THE most comfortable headphones
Oct 20, 2007 at 7:41 PM Post #17 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the most comfortable is probably bolting a couple near-field monitors to your bed frame.

Anything else, someone here is gonna complain about.

Dammit, I opened this thread intending to make just that remark.

Oct 20, 2007 at 11:09 PM Post #19 of 38
I find the Stax SR-007 to be very comfortable.
Beats any headphone I have heard, both comfort and sound vise.

Oct 20, 2007 at 11:45 PM Post #21 of 38
Denon D2000/D5000. The earpad is shaped to conform to your ears and head. The padding is thicker behind your ears and thinner in front of your ears. I've worn other pairs of headphones all night long and woken up with sore ears, but the D5000 don't cause you any pain or stress at all. But I wouldn't want to roll over on them, because the swivel arm only attaches to the earcup with a single screw.

And ericj, how can you say comfort is not as significant as sound quality? If you have the best sounding cans in the world but can't stand to wear them for more than 5 minutes at a time, what the hell good are they?

Oct 21, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #23 of 38
Easy one... Yuin PK1 with foam doughnut pads. its the only headphone or IEM I have worn that completely disapears when worn.

Oct 21, 2007 at 12:34 AM Post #25 of 38
I'm curious how float earspeakers feel, since people say that they literally do not touch your ears.

I think IEMs are pretty comfortable. I'm the kind of person that has more sensitivity to touch in my canals, and IEMs give me that arousing, almost sensual feeling.

Oct 21, 2007 at 3:05 AM Post #27 of 38
Definitly the bose triports. None of those in my inventory list can come up close to that of the bose triports...

Oct 21, 2007 at 3:40 AM Post #28 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And ericj, how can you say comfort is not as significant as sound quality? If you have the best sounding cans in the world but can't stand to wear them for more than 5 minutes at a time, what the hell good are they?

Because obtaining the ultimate comfort means sacrificing at least some of the sound.

The Jecklin Float box says "music without compromise" but anyone who's worn one can tell you that old Joerg compromised on everything under 100hz. And this is an unavoidable fact of 'float' type frames.

I can tell you with certainty that a Float frame is more comfortable than anything circum-aural.

But aside from compromising bass, you also compromise convenience because you pretty much have to be sitting or standing, and in either case with a plumb neck, to wear them properly. You compromise fashion, too.

It is also true that a QP55x is more comfortable than a DT880 costing 10 times as much. No matter how cushy your pads are, cardamatic suspension is pretty much the king of evenly applied clamping force, and it only comes from MBQuart.

I would like to try out the MB headphones OEMed by Charter Oak, but I'm not curious enough to buy them.

The OP asked what was the most comfortable, bar none. I like my beyers a lot but quarts have got 'em beat on the comfort front.

Oct 21, 2007 at 4:31 AM Post #30 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are supremely comfortable headphones all the way down to a $35 pair of MBQuart QP55x.

I watch TV and play XBOX with those. For $35, they're awesome.
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back