The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Jan 19, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #3,091 of 4,317
Quote:
Quote:
So...no one has tried the new black model? They look to be made out of a ruberized plastic that may be more comfy!
Thoughts?

They haven't been in stock at Monoprice yet, so no one can buy them.
frown.gif

Ah. My bad. They look a lot nicer. The housings look like they might have parts that are just rubber, which would be AMAZING!

Jan 19, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #3,092 of 4,317
Guys, Im to buy a set (or two) when/if my budget allows. Being on a very tight budget as a student, though also being a music lover and perhaps an budget-audiophile, I would like to know hów great they actually are.
I already contacted some head-fi members, and I got different responses. Some say they are great, others say they are not worth more than $20 (which they will cost me incl. shipping/piece). Others say -in this thread- they are good for the money ($7), but they would not pay more. 

So, do you recommend me to get those phones, or arent they as good as one would believe? Are they budget-hifi or a waste of money for such a poor student as I am?

Personally, I wouldn't pay $20 for the 8320. I've purchased other IEMs in the $20 - $25 (shipped) range that sound better. That said, you could also do worse for $20.

Jan 19, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #3,093 of 4,317
Quote:
Quote:
Guys, Im to buy a set (or two) when/if my budget allows. Being on a very tight budget as a student, though also being a music lover and perhaps an budget-audiophile, I would like to know hów great they actually are.
I already contacted some head-fi members, and I got different responses. Some say they are great, others say they are not worth more than $20 (which they will cost me incl. shipping/piece). Others say -in this thread- they are good for the money ($7), but they would not pay more. 

So, do you recommend me to get those phones, or arent they as good as one would believe? Are they budget-hifi or a waste of money for such a poor student as I am?

Personally, I wouldn't pay $20 for the 8320. I've purchased other IEMs in the $20 - $25 (shipped) range that sound better. That said, you could also do worse for $20.

I think that the 8320 sounds better (from memory) than the SHE3580, for example. But, the fit on the 8320 is so impossible, that the 3580 becomes the better value, especially since it is now readily available for ~$5

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #3,094 of 4,317
Quote:

Well, it depends mainly on how good of a seal you have. The 8320s with Comply T-400s will probably compete with most <$50 IEMs. However, those tips coste quite a bit-$15 for a pack of 3 pairs. If they will cost you $20 shipped, plus $20 for tips (which don't last more than a month or so each pair) There are probably better options at the $40 range, with better stock tips that will help you get a good seal without foams.

Jan 19, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #3,095 of 4,317
For $40, I'd probably try the VSonic VC02 or for $50, the GR04 Flagship. But, if you are one of the people who can slip the 8320 right in and get a great fit, then they're a great deal. If you're like me and it will never fit, even after a dozen tip attempts of  every shape and size, they're not a great deal. I did get a good fit once, and they sounded spectacular...never could get it a second time...

Jan 19, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #3,096 of 4,317
whats the difference between the vsonics and the 8320...   considering u listen at normal level  not high volumes  and the 8320's are equipped with comply tips....  and using the same music..

beause honestly  im completely happy with my 8320,,,  but just for fun i would like to buy something to out shine them,, 

Jan 20, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #3,097 of 4,317
Quote:
i love ID.....        have you changed out the tips yet....

My ID stuff has been going strong for a number of years now. I have one ID Max 12 in the trunk getting 600 watts and a pair of Chameleon 6.5 comps in the doors getting 120 watts per channel. I had some nice Soundstream Van Gogh amps but something happened and they quit working. I have a rattle coming from the passenger door speaker, so I'm going to need something new. Since Eric left Image I'm kind of skeptical of going with more of their stuff. Hybrid Audio is looking  like the replacement. Anyway... I haven't changed my tips yet, but I get a pretty good seal with the tips that came with them. I have looked around at the Comply tips on Amazon, but I'm kind of overwhelmed by the selection! I had foam tips on my last set of JVC earbuds, but the foam got really hard and started hurting my ears. I'm not sure if I want the Isolation Plus or the Comfort Plus tips. I do plan on getting tips though, because what I think is a good seal, may actually be not that great. I also found a good site for burning in my phones -http://www.jlabaudio.com/burn.php

Jan 20, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #3,098 of 4,317
ok call me crazy,,, but is it me or is there a proper way of inserting the foamies in..   i tugged on my earlobe and moved things around a bit and magic, and good seal.... and a more balanced sound... 

has anyone thought of using these...  earhooks/earguides  ....  http://www.meelec.com/category_s/393.htm

Jan 20, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #3,099 of 4,317
Thank you all for your responses regarding to buy or not to buy these. I think I will try them, they should be really good, and, well, I will be using them indoors only. If I dont get a good seal, I will try these cheapies: http://www.buyincoins.com/new_en/details/3-x-pairs-double-mp3-ears-earphones-headphone-in-ear-silica-gel-buds-tips-product-7698.html
If those dont fit and I cant find other tips, I might as well sell them to family members...

Jan 23, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #3,105 of 4,317
Quote:
Awei es800m is normal and has sq equal to 8320.

i was just reading a review on them... might have to fork out some change for them also...  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back