The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Feb 6, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #3,211 of 4,317
Quote:
I would love to hear what you think of them. I'd order a pair myself, but I'm a bit low on money right now.

That awkward moment when you realize that while you've poured hundreds into audiophilia, you are trying not to purchase some $10 IEMs just to try them out.

Feb 6, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #3,212 of 4,317
Quote:
That awkward moment when you realize that while you've poured hundreds into audiophilia, you are trying not to purchase some $10 IEMs just to try them out.

I'm only 17, and I have no job. I literally cannot purchase them with the amount of funds I currently have. Especially when I'm saving up for eithe an E07k or GR06

Feb 6, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #3,213 of 4,317
Quote:
I'm only 17, and I have no job. I literally cannot purchase them with the amount of funds I currently have. Especially when I'm saving up for eithe an E07k or GR06

Same boat, which is why I'll have to think about whether I can really afford to buy these! Perhaps dsnuts can add these to his already lengthy list of monoprice buds he's tested :D

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #3,214 of 4,317
Oh god why... I've just purchased the 9927.... and now you monoprice produce a new IEM with command!! That is what I wanted, command buttons! Oh wait... 
[size=9pt] [size=9pt]Availability
 : Coming Soon![/size]
  [size=8pt]Estimated Time Arrival: [size=9pt]4/17/2013[/size][/size]
[/size] So I'll have 1 month to enjoy my 9927 before thinking of buying the new model. I have yet to get my 9927 though. Will get em today 
rolleyes.gif

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #3,215 of 4,317
Quote:

LMAO I'm in the same boat, was sympathizing with you.

Feb 7, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #3,216 of 4,317
Ok got my 9927!! Yay! 
Really nice! It's been 15 min I had them! And they sound really good! And have isolation too 0_o almost hit by a car, when I introduce my bus ticket I didn't hear the beep... lol 
Anyway this guy is nice, he gets in touch with his clients. If you live in europe or the worldwide (with exception of course) contact [size=small]sammaajiva ![/size]
Back to my 9927 :3

Feb 7, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #3,220 of 4,317
Quote:
Don't think the snow matters, took less than a week for cables in Calgary during Christmas time. Been waiting more than 2 weeks for headphones in Vancouver.

Yes, but with the snow storm and all, I'm really not expecting them tomorrow. I don't mind though, I had actually forgotten these were on the way and only remembered 2 days ago. 

Feb 9, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #3,221 of 4,317
Hadn't realise monoprice had come to Amazon UK, I'm sure it's been discussed here. I bought the 8320 a long while ago on a UK group buy for about £13 and now they are under £5 on Amazon with free shipping. I'm gonna try out the 8323 headphone, for £16 everyone says they are great.

Feb 9, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #3,222 of 4,317
So I picked these 9927's up and got them yesterday and tried them out, have a few decent buds and wanted to compare them and to me the bass is very disapointing and muddy and they are simply falling apart on any complex songs, then I burned them in for 10 hours and it was still bad, could mine be bad or something.

and I was using the amp on my sound cards also.

Edit
Using the tips from the Meelectonics CW31's seems to alleviate the problem to a degree but any ideas on how to improve the bass

Feb 9, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #3,223 of 4,317
Getting a good seal is going to be key to getting decent bass - and with 8320's, that's a bit of a challenge. It's also possible that more burn-in time will help; I'm not sure how much of a believer I am yet, but I do know that the technical-support guy I chatted with at Monoprice strongly recommended as much as 200 hours' worth!

Even so, it doesn't seem like these are intended to be basshead 'phones; but properly tipped and burned in, they should have at least adequate bass. So far, mine seem to be at least pretty decent in that regard (using the largest Sony hybrid tips).

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Feb 9, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #3,224 of 4,317
I made ear molds for mine and used foam tips to create the best seal for me,,,, I have tried many tips and the ear mold seems to work best by adding more of an isolation,,, works great,,, and sounds better than my first pair that I have had since november

Feb 9, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #3,225 of 4,317
kain, i think your impressions of the bass are pretty much right. maybe a certain amp could tighten and define, but the bass on these is pretty low level, but the Mids are full of detail and the treble is pretty accurate and never piercing. Burn in doesn't help the bass for those wondering. I have several sets with hundred hours...I do have one set that is a little bit of a 'dog' right out of the gate compared to 3 other sets. So there may be a little variation in manufacture, but it could also be my mishearing of that one set. Overall they seem pretty consistent and it's not a typical sound signature in a way and may not suit some who like a stiffer harder punch and squarer edges. The sound of this has blunted edges in a way and is why it is not fatiguing but for those wanting an adrenaline fix, these will not deliver it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back