The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Mar 1, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #3,317 of 4,317
Quote:
theres a tip that i think rids of all the issues, stay tuned tonight at rin's blog. 

4am now, still nothing. 
angry_face.gif
  Guess "tonight" got busy 
beerchug.gif

Mar 1, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #3,319 of 4,317
Am I going to regret buying the Monoprice 9927 if I can't get aftermarket tips? I already typically have problems with normal IEM tips because my canals are tiny, and I literally cannot afford right now to buy extra tips (sad, I know).

Mar 1, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #3,320 of 4,317
Am I going to regret buying the Monoprice 9927 if I can't get aftermarket tips? I already typically have problems with normal IEM tips because my canals are tiny, and I literally cannot afford right now to buy extra tips (sad, I know).

I have very small canals as well despite my huge honking ears. The small tips fit fine, but I actually found that using the medium ones and not having a deep insertion offered better SQ, with not much added discomfort. But they are the usual cheaper tips so YMMV.

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #3,321 of 4,317
Even though they are the same size, I have a sneaking suspicion the black ones may be more comfortable due their finish. And the white ones will be the best, due to finish and (looks like) plastic wrapped cord. Can anyone comment that has both pairs?

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Mar 1, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #3,322 of 4,317
Quote:
Even though they are the same size, I have a sneaking suspicion the black ones may be more comfortable due their finish. And the white ones will be the best, due to finish and (looks like) plastic wrapped cord. Can anyone comment that has both pairs?

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Good point.  It is hard to see, but the White (and Pink) versions seem to have plastic cords.  Hard to tell from the pictures though.

This could reduce the microphonics and durability of the cords.  Hmm...  Might have to order a white pair to see.

Mar 1, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #3,324 of 4,317
Guess I'll wait for the physical mod. The Meelec trips look to handle the resonance best but to me make it sound too dark. I'll stick with the Hifiman biflanges; they're the most comfortable anyway.

Mar 2, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #3,325 of 4,317
Three faces of this IEM:

1) With the above(#3318) mentioned combo you get the most bass, least treble. That's why it can feel little lifeless/flat sometimes. (but my fav so far, the bass is outstanding)

2) With Monster Supertips Gel tips, the sound is neutral: little less bass, and more treble, than 1).  (2. fav, also really good)

3) When you push the "combo tip" up the tube, until the housing, then you get the most treble, and the least, but enough bass. The stage is the closest with them. (3. fav; to detailed/upfront mid/treble section, but the most comfortable)

Mar 3, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #3,326 of 4,317
Having just received my 8320's and being new to the forum, I thought I'd say Hi and add my 2 cents. Initially I thought the bass was lacking (my buds of choice up to now were the Sony EX 85's). I played around with the tips that I have and found (much to my surprise) that the ones that sealed the best were the spares that came with a cheap set of skull candys - these are the type that have the flange towards the back, and were useless on the SK's. I also found the sweet spot by gently pushing the housing into the ear and rotating it back and forth until the cable outlest part was sort of locked in place. I will say that there is a precision to these that while the Sonys have incredible bass, these pick up details that are just not there on the Sony's (or masked by the bass?). Also I tried them with a couple of the youtube sub woofer tests back to back and believe me they go way down to the point where I was feeling a bit queasy. I think the Sonys are probably more relaxing for casual listening in a room with general noise, and they do have some real ass kicking bass, but these are extremely precise and a steal once you get them well sealed, I heard some instrumentation that the sonys just don't pick up. I ordered some cheap bi flanges too so we'll see but for now an excellent buy, and I think they look cool and are comfortable.

Mar 4, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #3,327 of 4,317
Monoprice just added another two "Enhanced Bass Earphones with Built-in Microphone and Play/Pause Controls", the 10154 (Blue) and 10152 (Yellow). They're $6 and the specifications say they have an 11mm driver. Build quality doesn't look too great in the images though.

Mar 5, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #3,328 of 4,317
Guess I'll wait for the physical mod. The Meelec trips look to handle the resonance best but to me make it sound too dark. I'll stick with the Hifiman biflanges; they're the most comfortable anyway.

Not surprised as the graph itself seems to show that a bit much of 10k is sacrificed, better to tame the resonance via mod or dampening. Hifiman tips should mimic the response of Meelecs balanced Biflanges which I would prefer as well based in the graphs, but not much different than stock.

Mar 6, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #3,330 of 4,317
Monoprice just added another two "Enhanced Bass Earphones with Built-in Microphone and Play/Pause Controls", the 10154 (Blue) and 10152 (Yellow). They're $6 and the specifications say they have an 11mm driver. Build quality doesn't look too great in the images though.

Stop derailing the thread lol. However, I will mention that the brand new 9980s, after quite a few delays are now available, if anyone wants to take the plunge. Considering the great hassle free return policy, I'm considering getting myself a pair. It looks like monoprice is refreshing their entire headphone line with a lot of new models

Sent from my Captivate Glide

Users who are viewing this thread

Back