The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Jan 2, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #3,001 of 4,317
Quote:
On mine, taping up that hole gave it more bass. It wasn't clean bass but there was more. My guess is, they figured out if they drilled a hole that the bass would be more balanced with mids and highs. You can also tape up the hole and punch a smaller hole in it.

Guess I was completely wrong, then. Sounds interesting, though.

Jan 2, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #3,003 of 4,317
Had them for 2 months now and still astounded!! Several of my friends now own them too. I was at my sisters at Christmas time and said to here try these. She listen to them for about 2 minutes pulled the plug and walked away with them still in her ears and said thanks these are amazing! I actually had to give her my spare new set to get them back!! She did have comfort issues after long listening periods so she is ordering comply's. 

Jan 4, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #3,007 of 4,317
i might have to break down and buy the comply tips.... i have a decent seal but nothing like the airtight seal that i get from the 9396 earphones...

Jan 4, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #3,008 of 4,317
I am impressed. In a track I was listening to, these 8320's just reproduced the very subtle 60 cycle hum from a slightly overdriven single coil guitar pickup through the amp, which I was able to pick out amongst singing, drums, bass guitar, and other digital effects. Amazing 

Jan 4, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #3,009 of 4,317
Quote:
i might have to break down and buy the comply tips.... i have a decent seal but nothing like the airtight seal that i get from the 9396 earphones...

There is another tip out there that is less money and said to better. I lost the name, all I know it was also foam and I think it was made in the UK. The advantage the person claimed was that it had a tube that run the length of the tip. Why is that better?

Some people claim the comply's sound muffled because of the short tube. Some people are trimming them, others mounting them backwards to avoid the problem. I looked again and tried to find the name but couldn't. If you have better luck post back.

I'm going to try the Sony hybrids next time. The foamies don't last, get crazy dirty. They seal good but there may be a better tip for me personally.

Jan 4, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #3,012 of 4,317
Quote:
How does this pair with the Clip+(rockboxed) guys?

It will work fine. Thats the beauty of the Clip+. It works with everything. :). Anyway, I don't know the impedence on the 8320s, but the Clip+ can handle anything over 8 and under...well, under any IEM. It won't drive huge cans, but any IEM, easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back