The most overrated female vocalists
Oct 14, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #61 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Celine Dion sucks. Jessica Simpson sucks. Brittney Spears sucks. Christina Aguilera does have vocal chops but I find her style extremely annoying.

Fun Fact: Spears can't actually sing. Her voice is pitch corrected by computers and here comes the big shocker
popcorn.gif
she lip syncs too.

I do love Christina Aguilera's voice, but not her music. I'm waitin for the day when she gets too old to do "popular" music and starts singin gospel.

Oct 26, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #63 of 107
Katie Manure (Melua) just makes me want to vomit most of the time.

I'm surprised Nelly Furtado hasn't been mentioned yet, can't sing full stop...

Oct 27, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #64 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by ISALULA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kate BUSH

Them's fightin' words. :)

And the Mary Black comment. I would agree that her most recent "country-eque" albums really don't do it for me, but man did she have a set of vocal cords when she was young.

As for overarrated, just about every female artist that came out of either Nick or the Disney Channels. Not so much that they're bad as much as they all sound exactly the same (which is boorrrrinngg).

Oct 27, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #65 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by mgrewe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do love Christina Aguilera's voice, but not her music. I'm waitin for the day when she gets too old to do "popular" music and starts singin gospel.

I dont. She sounds great in film clips, but not so much live. She sounds like one of those people who practise long notes all day without actually playing any music: she embellishes way too much and it sounds awful.

Oct 27, 2009 at 8:40 AM Post #66 of 107
I'm also nominating Feist whilst I'm thinking about it - 1,2,3,4 might have sold a shed load of iPods; but it doesn't mean she can sing!

Oct 27, 2009 at 10:11 AM Post #67 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by dishkyun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Britney Spears, Lady Gaga & Jessica Simpson.

Quote:

Originally Posted by miloxo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lady gaga
ph34r.gif

i'd have to disagree, she's a good singer singing bad pop music. look for her live stuff, acoustic ballads, there was a leaked song that was written for someone else that was really good. (GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND)

Oct 27, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #68 of 107
Can't believe someone said Kate Bush
very_evil_smiley.gif

I only really hate female singers that try to use a kind of "whispery air" at the end of a word/lyric etc and prolong it. Anyone can do that, there's no power there, it just sounds utterly annoying.. stop it, stop it, stop it!!

Oct 27, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #70 of 107
Diana Krall is alright, I wouldnt call her overrated and put her in the same list as Miley Cyrus. Britney spears, Celiene Dion, Gwen Stefani and gang, thats very unfair and she is definitely better than that.

Oct 28, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #71 of 107
Norah Jones (she should try more genres)

Mariah Carey

Celine Dion

Oct 28, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #73 of 107
I'm also going to add Cheryl Cole from Girls Aloud to the pile.

If live outside of the UK I'll explain why, she's a judge on the talent show 'X-Factor' - When it comes to her performing her new début solo live single on the same show - What does she do?

You guessed it, she's mime's the whole song and it still sounded like a pile of crap - LOL

Oct 28, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #75 of 107
Another one for Miley Cyrus... That new song on the radio makes me cringe everytime.
I get what I like to call the '******-chills' (any O&A fans?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back