The must-try "benchmark" CD! [link and details inside]
Nov 27, 2006 at 12:29 AM Post #76 of 256
Wow, I never knew this would become more popular. If there are people that are really anal about perfect copies and .WAV and donig their own compression I'll burn off some copies and mail them out to some contributing members in different areas of the world so that at the next meet everyone can try this CD. I'll say it again that I don't want to hear about piracy issues because there is not one sign of a copyright on this CD and the Ultrasone representative told us it was okay to share it.

[size=large](see op for EDIT)[/size]

Nov 27, 2006 at 1:02 AM Post #77 of 256
wicked. I just downloaded it, it sounds awesome!

P.S. generous initiative.

Nov 27, 2006 at 10:59 AM Post #78 of 256
Cool! Thanks!!
smily_headphones1.gif
Listening now. Holy cow, the first track, a little fat clarinet player must have sneaked into my room
biggrin.gif

Is the Stax CD somewhere to be found?

Nov 27, 2006 at 11:39 AM Post #79 of 256
Many damed good tracks inside.... The fireworks track and track 7 is
basshead.gif

Nov 27, 2006 at 5:55 PM Post #80 of 256
Wow!!! This CD is amazing! And I'm only listening to it with my Sony CE595 > Receiver > Senn HD595, with no headphone amp. Can't wait to hear this again when I get the LDM+. Thanks for uploading CD.

Nov 28, 2006 at 1:12 AM Post #81 of 256
HOLY SH!T!!!!!

damn this CD is amazing! i downloaded it yesterday and was immediately blown away when i finally figured out the sounds im hearing when i had my headphones on was actually the intro to track 1...i actually thought they were outside noises instead of coming fro my cans.

i also tested it on my ICE (SPL Setup).... the effects aint as "involving" as listening to it on my cans but still sounded so good on my setup. never knew my car tuning would be any good for anything other than metal
biggrin.gif

HOLY SH!T!!!!!

thanks alot for sharing.

Nov 28, 2006 at 2:14 AM Post #82 of 256
Quote:

Originally Posted by mADmAN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HOLY SH!T!!!!!

damn this CD is amazing! i downloaded it yesterday and was immediately blown away when i finally figured out the sounds im hearing when i had my headphones on was actually the intro to track 1...i actually thought they were outside noises instead of coming fro my cans.

i also tested it on my ICE (SPL Setup).... the effects aint as "involving" as listening to it on my cans but still sounded so good on my setup. never knew my car tuning would be any good for anything other than metal
biggrin.gif

HOLY SH!T!!!!!

thanks alot for sharing.

yo man
thanks for quote it in lyn
it simply cool

i luve the sea wave track6
orphsmile.gif

Nov 28, 2006 at 11:48 PM Post #83 of 256
I can totally agree with thinking that the noises were coming from outside of my headphones. I was sat here at home alone and kept looking around to see who was walking into the room because someone else must've been making those noises!!

What a great CD. If only every CD was recorded/mastered as well as this!

Nov 28, 2006 at 11:56 PM Post #84 of 256
Quote:

Originally Posted by m_memmory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If only every CD was recorded/mastered as well as this!

...you would get a big headache listening to your music
340smile.gif

Nov 29, 2006 at 12:47 AM Post #85 of 256
Quote:

Originally Posted by calaf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...you would get a big headache listening to your music
340smile.gif

Most likely..

But I'd have a huge smile on my face and my ears would be eargasiming all the time
rs1smile.gif

Dec 4, 2006 at 8:31 AM Post #87 of 256
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyvn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sigh. Why must everyone use FLAC instead of ALAC? oh well. Looking forward to it, and chalk me up as someone who's having NO problem downloading it, even though I think Megaupload would've been faster. I'm using Camino on OS X, if any other Mac users were having problems downloading.

doesn't itunes resample audio from all inputs anyways?

itunes basically kills the benefits of using ALAC

Dec 4, 2006 at 8:45 AM Post #88 of 256
Why ever... ?
I prefer ALAC myself, yet it was no problem to convert. Let's rarther be happy we have access to it in a lossless codec so there is neither lossy compression not the burden of an AIFF download.
wink.gif

Dec 4, 2006 at 9:32 AM Post #89 of 256
Its on the way down. Looking forward to this......

Was this an EAC rip? 10/10 for using FLAC

Man, hurry up......

Dec 4, 2006 at 8:05 PM Post #90 of 256
Listening now. Really cool. Some of it seems binaural, other stuff just seems incredibly well recorded using more traditional methods. Is there any way to see what the track names are? I like the classical stuff thats on here. Anyway to get the full CD's of it?

Also, maybe its just the insane quality of the recordings, but my RS-1's have made everything Ive listened to on the disc so far very engaging, detailed, textured, and full, with lots of presence. Love my RS-1's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back