The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone surround sound)
Oct 23, 2020 at 1:35 AM Post #4,096 of 4,136
I got my Topping E30 and L30, and the combination is insanely good, really enjoying the body of sound i'm getting through the HE-4XX now despite having had them for so long.

I bought the Dolby Atmos licence through Dolby Access, and don't hear any change at all with it enabled, unless I am watching trailers through the Dolby Access platform, and honestly they sound pretty horrid. Should I only expect Dolby Atmos for Headphones to be having an effect when using an application that will interact with it?

Oct 23, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #4,097 of 4,136
I bought the Dolby Atmos licence through Dolby Access, and don't hear any change at all with it enabled, unless I am watching trailers through the Dolby Access platform, and honestly they sound pretty horrid. Should I only expect Dolby Atmos for Headphones to be having an effect when using an application that will interact with it?
Any multi-channel app that doesn't use the GetMixFormat API, or has explicit speaker layout settings, should work. Spatial sound has no effect on 2-channel streams.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2020 at 7:34 AM Post #4,100 of 4,136
Thought I'd ask here as well as in MLE's thread:

Just found the "Sound Blaster Command" software got recently updated to include the G6, while the "Sound Blaster Connect" software is well over a year old.

Does anyone use "Command" instead of "Connect" for their G6?
And does it also allow VSS to pass through via the optical out?

https://support.creative.com/produc...me=external+sound+cards&catname=Sound+Blaster

Las

Dec 2, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #4,102 of 4,136
Hey guys, will the combo of the FiiO BTR3K and the Takstar GM200 + Dolby Atmos for Headphones provide great audio for games and movies?
The hardware is irrelevant. Atmos for Headphones is a software product.

Dec 2, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #4,103 of 4,136
The hardware is irrelevant. Atmos for Headphones is a software product.

My current setup is CoolerMaster MH670 with Dolby Atmos for Headphones and it's great. But I also want to have a wired setup. I read a lot of great feedback about the Takstar GM200, but I also read a lot of users saying it'll really shine if paired with a good amp/dac. I'm choosing between the BTR3K and the Sound blaster X3. And I'm hoping that it'll support the Dolby Atmos for Headphones spatial sound because I just bought it from MS Store.

Dec 3, 2020 at 3:09 AM Post #4,104 of 4,136
My current setup is CoolerMaster MH670 with Dolby Atmos for Headphones and it's great. But I also want to have a wired setup. I read a lot of great feedback about the Takstar GM200, but I also read a lot of users saying it'll really shine if paired with a good amp/dac. I'm choosing between the BTR3K and the Sound blaster X3. And I'm hoping that it'll support the Dolby Atmos for Headphones spatial sound because I just bought it from MS Store.
Spatial Sound will work up to 24-bit 48 kHz. If the devices does not support this format (or lower), Spatial Sound won't work.

Dec 3, 2020 at 5:49 AM Post #4,106 of 4,136
There's no point in buying a DAC or AMP unless your motherboard is defective or your headphones are hard to drive.

Dec 20, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #4,107 of 4,136
So I just ordered a pair of ad900x and a mod mic uni. I have an astro mixamp that I use with my xbox but what do you recommend for the PC? Should the mixamp be fine or would I want an external soundcard?

Dec 20, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #4,108 of 4,136
So I just ordered a pair of ad900x and a mod mic uni. I have an Astro Mix-amp that I use with my xBox but what do you recommend for the PC? Should the mix-amp be fine or would I want an external soundcard?
Mix-amps are fine for gaming consoles, but for a PC, a sound card is usually better.
Maybe find a good deal on a used AE-5 or G5 or G6.

Jan 6, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #4,110 of 4,136
looking to get some help with what to buy...with one caveat...

many years ago i went from a pair of crappy turtle beach p11 to logitech g933 and i was completely blown away. after a while i started thinking how much futher i could take this and dropped 500 (at the time) on a pair of steel series siberia 840 and i was expecting the same reaction but was a little dissappointed when i felt like the logitechs sounded better...especially when it came to the surrond sound.

i recently purchased a pair of audeze penrose and was expecting them to be better again but im not really hearing any difference between the siberia 840...and i have also bought 3 different things to try get that 3d audio...the 2 windows 10 ones (dolby and dts) and also wavesnx...but im still not happy.

im now considering selling the penrose and going to a pair of steel series arctis pro

am i never going to experience that initial "wow" when i moved from turtle beach p11 to logitech g933?

caveat:
- want wireless (2.4ghz rather than bluetooth)

nice to have:
dual wireless connectivity (2.4 to pc and bluetooth to phone)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back