The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Dec 2, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #586 of 4,317
I think I'll be in after we can get a review by ljokerl... and a frequency response graph would be excellent as well.

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #588 of 4,317
Still waiting on my CC51s. It was a great deal for $25 on overstock but it seems they throw on that take their time shipment on all free shipping.. That is how it is I suppose for free shipping so I can't complain..

Dec 2, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #590 of 4,317
I think he was referring to these. 6343s, I had a very similar experience on these.. They look like Sonys or skull candies. .These sound like the price you payed for. .But the 8322 are these $7.38 the most expensive Iem monoprice got.

What does these look like to you guys? 6345?  I haven't tried either of them.

Dec 2, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #592 of 4,317
In for one pair since it's back in stock and I need some long cat6 cables anyhow.

I'm somewhat skeptical (after all some people liked the Kanen KM-92... I did when they were my only IEMs, but ever since I got the Soundmagic PL-21, I can't stand them at all), yet mildly hopeful.  And I have to go with my signature claiming I'm a cheapie headphone hunter, especially since I've pretty much disregarded that when I bought the VSonic GR07...

I'm not good at big reviews, but you'll get my general impressions against the M1, Xears TD100-II and VSonic GR07.  I'm hoping for a V-shaped (balanced) signature from other people's descriptions.  We'll see.  Those three pairs I kept are all among the top performers for their price (esp. the TD100-II, which I got for ~25 euros! But I find the fit somewhat tiring), all in somewhat different price brackets, but I don't have one of those in the sub-10$.  This could be a first. :)

In Canada though, so don't expect this for some time (1-2 weeks is usual for Monoprice stuff).

Dec 2, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #593 of 4,317

Quote:
Hows bout these. and these??

No to the second one at least.  Look at the other pictures of the housing on the Monoprice site, the Monoprice earphone has a housing that's meant for half-insertion.  Those are not the Cyclone/Lear/ViSang/old VSonic generic IEM housing.  They remind me of some half in-ear Panasonics or Sonys, but the nozzle appears longer.

If the first one has nice sound, it will definitely be a much better fit for most people than the 8320.

Dec 2, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #594 of 4,317

Quote:
Still waiting on my CC51s. It was a great deal for $25 on overstock but it seems they throw on that take their time shipment on all free shipping.. That is how it is I suppose for free shipping so I can't complain..

lol...Nutman it seems we have similar tastes...
beerchug.gif

I received my CC51s today from overstock...Fast shipping from CA to FL.  Going out on a limb for now, but might be my favorite MEE...
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #595 of 4,317
I am sure for the price there will be some curious enough to try them. I can tell you NO on the 6343s for sure. It is amazing to me that there are 5 star reviews on those. I read that they are rugged so I suppose something like that for the gym is ok but the 8320 is so proper sounding compared to those there is no comparison actually. Those sound so muddy it was in my ears a good 2 minutes before I took them out and packed them back up.

@Heatfan12 Nice. I am looking forward to those for sure.. You get a pair of 8320s yet?

Dec 2, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #596 of 4,317

Quote:

@Heatfan12 Nice. I am looking forward to those for sure.. You get a pair of 8320s yet?

In my cart sir.  They are back in stock and getting a cable order together.  Buying iems is addictive....lol......I think you should take a look at the GR06.  You know I was in a VSONIC kick mood lately and ordered the GR06, GR07 & R04 Pro.  Outstanding sound and accessories to boot..........
beerchug.gif

Dec 3, 2011 at 8:17 AM Post #600 of 4,317
In for one of the 8320. 

Side note, got a pair of their 6889 with inline mic. Very good for the price. A bit muddy sounding but comfortable and the mic works well. Build quality is solid too. Sturdy feeling overall. If they last 6 weeks with me then they are well made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back