The must-try "benchmark" CD! [link and details inside]
Nov 18, 2006 at 8:03 PM Post #61 of 256
Brilliant CD. Thank you for posting. Took me a little while to get it tagged though. Im very anal about my tags.

As for the FLAC/ALAC thing. All else aside, its much easier to convert FLAC into another format shoudl you prefer to. To convert ALAC to FLAC si slightly trickier and takes longer. FLAC is a good standard lossless format also because unlike ALAC, it isnt owned by someone who might complain about its use.

Nov 18, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #62 of 256
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok just finished, and wow! This is amazing
redface.gif

Anyone know a method to burn flac into a cd? I do most of my listening thru a PCDP

If you haven't succeeded in burning it into a audio cd yet, try Burrrn.
It's free, fast, small, easy and supports a lot of audio file formats.

http://www.burrrn.net

Nov 19, 2006 at 3:35 AM Post #63 of 256
Holy christ this CD kicks ass...
340smile.gif

Nov 19, 2006 at 4:12 PM Post #67 of 256
how have people tagged this album? just looking at the back of the box, i'm unsure of what's a title, what's an artist, what i'd put in the album tag, etc.

Nov 20, 2006 at 2:10 AM Post #68 of 256
Not bad. I'm getting a lot of overloading onsome tracks. This is a bit disapointing (even if free
lambda.gif
). I have a hard time understanding why or how a company could use flawed demos even if they are great otherwise.

On a side note, there is a distinctive 19K carrier on the first track.
biggrin.gif

Nov 23, 2006 at 8:02 AM Post #71 of 256
I sometimes use track 6, "Wellen am Sandstrand" for testing.

When the realism of the water, birds and the jet passing by is high enough, close your eyes and imagine you're lying on a beach.

Shining a bright halogen light directly at your closed eyes also helps.
wink.gif

Nov 23, 2006 at 9:39 AM Post #73 of 256
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Brilliant CD. Thank you for posting. Took me a little while to get it tagged though. Im very anal about my tags.

As for the FLAC/ALAC thing. All else aside, its much easier to convert FLAC into another format shoudl you prefer to. To convert ALAC to FLAC si slightly trickier and takes longer. FLAC is a good standard lossless format also because unlike ALAC, it isnt owned by someone who might complain about its use.

Wanna upload your tagged version?

I'm pretty anal about my tags too. But I'm also lazy...

And impatient.. so hurry up!

Nov 23, 2006 at 11:25 AM Post #74 of 256
Downloading it right now. I can't wait to hear it in the morning. I remember listenening to the stax test cd a while back and loving it.

Nov 23, 2006 at 6:13 PM Post #75 of 256
Thank you for this CD!

Track 9 is great, I'm now interested in Handel
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back