The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Jan 11, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #1,277 of 4,317
Dsnuts: yes, I plan on trying that as soon as I get some time, which may not be very soon unfortunately (toddler at home, that takes a lot of time...)

I still consider this a great find.  Wish they'd have longer nozzles or something.  Wouldn't take that much to make them comfortable, really...

Jan 11, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #1,279 of 4,317
Quote:
@ I2ehan Wow. That is a big driver. Was it hard to break open in half?

Certainly took a bit of effort on my part, but I didn't really have the necessary tools for it. All I had was a pair of scissors, which I used to snip off the entire nozzle, followed by the cable. Next, using one end of the scissors, I worked my way into the giant hole left behind where the nozzle had originally been, and simply twisted until the shell cracked open, revealing the driver. 
smile.gif

Jan 11, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #1,282 of 4,317
I'm sure I'm just reiterating what has been long since buried, but the earplug cutout mod for the tips is a 100% improvement--excellent heads up Cotelio and Nuts.  It (or different tips altogether) should really be a prerequisite for evaluating these, cause the SQ improves tremendously with the enhanced seal.

Jan 12, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #1,283 of 4,317

Quote:
You want to get pissed? Try those. Perhaps the worst sounding muddy muffled sounding earphones I have ever tried. I bought those with my first 8320..I listen to those with one tune and that was good enough for me to determine their quality or I should say the lack there of.. Stay away. The Mp 8320 is the best sounding earphone they have. I tried just about all of them.. I also got confirmation from a very knowledgeable tech there at MP.. He also agrees that the 8320 is the best one. The 8322 the ones with the gem on the back end sound better than those.

For now if you guys want another great sounding earphone on the cheap try these. These Xeports are the real deal. Thanks goes to Ishcabible for showing me these.. The 3010 on the left is a good solid balanced sounding $10 iem and the 5010 the one on the right has 3 tunable plates to throw on the back end for the big bass a la MEElectronics SP51 and sounds great for the $15 or so I payed for them. Both these are worthy. Xeport.com  These are shipped from San Diego and not from China and they cost way less on their web site than on Amazon.. These get the thumbs up from me..

I do have another item that you guys will be very interested in here real soon. I am not quite ready to reveal what it is. All in due time. Save a bit of money as there will be a mad dash to get them once all is revealed.. More to come soon. 

Are they willing to ship those earphone to Asia...........?

Jan 13, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #1,286 of 4,317
Listened to Nine Inch Nails The Fragile disc 2 today in these.... they don't get in my ears too often but when they do I am always impressed. So rad, best drunk impulse buy ever! Thx again OP.

Jan 13, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #1,287 of 4,317
Lol! A drunk impulse buy. That's what I'm talking about. You know what I discovered today..? I think I get more satisfaction over my cheapo discoveries than the more expensive ones. These are one of them for sure. Still love my Mp 8320s.

Jan 16, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #1,288 of 4,317
1st post, I'm mainly a lurker but i had to post on these phones.  Alot has been said already about build, sound and whatnot.
These things sound dang good..As said before you need to find the right tips, I tried so many but couldn't get the proper fit until I found some old cheap tips I had from a $5 set. The phones just sat to high out of my ears so they just killed me, now they set flush with my ears.  I hate I had to run the whole barrel into my canal but its perfect for me now.
Had them on for hours with no pain.  Now to the sound, from my point.  I'm kinda of an old school music head, I hate new recordings, remasters an the such.  I mainly crank out old 70s, 80s rock, Rush , Zep, Kiss, Alice Cooper, Floyd, ect..And my cds are basically 1st presses with worts and all, gotta love that hiss man..
   These phones kick butt on this type of music, they crank very well...I've put my cds into my ipod touch at 320 mps with all the best of care in my transfers..But I thought the phones rocked decent, but oh man I found out what they can do with a little program as the eq in the touch is trash imo.  So I did some research and found a program called Bongiovi DPS,
 Holy Crap!!!  Best $3  Ive spent, It makes these headphone REALLY come alive.  I think someone posted with some eq these work well...OMG, no kidding...
  These things punch way above the $100 mark with a bit of tweeking...I wont go into what Im hearing since I suck at audio terms and whatnot...But man what a find indeed, and yes Ive heard quality phones and own them now, D7000s, and a few others I'll add in my profile, but for $9 these are a steal...I've heard worse that cost $200...Check out that Bongiovi program too it helps with the crappy ipod eq, it even pulled the recess out of my m6s...more on that later:)

Jan 16, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #1,290 of 4,317

Quote:
1st post, I'm mainly a lurker but i had to post on these phones.  Alot has been said already about build, sound and whatnot.
These things sound dang good..As said before you need to find the right tips, I tried so many but couldn't get the proper fit until I found some old cheap tips I had from a $5 set. The phones just sat to high out of my ears so they just killed me, now they set flush with my ears.  I hate I had to run the whole barrel into my canal but its perfect for me now.
Had them on for hours with no pain.  Now to the sound, from my point.  I'm kinda of an old school music head, I hate new recordings, remasters an the such.  I mainly crank out old 70s, 80s rock, Rush , Zep, Kiss, Alice Cooper, Floyd, ect..And my cds are basically 1st presses with worts and all, gotta love that hiss man..
   These phones kick butt on this type of music, they crank very well...I've put my cds into my ipod touch at 320 mps with all the best of care in my transfers..But I thought the phones rocked decent, but oh man I found out what they can do with a little program as the eq in the touch is trash imo.  So I did some research and found a program called Bongiovi DPS,
 Holy Crap!!!  Best $3  Ive spent, It makes these headphone REALLY come alive.  I think someone posted with some eq these work well...OMG, no kidding...
  These things punch way above the $100 mark with a bit of tweeking...I wont go into what Im hearing since I suck at audio terms and whatnot...But man what a find indeed, and yes Ive heard quality phones and own them now, D7000s, and a few others I'll add in my profile, but for $9 these are a steal...I've heard worse that cost $200...Check out that Bongiovi program too it helps with the crappy ipod eq, it even pulled the recess out of my m6s...more on that later:)

yo Magic, you *might* want to investigate the new 2011 Pink Floyd remastered catalog. They **really** did an excellent job on them finally/this time.
ALL of them have pretty significant sonic inprovements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back