The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Jan 29, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #3,151 of 4,317
Can anyone ship the 9927 to France? When I chosed ship to France in the official site it went from 7$ to 42$..... Please anyone who sheep it for free or at lower fee?
Thanks

If you wait a little bit this ebay seller told me that he is going to receive the 9927 this week or soon after and sell them for £12 + £2.50 European shipping :) (prices are not final)

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #3,152 of 4,317
Got my black pair today. These things look excellent up front. And I can't believe it but they actually put in some nice silicone wide bore tips. Exactly what these earphones need.

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #3,155 of 4,317
The box is a big problem for international resellers.

1. Even for a large order (several hundred units) shipping costs from the USA are 127% higher.
  2. Shipping out to customers is higher. Shipping to UK customers is 200% higher, Europe 120% higher.

Smaller resellers often import in small quantities bought on their behalf in the USA and brought in in small quantities to escape the 20% VAT on imports to Europe. These resellers may well remove the box at source and either not ship it at all or flatten the box, stack the inner plastic tray, import and then re-assemble.

At least, that is what I would do but it is not possible for larger volumes.

One option to save the customer money is to import in the box and offer to ship out without the box (but with the replacement ear tips of course).

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #3,156 of 4,317
The box is a big problem for international resellers.

• Even for a large order (several hundred units) shipping costs from the USA are 127% higher.
  • Shipping out to customers is higher. Shipping to UK customers is 200% higher, Europe 120% higher.

Smaller resellers often import in small quantities bought on their behalf in the USA and brought in in small quantities to escape the 20% VAT on imports to Europe. These resellers may well remove the box at source and either not ship it at all or flatten the box, stack the inner plastic tray, import and then re-assemble.

At least, that is what I would do but it is not possible for larger volumes.

One option to save the customer money is to import in the box and offer to ship out without the box (but with the replacement ear tips of course).

Hey! Are you Mark Townsend they ebay seller? :D
Looks like it :) Did you get them yet?

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #3,157 of 4,317
Well, yes, but I want to follow the forum rules about people in the trade so I do not really know how much I can say!

I did notify Head-Fi that I was a reseller of earphones some weeks ago but I never got a reply.

Any more experienced Head-Fi ers got any guidance to offer?

Jan 29, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #3,158 of 4,317
well my 8320s came in and so far i cant saw they sound much better then my samsung phone earphones. Except i will admit the highs are much better on the monoprice. I get chills with the sibilance on the samsungs sometimes. I need to get new tips and maybe burn them in a little.

Jan 29, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #3,159 of 4,317
Quote:
well my 8320s came in and so far i cant saw they sound much better then my samsung phone earphones. Except i will admit the highs are much better on the monoprice. I get chills with the sibilance on the samsungs sometimes. I need to get new tips and maybe burn them in a little.

Yeah, without a good seal you won't get any bass. Try Complys-Probably T-400s.

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #3,160 of 4,317
http://www.amazon.com/Bluecell-Medium-Eartips-earbuds-earphones/dp/B007BWCDYQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1359515226&sr=8-2&keywords=foam+tips how are these. i really dont want to spend 15$ on tips for an 8$ earphone

Jan 30, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #3,161 of 4,317
Quote:
http://www.amazon.com/Bluecell-Medium-Eartips-earbuds-earphones/dp/B007BWCDYQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1359515226&sr=8-2&keywords=foam+tips how are these. i really dont want to spend 15$ on tips for an 8$ earphone

Trust me, they are totally worth it.  Even at $8 + $15, you are only at $23.  These little IEMs are just amazing.  Well worth double that price IMO.

Jan 30, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #3,162 of 4,317
I just got my 9927s in today. I don't own a pair of 8320s to compare to though. Gonna give them some time before I do a full review but here are my initial impressions.

Build
Box : Nice but I don't really care either way.
Cord: is opt to tangle but feels nice. It is also very susceptible to micro-phonics, so you'll be putting them over the ear, as I'm sure you already do. Length is medium, just where I like it actually.
Earpieces: Light weight. Rubber with a plastic finish. Very slick and smooth to the touch., hardened but slightly soft.
Tips: Cheap soft tips. (replacements on the way). The small ones are perfect fit for my ears though.
Comfort: A little "itchy" like discomfort, but its mostly the tips causing that. (soon to be fixed). Had to take a break after 1+1/2 hours. Got painful. New tips should help.

Songs
So far I've listened/tested on some...
Led Zeppelin  --   When the Levee Breaks, Stairway to Heaven
Pantera --   Floods, Walk, Cemetary gates, Cowboys from Hell. 
Nero  --  Promises, Innocence. 
Johnny Cash  --  Live at Folsom Prison (various songs)
Postal Service  --  Whole album
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas  --  Just awake
Lisa Hannigan  --  Whole live concert I recorded at the Troubadour in Hollywood a few years back.
Nirvana (MTV live unplugged)  --  Whole album.
Various piano sonatas

Listened using Foobar2k with FLAC on my desktop pc and from 320k mp3 on my Samsung Galaxy S2.

Sound (No EQ)

High: Not bad. Don't resolve very well (especially the cymbals), but good separation/detail. Hi-hat sounds recessed to me. (maybe my imagination).
Mid: Front and center "YES SIR!". Roaring Mids. 'Dimebag' Darrell was pickups deep in my eardrum ("floods" was a delight); however, it can be almost overbearing for some tunes.
Low: Present. Punchy when needed, but definitely recessed. It's missing the raw power that I like to have behind a tight hit. Struggles in the sub-bass (but that was expected).
Sound stage: Smaller than I would like. Feels consistently narrow. Hopefully the new buds will open it up some.
Overall Impression: Accurate. Good separation. Beautiful for vocals. Loved them for Rock and Vocal, but disappointing for Electronic. 

Final thoughts: 10$ shipped, what is that...like one and a half Starbucks -- Buy them. Going to dabble with the "tape" mod and see how the new tips do when they arrive (hopefully tomorrow).

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #3,165 of 4,317
Quote:
If you wait a little bit this ebay seller told me that he is going to receive the 9927 this week or soon after and sell them for £12 + £2.50 European shipping
smily_headphones1.gif
(prices are not final)

Thanks dude for the info.
Please keep me up to date when he will ship, when that time comes I'll buy too.
Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back