The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Mar 7, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #3,331 of 4,317
Stop derailing the thread lol. However, I will mention that the brand new 9980s, after quite a few delays are now available, if anyone wants to take the plunge. Considering the great hassle free return policy, I'm considering getting myself a pair. It looks like monoprice is refreshing their entire headphone line with a lot of new models

Sent from my Captivate Glide

Plunge Away! Curiosity and lack of sleep overcame rational thought. Picked up a pair and another splitter to burn them and my 9927
Some more. I'll have initial impressions up by Friday or Saturday at the latest.

Mar 7, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #3,333 of 4,317
Another video. The sound with these Shure foams are surprisingly good, but not better than with the tip of my first video. The removing of the tube is not easy.

Info:
1. part: Shure foam + Monoprice = good sound
2. part: another alternative usage of Shure foam; foam+silicone
3. part: just for fun; Monoprice + Silicone + Monster Supertips foams - foam; the sound is ok

Mar 7, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #3,334 of 4,317
i know a few of you wear these with the wire behind the ear... well i saw this link a few weeks ago and i finally purchased them,,,  from meelectronics over-the-ear-guides ... very comfortable

Mar 7, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #3,335 of 4,317
Quote:
i know a few of you wear these with the wire behind the ear... well i saw this link a few weeks ago and i finally purchased them,,,  from meelectronics over-the-ear-guides ... very comfortable

Talk about "pimp-my-monoprice". Those $7 iems are getting some love. 
L3000.gif
 All you need now is a re-cable and that's monoprice endgame. 

Mar 7, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #3,338 of 4,317
Quote:
+1 that looks great! All you need is to re-cable it with a Twag cable. It's too bad you can't paint those molds.

i havent tried painting it yet,,  i think im going to do one more set of molds. but i have enough molds already done to experiment with a paint that will work.. 

Mar 7, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #3,339 of 4,317
i just found this from youtube but at its price i think i will pass,,,  my molds cost me less than a dollar to in material and eventhough they dont look that great i thik i would use that money on a set of actual custom earphones.. 

http://www.averysound.com/as.sennheiser.html

Mar 8, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #3,340 of 4,317
i just found this from youtube but at its price i think i will pass,,,  my molds cost me less than a dollar to in material and eventhough they dont look that great i thik i would use that money on a set of actual custom earphones.. 

http://www.averysound.com/as.sennheiser.html

Or you can buy those earpieces and use monoprice 8323s for the rest of your life. Although you'd have to go through quite a few pairs and not lose the tips along the way for it to be worth it

Sent from my Captivate Glide

Mar 8, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #3,341 of 4,317
i think i will stick with my silicones...  much cheaper in cost.. lol..  and i can mold any earphones i get for a fraction of the cost.

but they do look good...
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 8, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #3,342 of 4,317
Anyone have any experience with the Shure olives?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/545716-REG/Shure_EABKF1_10S_EABKF1_10S_Replacement_Black_Foam.html

Mar 8, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #3,344 of 4,317
Quote:
how about open the housing and close the entire housing with silicone, you can also cut the fin too so it became smaller.

i thought about that,,  but didnt give it much thought..  i would have to take a look at the pics already posted of the housing open...  i have a spare that i can destroy  so i might give it a try..  

ok after looking at the opened earphones this is definately my next step... looks easy enough..     

Mar 9, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #3,345 of 4,317
Quote:
Anyone have any experience with the Shure olives?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/545716-REG/Shure_EABKF1_10S_EABKF1_10S_Replacement_Black_Foam.html

i'm using these with my klipsch s4i right now! their fantastic! a lot of people were debating between the shure foam (olive tips) and the complys personally here is a quick review on them

shure olive
fantastic isolation
good durability ( not as good as silicons which last basically forever unless their tear) a pair lasts me about i think 5-6 months now ( i insert my klipsch maybe 3-4 time a day) on my commute and from school and inbetween classes sometimes

a bit gross when you take them out of your ear ( even if you clean your ears a lot) some ear wax comes out and it shows easily cause the sleeve is black

comfort is good ( not as comfortable as the complys ( which basically disappear when they are inserted)

takes longer to mold into the shape your ear than the complys ( when you squeeze the foam tips when inserting you have to shove it deep in your ear and hold it in that position for about 7 seconds) for it to mold into shape

sound its a bit more bassy compare to the complies because of of hard plastic tubing inside

a slightly more closed sound stage

price vs value i think shure >comply ( i get 5 pairs of sleeves of shure for the price of 3 complys)

comply
superb comfort ( nothing in the market is as comfortable as the complys ( once inserted inside your ear) their presence basically disappears and it literally forget you have them on

durability- they last me a about 1.5 months, 2 months max (they tear very easily after use)---> deal breaker for me ( i still have 1 pair from my original 3 pairs left)

as with the shure its a bit nasty when you take them out of your ear, you always have some earwax even when you think you've cleaned your ears

they mold to your ears a lot faster than the shures ( its heat activated, i read from somewhere) once inserted they take 2-3 seconds and they acheive a perfect seal

isolation i would say is fair ( i got the comply t100 with the ear wax shield) not as good as the shures but on par with silicons i would say but they are far more comfortable

price vs value--> their very expensive and they don't last long... i would not recommend them unless comfort is a very high priority.. 

bottom line the shures last long, cheaper but not as comfortable ( not uncomfortable, but comply takes comfort to a whole new level)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back