The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Jan 9, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #1,261 of 4,317
I had just received mine. Not burnt in. For now, they have a very musical but still balanced sound to them.

The base frequency definitely extends lower than you would expect, and it is not pushed forward at all; so it does not conflict with any other noises. Bass guitar and stuff have a good presence in a musical kind of way; these are not forward like with my triple-fis. Treble, has as much presence as the bass guitar if not a very little less than base guitar and stuff.

There is without a doubt the value of these things being good. Very good earphones to complement your triple-fis. Triple-fis put some much energy into some songs; while these can put in a dynamic bass with a more balanced (as in, not that forward energetic feeling my triple-fis give) sound. No problems with the dynamic driver getting enough are either (drive flex).

I am thou thoroughly satisfied with these. Now if I can get my Turbine golds back from my friends to compare.

EDIT:
Listening to some gi gi D'Agostino progressive techno song Percorrendo. These are very good with low bass sounds!

listening to some jazz; piano is nice and energetic. Trumpet hurts. Bass acoustic string instrument sounds really nice; doesn't feel like your there plucking it like with the triple-fis but it has another kind of big presence that still keeps it in the background as it should be!

Listening to Linkin park-A thousand stars album-song: For when they come for me.........the drums, sound amazing with these headphones with that extension of the sound. Again not energetic like with the triple-fis....but that extension of the sound is really nice and musical......I guess that is the dynamic sound.

Jan 9, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #1,262 of 4,317
I was recommending these to guys that wanted great sounding iems for EDM.. Trance and hiphop. Fantastic on these. Rock n metal as well. I wish I can find those posts. .It was funny as others were suggesting the usual suspects and then there was me suggesting a $7.11 iem.

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #1,263 of 4,317
Ordered them and received them today. The only other IEMs I have that I can compare them to are my Monster Turbines. I haven't burned these in btw, so these first impressions are truly first impressions. They don't have that deep, sexy bass extension the Turbines and the soundstage feels narrow, even for an IEM. However, the detail and clarity is at the very least almost comparable to the Turbines, which is totally insane considering the $7.11 price tag. o___o

Jan 10, 2012 at 6:04 AM Post #1,264 of 4,317

Quote:
Ordered them and received them today. The only other IEMs I have that I can compare them to are my Monster Turbines. I haven't burned these in btw, so these first impressions are truly first impressions. They don't have that deep, sexy bass extension the Turbines and the soundstage feels narrow, even for an IEM. However, the detail and clarity is at the very least almost comparable to the Turbines, which is totally insane considering the $7.11 price tag. o___o

convenient for me :p
I'm getting my MT's, Denon AH-D2000, and PFE 112's all today :D
Good audio package methinks hehe

Hopefully by next week the 8320's too!

Jan 10, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #1,265 of 4,317
Quote:
convenient for me :p
I'm getting my MT's, Denon AH-D2000, and PFE 112's all today :D
Good audio package methinks hehe

Let us know what you think; in their respective threads, of course. 
smile.gif

Jan 10, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #1,266 of 4,317

Quote:
Quote:

Let us know what you think; in their respective threads, of course. 
smile.gif

Quic one:
-MT's amazing for the £35 price I paid for them - brilliant buy, much more up-front mids than my TFTA's obviously don't hit as hard and don't have a "fuller" sound but dam they sound good - definitely not regretting buying them 1 instant
-Denon's I can't put it in words - out the box, comfortable ABSOLUTELY MUSIC HEAVEN - they hit hard, not over the top, are very comfortable and the wire is SO THICK!

Enjoying both purchases atm, both at great prices now just waiting for the "kicker" the 8320's!

Jan 10, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #1,267 of 4,317
Quote:
Quic one:
-MT's amazing for the £35 price I paid for them - brilliant buy, much more up-front mids than my TFTA's obviously don't hit as hard and don't have a "fuller" sound but dam they sound good - definitely not regretting buying them 1 instant
-Denon's I can't put it in words - out the box, comfortable ABSOLUTELY MUSIC HEAVEN - they hit hard, not over the top, are very comfortable and the wire is SO THICK!

Enjoying both purchases atm, both at great prices now just waiting for the "kicker" the 8320's!

Haven't heard the Denon's, but I was confident you'd like the MT's! 

Jan 10, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #1,268 of 4,317
I'm pretty new here, but it seems that all of the threads I'm subbed to seem to drift off the topic of the OP's original post, to the point that it makes it hopeless for anyone trying to search out info by subject matter. Most forums try & keep on point to the particular subject being discussed, no?

Jan 10, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #1,269 of 4,317

Quote:
I'm pretty new here, but it seems that all of the threads I'm subbed to seem to drift off the topic of the OP's original post, to the point that it makes it hopeless for anyone trying to search out info by subject matter. Most forums try & keep on point to the particular subject being discussed, no?

lol yes of course its good to be OT - although I posted my little impression of the earphones as they are 3 of the audio gear I was getting/got - Almost forgot my cheeky PFE 112's too though!

(PS. in theory your post was OT too lol :p)

Jan 10, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #1,270 of 4,317
Well, I've moved on to other cheapies because fit is... well... impossibly painful for any length of time greater than an hour for me, but I must say the monoprice were AWESOME for metal.  Electric guitars sounded really good.  Certainly no IEM does electric guitars better at that price point!

Jan 10, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #1,271 of 4,317
Sorry to hear you are having comfort issues with these.  You should consider shaving off the thick paint on the driver housing like I did a few pages back.. Take some Sand paper and scrape off the thick metal paint and you can even shave off more of the thick plastic housing. IT does let you use these with more comfort. They look kinda ugly after wards but who cares when they are comfy and sound the same. I will see if I can find that pic again. Smaller housing make for more comfort. Plus it was $7.11

Jan 10, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #1,272 of 4,317
I've had these for a few weeks now. I wasn't expecting them to compete with my more expensive gear, and with that in mind I can really appreciate the sound these give for their price. I decored some shure olives for use with these. My mother likes them and finds them comfortable. They're a bit too big for me to get a completely comfortable fit, but they're better for sleeping than my HF5s. Overall, they're definitely worth what I paid for them.

Jan 11, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #1,273 of 4,317
These really sound excellent with heavy metal and hard rock. One of the best iems i have heard for quite a while. I would think as a rebrand of shure, klipsch, etc with better look and cable these would retail at 80-100 and will find a good amount of buyers.

They are comfortable as well, the microphonics well that is another story :)

Jan 11, 2012 at 6:44 AM Post #1,275 of 4,317
Quote:
By interest...hasn't anyone actually opened up the IEM's?

I know one pair would be ruined doing so, but isn't it worth knowing or seeing what's inside these little IEM's?

DISCLAIMER: DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!

P.S. Fear not! The above were a faulty pair, that were no longer functional. Fortunately, Monoprice sent me a replacement. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back