The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Jan 4, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #3,016 of 4,317
Quote:
I don't wanna look over this big thread, so i'll ask, what are the recommended tips to buy for these iems? taking confortability and other aspects into consideration. :)

Comply tips are nice. The 400 tips will fit. Complys are expensive-$15-$20 for a pack for 3 pairs. Considering these are so cheap, it seems kind of odd to spend so much on tips-foam tips must be replaced at least once a month, as they dirty quickly. Some Sony hybrids might last longer.

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #3,017 of 4,317
Quote:
Comply tips are nice. The 400 tips will fit. Complys are expensive-$15-$20 for a pack for 3 pairs. Considering these are so cheap, it seems kind of odd to spend so much on tips-foam tips must be replaced at least once a month, as they dirty quickly. Some Sony hybrids might last longer.

I think I have spent $50+ on tips for my $7 Monoprice 8320.  Still trying to find the best ones.

Jan 4, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #3,021 of 4,317
Jan 4, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #3,026 of 4,317
Quote:
Good thing this is a hobby and not a business.

Yeah, crazy to think of all the money I have spent on this hobby.  Though my last hobby was modding my car (which I still have) and that was a lot more expensive!
Quote:
Worth it?

Worth it....  Well, not sure yet.  Have to get around to trying the T400 tips later.  All the other tips did not go to waste though.  They went along with all the other 8320s I have handed out as gifts to friends and family.

Jan 4, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #3,027 of 4,317
I have no life either so I wasted another abing hours all my tips and tricks.

Comply t-400 tips on backwards with the tape mod still gets my vote. It's likely all in my head but try as I might, I can't get them to sound better.

I have to keep reminding myself, it's all about the tube, stupid. Don't block it or impede it. Then all I need is a good seal. Deep is probably better but a good seal at all, will be an improvement over stock.

Jan 4, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #3,028 of 4,317
Quote:
Explain this mod please.

yes, it need two set of tips for the upper part and the bottom part , cut the upper part of bottom tips so it become just like tube.for the upper part use smaller tips than your normal size cause it will insert deeper.
to combine bottoms and tops tips,first put the bottom part(tube) on iem after that flip the upper tips  then insert the nozzle in the tube finish with glue. you may chose tips with smaller nozzle for upper part so it easy to insert in the tube.
picture:

Jan 4, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #3,029 of 4,317
Using the Comply T-400 (small) tips for the first time.  Wow...  Amazing.  Now THIS is what I should have bought in the first place!

Using my "Go To Song"  Beck - Cold Brains.  I have the tips mounted the normal way.  Maybe because they are the small tips they work better (I ended up getting the sample size pack (sm/med/lg) as I wanted to see which one worked the best for me.

Jan 4, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #3,030 of 4,317
Quote:
Using the Comply T-400 (small) tips for the first time.  Wow...  Amazing.  Now THIS is what I should have bought in the first place!

Using my "Go To Song"  Beck - Cold Brains.  I have the tips mounted the normal way.  Maybe because they are the small tips they work better (I ended up getting the sample size pack (sm/med/lg) as I wanted to see which one worked the best for me.

thats the only thing i hate... not know which size,,,,   i would like to get 3 pairs of one size  and not the variety pack.. 

i just got these in the mail yesterday,,, havent been able to eally test them and compare..  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004GF85AC/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Users who are viewing this thread

Back