The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Jan 11, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #3,061 of 4,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaywalk3r /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received mine about a week ago. They're all right for the price, I suppose, but they certainly don't live up to the hype. They're too harsh and fatiguing.

for first time listen I agree with you, come from bassy IEM at first I feel lacking of bass and harsh mids, but I keep listen it, after 2-3 days continous listen I get used to the sound signature and really love it, now I listen it 4-5 hours per day almost everyday.

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #3,062 of 4,317
Jan 11, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #3,063 of 4,317
I received mine about a week ago. They're all right for the price, I suppose, but they certainly don't live up to the hype. They're too harsh and fatiguing.

for first time listen I agree with you, come from bassy IEM at first I feel lacking of bass and harsh mids, but I keep listen it, after 2-3 days continous listen I get used to the sound signature and really love it, now I listen it 4-5 hours per day almost everyday.

I'm coming from HiFiMan RE-0, which isn't known as a bassy IEM. I probably won't try getting used to the sound signature of the 8320, since I have other models that sound so much better. That's okay; I only bought them to find out what all the hype was about. My expectations weren't very high, so I wasn't very disappointed. I'm glad you enjoy yours, though.

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #3,064 of 4,317
Hello Head-Fi. In looking for a replacement for my pair of Jlabs J2 I stumbled upon this thread. After reading the rave reviews I took the bait and ordered two pair. Now note that my impressions are coming from a guy who's experience is mostly mid-fi and midrange studio equipment.
These headphones have brought me back to Head-Fi. They are excellent for the price. Unlike many others I don't have much of a fit issue with the stock tips, but I have some silicone putty hurdling in my directions to make one pair into DIY custom IEMs. Big props to Dsnuts for finding these

Jan 13, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #3,065 of 4,317
First of all I would like to say hello as it's my first post at head-fi.org.

I'me very interested in these IEMs but unfortunately the shipping cost to Europe are far too high.
Is there any one here, that have an extra pair and would like to sell it for a reasonable price?

Jan 13, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #3,067 of 4,317
Quote:
First of all I would like to say hello as it's my first post at head-fi.org.

I'me very interested in these IEMs but unfortunately the shipping cost to Europe are far too high.
Is there any one here, that have an extra pair and would like to sell it for a reasonable price?

As said above, there are eBay sellers that will ship to Europe.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monoprice-8320-Enhanced-Bass-Hi-Fi-Noise-Isolating-Earphones-UK-Stock-/300836011721?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item460b393ec9
12.50 GBP shipped Int'l.
Welcome to Head-Fi.
Sorry about your wallet.

Jan 13, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #3,068 of 4,317
Quote:
I hear some people talking about a 'tape mod' for the 8320. What effects does such a mod have?

@ender323 Funny you should say something about recabling these, I'm going to solder on a HTC wire, so I can have ; volume controls, pause/play button and a microphone all built with the great sound of the 8320 :)

i just tried tested the 8320s again WITH and WITHOUT the tape mod, i haven't seen anyone examine the 8320s with and without tape mod yet

it comes down with preference,

WITH the tape mod it provides:
better isolation (better for commuting purposes)
boomy bass ( slighly emphasized bass)
better for todays more mainstream music, pop, hip-hop, rap, electronic trance
but the sound stage suffers a bit it becomes more closed sounding (more open then most IEMS, but less open compare to without the tape mod)---> this is more geared toward the general public as opposed to audiophile purists

WITHOUT the tape mod it provides:
more open sound staging ( its less closed sounding, i really like it)
less isolation (sound seeps in through the hole, i expect)-
better for home use as opposed to commuting in louder environments
bass is more neutral--> less boomy and thumping compare to the tape mod
Better for audiophile purists i would expect, everything is more neutral

personally i like a little bit of bass emphasis, as i listen to mostly kpop, electronic, pop music. but i have two 8320s so i think i might leave one WITH and one WITHOUT the tape mod =)

but i have slight preference to the tape mod one =) better for commuting, but its cool that the sound changes so much just with adding and removing tape

(reminder, these fit me well now, it sits flat against my ear, so i'm pretty sure i have a good seal) my monster double flange (cut from triple flange) i posted a few posts ago continue to slip but i have a great backup phillips pair (single flange, medium) 

Jan 13, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #3,069 of 4,317
Quote:
As said above, there are eBay sellers that will ship to Europe.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monoprice-8320-Enhanced-Bass-Hi-Fi-Noise-Isolating-Earphones-UK-Stock-/300836011721?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item460b393ec9
12.50 GBP shipped Int'l.
Welcome to Head-Fi.
Sorry about your wallet.

Shorter version of above is http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300836011721 @  £11.50 / £12 / £12.50 to UK / Europe / Rest of the world inc shipping
Also two unit deal on http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300836268950 @ £20 / £21 / £22 to UK / Europe / Rest of the world inc shipping and cheapo replacement ear tips

Jan 14, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #3,070 of 4,317
has anyone seen this... http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=242-3536

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #3,073 of 4,317
Quote:

yes, that's where I taped up mine, and doing that brought out more bass quantity

Oh, Actually u can just use the Mee Triple flange, and push all the way down. Same as tape mod.
But the amazing sound stage wil be gone. And Bass become really boomy. That's same as what ppl mentioned above.
Personally, i don't like the tape mod. What makes 8320 special&amazing is the soundstage. IMHO

Jan 14, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #3,074 of 4,317
is dsnuts still posting in this thread?  LOL @ i bought these about 3 days after this thread started.  i have highly recommended these to many people the last year.  anybody looking something serious looked at me like a dumbfounded dog.  i've seen these make some techno bloggers top 10 blogs.  they made no.10 as honorable mentions for the price.  anyways, i am in the market for some headphones.  lol.  i am really in the market for headphones now.  i just got a pa2v2 amp a couple hours ago and i just blew my left earpiece about two sentences back.  oh well.  these were the best $10 ever spent and i'll get another or two for throwdowns when headphones can't be used.  i've been using my freebies that came with my galaxy note 2 for the last 2 weeks.  those are the best sounding freebies i have ever owned and listened to.  they are a bit more refined than the 8320's, but the 8320's definitely put the beat down on bass.  and i don't think i blew my earpiece out.  i think it was sloppy recording on fort minor's part.  anyways, i wish i had stumbled on this thread when i bought mine.  for <$10 shipped these are bar none the best.  heck for <$20 they are the best.  i can't comment much beyond that.

anyways, while i am here, just to remind you cheap peeps, i got a pa2v2 and been burning it in.  how awesome my new little toy is.  anyways, i have been looking at vmoda m-80's and m-100's.  i was thinking about the m-80's because i would probably never get my $180 worth of listening since i much prefer my home theater setup.  the m-100's are $300, but i noticed the m-80's dropped to $150 today on amazon.  with this amp though, i was starting to lean towards the m-100's because i am a wanna be audiophile and the pa2v2 is helluva lot more awesome than i thought it was going to be.  is the extra portability and $150 price difference worth it to get the m-100's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back