The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Dec 17, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #1,083 of 4,317
So what do you guys think, do these drivers actually sound good enough to put inside a custom IEM? Do you think the enclosure is holding them back? Do they actually, realistically, sound 90% of an EX600?

Just an interest check, personally I love the EX600, and would love it inside a custom IEM! If the driver would fit that is, and don't really want to break a $200 IEM only to find that out you know? =P

Breaking a $7 IEM on the other hand...

Dec 17, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #1,084 of 4,317

Quote:
So what do you guys think, do these drivers actually sound good enough to put inside a custom IEM? Do you think the enclosure is holding them back? Do they actually, realistically, sound 90% of an EX600?

Just an interest check, personally I love the EX600, and would love it inside a custom IEM! If the driver would fit that is, and don't really want to break a $200 IEM only to find that out you know? =P

Realistically, they sound fantastic. But I wouldn't say 90% of the EX600. For trance, maybe. Now when you EQ them, they can sound amazing, and probably up there with the EX600. They would be great as customs, but only if you're willing to eq a custom iem. *end 2c*

Dec 17, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #1,086 of 4,317

Quote:

Don't know, haven't heard the EX600.

What I do know is that these sound fantastic. I probably wouldn't put them in a custom shell because I don't have a need for it (my outer ear) is big enough that these fit with little comfort issues but for others, if you really like the sound signature and really hate the comfort (or lack thereof), I can see reshelling these into customs and being pretty happy with them (if that's feasible).

Dec 17, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #1,087 of 4,317
I burned the 8322 overnight and they do sound better from open box but the sound signature is the same..On flat eq they sound mid forward. More mids than lows..They sound a bit muffly overall and lack the clarity or the detail of the 8320. The 8320 sounds better in every way. This is the case of bigger driver wins. Better stage, better clarity, better balance, overall better sound on the 8320. The redeeming aspect of the 8322 is that they can be eqed to have bigger bass to have better balance. With my same eq setting I have for my 8320 the 8322 sound like a different earphone all together.. Sounds much better but still is short of the 8320.

Dec 17, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #1,088 of 4,317
Dec 17, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #1,091 of 4,317
Ive been wearing my headphones over the ear and the fabric has torn away from the cable under it. I was on the subway and someone's bag snagged my headphones out of my ears. I'm not positive that was the culprit since the angle of the headphones pulls the wire away from the connector anyway when I wear it over the ear. I am contacting MP about it, hopefully they can issue me a replacement.

(meelec biflange pictured)

Dec 18, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #1,095 of 4,317

Quote:
Ive been wearing my headphones over the ear and the fabric has torn away from the cable under it. I was on the subway and someone's bag snagged my headphones out of my ears. I'm not positive that was the culprit since the angle of the headphones pulls the wire away from the connector anyway when I wear it over the ear. I am contacting MP about it, hopefully they can issue me a replacement.

(meelec biflange pictured)

Wear them with the protrusion up, so the strain relief points forward, and that problem area isn't so much of a problem. :>
Like this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/580769/the-monoprice-8320-mep-933-the-7-11-club/630#post_7942431

Yes, I know I'm wearing the cable down in that pic, but, normally wear them cable up, and you can see how easy it would be to put the cable on top of and down behind the ear from that position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back