The negatives of all of your headphones
Jan 26, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #76 of 116
Hmm, this is kind of hard. I've tried to comment as though there's a "for the price" comparison. So, when I say X lack clarity, I don't mean "lacks clarity relative to $1000 headphones designed specifically for uber-clarity." Anyway...

Denon D1001: Doesn't do classical well. Not very lively. Lack of detail on the higher notes.

Sennheiser HD25: Uncomfortable for some, definitely less comfy than D1001. Both velour and pleather pads warm ears fast. Small soundstage.

Etymotic ER-6i: Lack of bass, very noticeable while listening to faster varieties of rock music.

Denon C551: Stock silicon sleeves suck. Short/extension cable might be annoying for some. Bass is sometimes fluffy. Muddy, I think, is the word.

AKG K26P/414P: Boomy bass.

Sennheiser HD201: Uncomfortable, lacks bass.

Koss KSC75: Too bright for my tastes. Ugly. Clips might be annoying, though adjustable.

Sennheiser CX300: Boomy bass. Super microphonic.

Jan 26, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #78 of 116
Sennheiser HD 280 Pro - They break and are rather boring
Sennheiser CX 400 - Midrange is poor
Ultrasone HFI 680 - Something missing in the upper midrange

Jan 26, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #79 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by CompressionalFlagellation /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's up with all these "HD650s having boring, low SQ" comments?

seriously.

what's up with the absurdly long user name that f's up the allignment of all the avatars? geeze....
biggrin.gif

Jan 26, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #80 of 116
but yeah, I agree, if you think the HD650 sucks, it's just cause you haven't heard it balanced out of something huge and expensive
biggrin.gif
I admit though, I don't much care for it otherwise...

Jan 26, 2009 at 5:20 AM Post #81 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what's up with the absurdly long user name that f's up the allignment of all the avatars? geeze....
biggrin.gif

should I have gone with C*NTWHISTLE? It's one letter shorter than your name. hmmm, oh well...too late now.
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 26, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #82 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but yeah, I agree, if you think the HD650 sucks, it's just cause you haven't heard it balanced out of something huge and expensive
biggrin.gif
I admit though, I don't much care for it otherwise...

I'm using it with one of the worst setups (straight out of my creative sound card...which ironically, from what I understand, destroys the sound), and think it's sounding impressive, although a little bass weak -- i'm hoping an amp will fix this though.

when you say something huge and expensive, what exactly are you referring to, equipment wise? do you think a xonar or HT omega would help the SQ compare to my xfi?

Damnit, my hd650 can't sound boring!!! I now own it, so this just can't be.

Jan 26, 2009 at 7:10 AM Post #83 of 116
q-Jays: Has a weird sized sound tube, doesn't bit anything from other brands except comply and Klipsch, wished it was a bit warmer, and wished the cable system was a bit better.

Se530: Totally ignored and put down due to hype of Westone 3

ok, i'm tired.i give up...lol can't be bothered to finish...

Jan 26, 2009 at 7:29 AM Post #85 of 116
The key thing for me is not to listen to any one pair of headphones for long enough to start focusing on the negatives. It's all about positive energy for me and I don't mean that in a hippie kind of way. If I'm in the mood for bass monsters, I'll grab the PS-1. If I'm wanting PRaT for the music I've selected, I'll grab the L3000. For a laid back presentation, the HD600. For exacting detail to emphasize female vocals, the Qualia 010. On and on... that way, I'm almost never frustrated when listening to headphones. If the pair I grabbed isn't doing it for me, I'll switch to another or change the music. So I honestly don't really know that I accurately could describe the negatives of most of my headphones.

Jan 26, 2009 at 8:46 AM Post #87 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by CompressionalFlagellation /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm using it with one of the worst setups (straight out of my creative sound card...which ironically, from what I understand, destroys the sound), and think it's sounding impressive, although a little bass weak -- i'm hoping an amp will fix this though.

Not trying to offend, but why would you get some badass headphones and not get an amp?

Jan 26, 2009 at 10:07 AM Post #88 of 116
Too perfect...i miss the colored sound.
biggrin.gif

on a more serious note, i cant carry it to any room because it needs the desktop amp.

so i miss my HD555 here..which i cud just plug into the Television headphone jack

Jan 26, 2009 at 2:01 PM Post #89 of 116
My D5000s offer no isolation whatsoever. For all that they block outside noise, they might as well be open. Anyone who really wants closed headphones should look elsewhere!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back