The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Dec 5, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #692 of 4,317
Wow... glad I chose the A151 for my free earbud I won from MEELec's facebook. x3
Edit: elaboration; I wanted to try a balanced armature earbud, glad I don't seem to be missing out on that much with my choice.

Quote:
So lookie what I just got.

So this is very interesting. I can tell the mids on these things are forward and bassy.  I like the extended highs on these which adds to the precision on sounds.. However. I would rate these like this

highs
CC51=8320 I can tell the highs are a tad better on the CC51s but not by much and doesn't make the CC51 sound better. The highs are the best part of the CC51

mids
8320>CC51   The mids seem muffled to me. The mids and bass has less separation they bleed into one another resulting in a forward muffled sound. Congested on some more intricate tunes..

Lows
8320>C551  the bass on the C551 is ok but very colored bloomy and there is clearly an upper bass bleed into the mids..The coloration of the bass don't help the mids which is not as defined as I would like.

I prefer the sound on the 8320.. Way better balance than the CC51 and better definition as well. I got a great deal on the CC51 and they sound good.. They are not an upgrade over the 8320s. After listening to the CC51 I can clearly make out what is not right on them.. On no eq I can tell the bass is not as tight or as controlled. The bass is so boosted on the CC51 by default that when I first heard them I couldn't believe how congested they sounded.. Listening to Trance.. Not even close. These are clear in the highs but everything else is not. They don't even come close to the 8320 in trance. The CC51 just don't sound right at all for Trance.

listening to Jazz.. The better clarity balance and detail of the 8320 wins here as well..Will update more once I give these more of a listen.

For the guys what are wondering how the CC51 stack up to the MP 8320? They don't..I can't get over how muffled the sound is on these..These actually sound like good cheaper buds to my ears. You will get an actual upgrade in sounds over the CC51 by spending less...The CC51 to me is a downgrade.

Dec 5, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #693 of 4,317
At the same time however I can see how many might prefer the sounds on the CC51.. Both have a different sound altogether. The quantity of the bass seems bigger on the CC51 but it is an artificial type/ bloated over the MP 8320, I noticed sub bass is lacking in comparison to the Mp as well..Quality of the bass on the MP is one if its strong suits for sure.

The MPs way better  balance compared to the CC51 wins because the MP will do many genres better. Listening to hiphop just now and I think the CC51 sound good for hiphop.. I still prefer the cleaner better sound on the MP over the CC51 for hip hop as well.. So far I haven't heard anything these CC51s actually sound better at than the MP.. Which is surprising to me as given the reviews and the fact that these are supposed to be the "CLEAR" series of earphones by MMElectronics. These aren't clearer to my ears than my MP at all..If the mids and and bass was reduced about 2db these would sound right to my ears.

I will tell you guys for sure where the MP beats the tard out of these CC51 in.. Electronica/ Edm/Trance. No comparison.

To be fair though let me listen to the CC51 more. So far I am not too impressed. Even for a fun sound signature the bass is a bit too bloaty for my taste. I can't get over the congested sound on these in comparison to the Mp.

Dec 5, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #695 of 4,317
Well after reading though this thread I added two pair to an order I was placing with MP on Sunday morning.....They arrived this morning and I been listening to then for the last couple hours. I think they sound fantastic, and it's a joke that they sell for $7.11. The only issue I have with them as someone else here said was the cords transmit any rubbing sounds, which is a bit annoying.

Dec 5, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #696 of 4,317
Monoprice is down to 41 of them. They are selling like CRAZY!

10 minutes ago there were 49

Dec 5, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #700 of 4,317
Just placed an order...nuts with the gems you find I have to wonder how many turds you come across before hitting gold
tongue.gif
. I didnt like the HTF600 too much but they were nice for the price, hope I enjoy these.

Dec 5, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #701 of 4,317

Quote:
Just placed an order...nuts with the gems you find I have to wonder how many turds you come across before hitting gold
tongue.gif
. I didnt like the HTF600 too much but they were nice for the price, hope I enjoy these.

I wondered the same thing. And I too wasn't blown away by the HTF600, but these are incredible to me. I think they are an even much better value. These I will use, I couldn't find a use for the Pannies. But I didn't mod them in any way. I want the velour pads. 

It begs the question, Dsnuts. Of your two finds, which do you like best?

Dec 5, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #702 of 4,317

Quote:
tongue.gif

Hey man you try them HTF600 with some movies and you tell me those weren't worth your $30..But in all seriousness you are right I do go through a lot of rejects to find the one. It is a labor of love..I am not all about just budget stuff you know. I do like my nicer cans. My new AT A900X. Oh man. Wish you all can hear these. If I can get an earphone that sound like this..It just never ends. But if I hear something that deserves some notice you bet I will throw up a thread.. I have a feeling you might like these a bit more than your HTF600s.. The SQ on these MP are no where near what they are asking for these. Remember proper tip and burn..

Dec 5, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #703 of 4,317

Quote:
I wondered the same thing. And I too wasn't blown away by the HTF600, but these are incredible to me. I think they are an even much better value. These I will use, I couldn't find a use for the Pannies. But I didn't mod them in any way. I want the velour pads. 

It begs the question, Dsnuts. Of your two finds, which do you like best?

Man your putting me on the spot. Lol!!.. The HTF600 is a fun can an love them for what they are.  The MP 8320 I think will appeal to more people, well as long as IEMs are ok with the listener. I know I have lost a lot of the guys that were into the HTF600 as they don't like iems or don't get into them. To me the SQ and Value on the MP 8320 is substantial over the HTF600s.. They both have their uses and qualities but I think the value and sq you get from the MP wins hands down...  .

Dec 5, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #704 of 4,317
Down to 27. Monoprice might as well as order 10x the amount next time they contact their Chinese supplier tomorrow morning.

I'm anxiously waiting for my 2 pairs to arrive. I can't stand to listen to anything below the level of CC51/A151 anymore. Losing and breaking $40 IEM's is not really pleasant. Seeing how someone posted above rating these above the CC51, I think I want these TOMORROW!

dsnuts, how do we know that you don't work for Monoprice?

Dec 5, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #705 of 4,317

They both have their uses and qualities but I think the value and sq you get from the MP wins hands down...  .

I agree

Users who are viewing this thread

Back