalistic style. I like them. So if anyone have any info about the sound quality I will be happy to hear about it :)

audio-technica-ath-pro7x-dj-headphones-1024x856.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2018 at 11:12 PM Post #4 of 20
HI Zioxious,

I will echo Serman005, you will be good without amp, unless something has higher than 100 ohms, you generally don't need an amp but keep in mind there are other factors which affect how loud a headphone can be.
Sensitivity is usually the next one to look at as well.
Though unless you can demo, you won't know whether the sound is to your liking.
The last thing I will add is tuning plays a part in sound quality more than people tend to realise or figure.
Hope you enjoy them.

Apr 1, 2018 at 3:25 AM Post #5 of 20
The problem is, I can't decide between V-moda XS and these.. For V-moda I pretty much know what to expect. There are tons of reviews, durable comfortable but not the best sound. While there are zero info about ath-pro7x ..and I really wanted to know how they sounds before i make the decision.

Apr 2, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #7 of 20
Yea..no demo yet. So im gonna make a blind purchase without any info in advance. Gonna wait till 8th of april and order ath-pro7x. They have bigger drives than V-moda ones..so probably deeper bass. I suppose i will have to wait and see by myself.

Apr 3, 2018 at 2:10 AM Post #9 of 20
Hi Zioxious,

Just a suggestion, I would wait till there was a demo possible especially if you're unsure, personally I find it tricky to buy blind unless I'm willing to risk something's potential worth to me but that's just me.
Otherwise, since the MSR 7 has come down a lot, I would suggest those for good bass response.

Just one thing, driver size doesn't necessarily indicate how good bass reponse is going to be.
Before anything else, source quality is important, followed by how much actual bass is in a song, impedence, frequency response, sensitivity but the most difficult to judge as this tends to be personal & subjective, tuning.

Overall, when all said & done, in this case especially, it comes down to how a headphone is tuned, so I would suggest not judging by driver size alone.
Quality Source Matters.

As a final word, as said, if you're set on this, go ahead, be interested to hear how you go either way but in the end it's your choice.

Apr 3, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #10 of 20
I am living in a poor country in east europe..so demo option wont be available. May be only in the capital city which is like 550km away from me. I dont insist to buy exactly these..but trust me..I am reading reviews from one week every day and I still cant find a portable headphone with good sound quality. May be only beyerdynamic DT1350 .. but having thin non-detachable cables and glued earpads is just not good for me.

Apr 4, 2018 at 4:12 AM Post #11 of 20
Hi Zloxious,

I understand completely, that makes it a little complicated.
As said, for a headphone with good sound quality though might push your budget would be MSR 7, I have the MSR 7 myself so there is no problem with good sound, not to mention if reviews are helpful to you, there are plenty of those around.
If you need any more help, let me know.

Apr 4, 2018 at 5:10 AM Post #12 of 20
Why should I push my budget?.. MSR 7 costs less than PRO7X :) Actually my budget is 300$-400$ max.. Ok.. gonna check some reviews about MSR7 .. i saw them before just thought they were a little too big for an on ear.. but I might be wrong.

Apr 4, 2018 at 5:23 AM Post #13 of 20
Hi Zioxious,

Apologies, forgot to amend my reply, forgot in Euros, MSR 7 more than likely is cheaper.
Fit is not an issue, for headphones, generally over ear is better than on ear.

Sep 10, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #15 of 20
Nope..since I dint have any info and didnt have a chance to hear them.. I went to the closest big city to check and buy whatewer portable ones I could test..and somehow ended up buying Shure1540 ..which is not portable..and Im still looking for a portable one :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back