The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Dec 3, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #601 of 4,317

Quote:
In for one of the 8320. 

Side note, got a pair of their 6889 with inline mic. Very good for the price. A bit muddy sounding but comfortable and the mic works well. Build quality is solid too. Sturdy feeling overall. If they last 6 weeks with me then they are well made.

Actually it seems their entire line of HPs are good to great quality much like the rest of monoprice line up on their site, well at least build wise. It seems monoprice is out walmarting walmart.  For sounds however I think for all the guys that are getting these 8320s..If you all are expecting sub $10 quality in sound I think these will impress the most..

Ya welcome to the $7.11 club everyone and enjoy your new MP8320s. I hope they have plenty to go around for round 2.  Remember try your other tips and burn proper, try out eq and your amps..

Dec 3, 2011 at 12:55 PM Post #603 of 4,317

Quote:
They seem really interesting. But it costs ~$40 to get them shipped to Australia. Wish shipping was cheaper. :/

Does anyone feel like putting some up on eBay? :D

The same here, shipping to Italy over $50! When using USPS for two of these you should not pay more than $15. I would have loved to buy some...
frown.gif

Dec 3, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #604 of 4,317
The same here, shipping to Italy over $50! When using USPS for two of these you should not pay more than $15. I would have loved to buy some... :frowning2:

"Some1"(the user) has some in the UK he should be able to send you for less, here is a link to his profile so you can PM him. http://www.head-fi.org/u/47483/some1

Dec 3, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #606 of 4,317
Hope they live up to the hype..Very interested in your take on these as it seems you and I have similar taste in SS. I know you got many a high end Iems but give these a good listen. I think you will understand why I am crazy about them..

Dec 3, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #608 of 4,317
Who me? .. Na it is the idea of possibly getting more than you bargained for that sells these MP 8320s..So what if they do? That is what is intriguing about these..I think these are opposite of what many are used to. You know when you get that higher end equipment after reading countless threads about em only to be disappointed when you spend your hard earned cash on it?  I have had that happen to me. Several times in fact,  Who hasn't.?.

These are different. Even the guys that don't like this SS can understand how the value for what you pay on these are through the roof.  Reading Jokers iem reviews. I am willing to bet you guys he would give these a 9 or 10 easily in value.  Something tells me these will land on his lap soon enough.. For the guys that are waiting for him to get these to review them.. $7.11? You can't spend to find out for yourself? That's kinda funny to me. See cus no one is gonna believe a sub $10 iem is gonna sound proper at all..

I spent more money on one beer at the Pepsi Center here in town watching a sport event.. It was $8.. What made it worse was it was 3.2 Beer to boot! Beer flavored water!

Dec 3, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #609 of 4,317
You guys should try SonicMax Pro on IOS, what a beast of a program. Lifts every IEM to new heights with the EQ.

Dec 3, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #611 of 4,317
I must have very strangely shaped ears, because I find that these IEMs fit me perfectly well stock.  I tried the biflanges from my RE0s and all they did was seat too deeply into my ear, resulting in muffled sound and significant discomfort.

That said, I've noticed that some people are wearing them improperly, with the lumpy bit pointing forward and the cables coming straight down.  It seems obvious to me that the lump should point straight up -- so that the "L/R" indicators are oriented properly -- and the cables exit forward-ish.  This way, the body of the IEM nestles into the cup of the ear, allowing the earpiece to protrude far enough into the ear canal to manage a light, but effective seal.  It also allows for the cables to be routed behind the ear with reasonable comfort, and without swapping channels.  And as a bonus, the wearer looks distinctly less dorky wearing them like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back