The Most Annoying and Difficult game you've played.
Sep 8, 2010 at 2:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

AllsWell

100+ Head-Fier
I decided to make this thread because I just finished playing "Demons Souls" . .... 
( For those who know what I'm talking about, then yea. Thats all I have to mention )

Discuss the most annoying, most difficult and most frustrating game you have played !

For me it was Demons Souls for ps3. Damn that game is ridiculous. (I was really psyched and hoping for a good, quality game but I was wrong)
Number one, you cant save your progress in the game. So you have to go through a whole level without dying. And when you do die , you lose everything and have to start over again, from the beginning.
Number two, there is no "pause" option in the game.... ( who came up with that?? ). What happens if you need to change your weapon or armor, or something or you need to go to the washroom or take a break ?? Your screwed.
Number three, you cant 'sell" anything. You end up collecting all this useless junk to find out there was practically no point to it.
Number four, no matter how strong you are you die very quickly. It's just , to put it simply, stupid.
There so much more, so much more detail I can get into but it feels like my brain is fried right now.

Ok, what I saw that was "good" was the voice acting, and the level design... and maybe the character design, but aside from the looks.... I cant give it anything else.

I don't understand how this game has received such high scores by some. From what I read, this game has a love or hate verdict. People either really enjoy it ( which baffles me ) or people hate it.
To make myself clear here; I'm all for a good challenge or a "hard" game. But to make it tedious, monotonous, ridiculous and frustrating is just ... wow.

Anyways, I've lost track of were I wanted to get to. But yes, I did not enjoy this game.

* This is my opinion and you do not have to agree with it*

So please, state which game has gotten under your skin and rattled your nerves.

Sep 8, 2010 at 5:05 AM Post #3 of 36
Crysis and Monster hunter unite was pretty challenging. I once got stuck on one level in monster hunter unite (tigrex quest) and I had to spend about 20 hours to gather all the item needed to create a weapon that can defeat the tigrex. And crysis was pretty challenging in the beginning. You had about 200 ammo and had to defeat several dozen korean soldiers. 

Sep 8, 2010 at 5:56 AM Post #4 of 36
For me it is Dwarf Fortress. I love the game despite the mind-bending learning curve. I can set up a fledgling fortress but the goblin ambushes (with their machine gun crossbows) always manage to wipe out most of my population. The few survivors how remain go insane and tear each other apart.

On second thoughts losing is pretty fun...

Sep 8, 2010 at 7:51 AM Post #5 of 36
THIS ONE!!!

My best score was a little above 69,000.

Sep 8, 2010 at 7:53 AM Post #6 of 36
Some megaman game or that Terminator game on the gameboy where you had no friggin clue what to do in the first friggin level!

Sep 8, 2010 at 8:53 AM Post #7 of 36

Quote:
Without a doubt it would have to be Ninja Gaiden on the xbox. Either that or I think it was a game called Dragons Den on the old C64 - I was always killed literally within about 10 seconds.

Second, Ninja Gaiden made me break my finger, later it made me and my mate threw the xbox out of the window and we ate the cd afterwards.

Sep 8, 2010 at 9:08 AM Post #8 of 36
Allswell: I agree with you man, Demon's Souls is way too difficult. Definitely the most annoying and difficult game I have played so far. Ninja Gaiden is not so hard though I played it on the PS3, maybe the XBOX-version is harder.

Sep 8, 2010 at 9:31 AM Post #10 of 36

Quote:
Allswell: I agree with you man, Demon's Souls is way too difficult. Definitely the most annoying and difficult game I have played so far. Ninja Gaiden is not so hard though I played it on the PS3, maybe the XBOX-version is harder.

Demons Souls is methodically difficult, as in the controls are slower, but once you understand it it is easily exploitable.

Ninja Gaiden/black on the other hand is hard no matter what, Also Master ninja difficulty 

Sep 8, 2010 at 10:08 AM Post #11 of 36
In NeverWinter Nights 2, I got brickwalled by a pair of missions. Either kill two dragons or three Giants. I couldn't do either. My party was killed before I ever got close to killing one dragon or giant.
In the original NWN, there were some difficult parts but I could get through eventually.

Sep 8, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #13 of 36
Yeah Demon's Souls has a steep learning curve for sure. If you can swallow that horse pill for the first few hours (or 20!) then you start, or I did at least, having tons of fun. The best part of Demon's Souls is that, yes, it is difficult but the fun of upgrading your character and getting cool stuff is very much worth the effort. I just finished my second character and had a blast doing it...

Well all of that wouldn't be worth it if the game didn't have such cool environments, enemies, levels, what have you. I haven't played a game like it that created the atmosphere that Demon's Souls has. Of course it wouldn't have been as much fun if I didn't look at the online wikipedia/guide for it to tell me how to get all the cool stuff. Then I probably would have just thrown my controller through the TV.

Sep 8, 2010 at 1:04 PM Post #14 of 36
ninja gaiden 2, Shinobi (PS2, though I did make it to the final boss), certain 16-bit games (battle toads-double dragon, simpsons, etc) 

Sep 8, 2010 at 1:12 PM Post #15 of 36
Probably Immaterial and Missing Power, the first Touhou fighting game.  The most agitating thing about it is that it feels almost like an RTS with buttons, as the point of it is less about simply unleashing hell on the enemy, but stringing together a constant flow of traps and defences that gives the game an initially very clunky feel.  I've never really bothered to get used to the controls, as there are so many variables which have to be considered in order to get a clean win even against the AI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back