The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Apr 14, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #1,891 of 4,317
You can get a better idea of how you can extend the nozzle..I didn't shave off too much around the nozzle but you can and this will extend the nozzle a bit. The plastic is very thick so how much to shave will be up to you.. Oh by the way you might want to clog that little hole with candle wax or something like that so you don't get shavings in that..Well actually if you just shave stuff off the shavings will plug that hole. I had to take a vacuum and a pair of sharp tweezers to clean that hole.. I would work on the housing and that is the most important part of the comfort factor and as long as you can get the entire housing into your ear canal these are not gonna sound right.

Good luck claiming the warranty

Apr 14, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #1,895 of 4,317

Quote:
Good luck claiming the warranty

lol?
I hope that was sarcasm 

Quote:
There are plenty of iem mods! Check what some people have done to SM3s then theirs mids were people have added shure pin connectors to make the iem have removable cables :p
But yeh definitely a modifiable earphone!

oh wow!
haha that sounds fun :p

Apr 14, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #1,896 of 4,317
^Yeah, making a warranty claim on a $7 item is rather pointless...

Oh, I got my 8320s today.  (Two days from order to doorstep.)

First impressions:  They are quite good.  Decent clarity, good tone, overall impressive.

My main point of comparison for universal IEMs is the HifiMan RE0.  Between the 8320 and the RE0... The 8320 is very good.  But the RE0 is faster, has a little bit better depth, and I think has better frequency balance.  The 8320 though, is warmer sounding and may have better tone in the lower midrange.  Also, the 8320 is much more efficient.  The RE0 scales with amplification, whereas the 8320 is plenty loud at about 1/4 volume straight out of my iRiver.  It's not as comfortable to wear as the RE0 though.

Overall, I think the RE0 wins on depth and speed, and the comfort is nice.  But it's a $79 purchase, whereas the 8320 is $7.  So for the price, the 8320 is an excellent buy.  The 8320 would still be a good buy at $50, though at that price it would need to come with better packaging and accessories.  Still, overall a steal.

$.02.

Apr 14, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #1,897 of 4,317

Quote:
^Yeah, making a warranty claim on a $7 item is rather pointless...

Oh, I got my 8320s today.  (Two days from order to doorstep.)

First impressions:  They are quite good.  Decent clarity, good tone, overall impressive.

My main point of comparison for universal IEMs is the HifiMan RE0.  Between the 8320 and the RE0... The 8320 is very good.  But the RE0 is faster, has a little bit better depth, and I think has better frequency balance.  The 8320 though, is warmer sounding and may have better tone in the lower midrange.  Also, the 8320 is much more efficient.  The RE0 scales with amplification, whereas the 8320 is plenty loud at about 1/4 volume straight out of my iRiver.  It's not as comfortable to wear as the RE0 though.

Overall, I think the RE0 wins on depth and speed, and the comfort is nice.  But it's a $79 purchase, whereas the 8320 is $7.  So for the price, the 8320 is an excellent buy.  The 8320 would still be a good buy at $50, though at that price it would need to come with better packaging and accessories.  Still, overall a steal.

$.02.

Nice to see these winning fans everyday..Thanks for your take on them..

Every since I started this thread I have moved on to other iems but I threw my charcoal looking MP8320s with my Sony Z1060 and the sound was just like how I left it..They still amaze me today..It's not every day you get a nice sounding earphone for the cost of tip at a cheap eatery. .Happy listening to all the $7.11 club..

Apr 15, 2012 at 6:21 AM Post #1,898 of 4,317

Quote:
Lol!. Ya. I just hope one of these days whomever that created these make a newer better version. I would literally pay double!. Maybe even triple... I was thinking if there is a brave soul out there in earphone land that might want to try n reshell these with lets say a driver from the Philips She3580 for the sub bass. Dual custom she bang! Got my mind on them dual dynamic ASG-2s..

:xf_eek: THIS. Would be awesome.

Finally gotten my MP8320s, everything I'd say about it has already been said. To summarise - everything that's written here is true... including the posts about the earphones not inspiring confidence by presenting itself in a humble plastic bag. Nevertheless, for the millionth time, Thanks, Dsnuts.

I've changed the tips, I might put thin foam over the filters if the sound does not change much after burn-in.

Apr 15, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #1,900 of 4,317

Quote:
:xf_eek: THIS. Would be awesome.

Finally gotten my MP8320s, everything I'd say about it has already been said. To summarise - everything that's written here is true... including the posts about the earphones not inspiring confidence by presenting itself in a humble plastic bag. Nevertheless, for the millionth time, Thanks, Dsnuts.

I've changed the tips, I might put thin foam over the filters if the sound does not change much after burn-in.

You enjoy your new earphones. I know for a fact that MP has someone looking at this thread and I hope one of them gets word out to whomever is making these and tell them just that. They need to realize they have a good product but can do so much more with it.. Who knows. I hope we get some nice news that they are indeed getting a newer version.

Quote:
does the sound change after burn in? i read about it on an earlier part of the thread but i don't remember (it'smorning) and i don't feel like going and finding it (it's morning)

Burn in affects dynamic drivers. Some more than others and these earphones should be no exception. Throw them on a music source and crank out your tunes for a good 40-50 hours and they should sound better than when you first heard them..

Apr 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #1,901 of 4,317
just placed an order for a couple of these .... couldn't resist after skimming through a few of the pages here. a friend of mine "needs" to hear decent sounding portable audio; and hopefully these will deliver.

also placed an order for ebay DF-50 silicone tips. can't wait for them to arrive.

Apr 16, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #1,902 of 4,317
I got a few pairs of df-50 and tf-30 in misc sizes from audiozones today (in different sizes). the large df-50 fit me better than large comply 4/500 series. the seal is about the same, but pressure is less(hence they feel more comfortable) and they obviously are more durable and are a lot cheaper than comply foam.the sound is about the same as well.

didn't really like their triple flanges (didn't seal as well for some reason, but YMMV)

you can also buy directly from audiozones bypassing fleabay.
email Eric at audiozones AT gmail.com

Apr 16, 2012 at 7:04 AM Post #1,905 of 4,317
Does anyone know how do this compare with the Philips SHE3580? These 2 Budget-IEMS are causing alot of hype in head-fi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back