the most "grown-up", "luxurious", etc. IEM
Feb 9, 2008 at 5:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

DesertInTheShape

100+ Head-Fier
what is your pick for the most "grown-up" IEM? and by grown-up I mean...
looks adult, sounds adult.
in other words, ibuds are for teenagers, ues can be seen as somewhat sporty and playful....
what is a nice iem or bud that is say, your lexus?
mixture of sound quality and looks...
something like the bang and olufsen jobs...

Feb 9, 2008 at 5:43 AM Post #2 of 13
UE11 and Westone ES2 would get my votes. I like the custom color options that both companies offer, and these are both top of the line audiophile products (but not cheap).

Feb 11, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #7 of 13
Besides the aforementioned custom ear molds which certainly will be more Lexus like than a universal fit, I think the Shure SE530 is pretty luxurious. I am not rich so spending up for a SE530 would count as a luxury in my book. It is comfortable, understated for its size and of course very good sounding.

Feb 11, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #8 of 13
I'm certainly not familiar with everything out there, but to me; luxurious translates to comfort only. I'd have to vote for anything Westone.

Feb 11, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioCats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stax SR-001 with custom ear molds..... maybe?

Positively SICK idea! Did anyone try that yet? They would still be open though... hmmm...

Feb 11, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyfiore75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going with the UE-10s! I hate how everyone skips over them these days in favor of the 11s. Am I jealous? NO! maybe. ; )

hahaha i know how you feel; but I'm so satisfied with my UE-10s that I just don't see any reason to even consider an upgrade in terms of IEMs.

Feb 11, 2008 at 8:35 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Etymotic Research.

Kids hate 'em because they think they don't have any bass.

Eventually, kids may learn better
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back